ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the endgame for some of you?

Hurley was going to turn us down no matter what, and honestly he probably doesn't give two shits what fans think, for better or worse. But I absolutely believe that our fans played a part in Drew not coming.
I don't think you understand the ramifications of a devout Christian coach being asked to leave a Christian college.

Drew listened to God. Not UK fans. A person of strong faith does not allow outside noise or the desires of other people to affect his life decisions. He clearly stated that he and his wife PRAYED about the decision to come to Kentucky and were led to stay where they are.

I know there is no way people who are not Christian will ever understand that, but people who are serious about their faith and their mission for God live their lives by that faith and not the whims of some fanbase.

Some just want to have, I don’t know a top 50 coach? Too much to ask for yeah I know.
Cal is gone. You need to get over him. And here you go. You wanted a top 50 coach: Strait from Sports Illustrated BEFORE this season began.

10 Coaches on the Rise in Men’s College Basketball​

Don’t be surprised to see these names continue to rise through the ranks, including at power programs in the future.

With less than two weeks until a new college basketball season officially tips off, it’s worth looking at some names to know in the coaching profession beyond Coach K, Juwan Howard and Penny Hardaway. After seeing the early success of people like Eric Musselman and Nate Oats in building elite programs after leaving the mid-major world, it’s obvious that some of the top coaches in the sport often reside at lower levels. Here are some who could be the next Oats or Musselman.

Mark Pope, BYU​

Just nine teams have finished in the top 20 of KenPom each of the last two years. The fact that one of those nine is BYU, in Pope’s first two years as coach, speaks volumes about how elite at the job he is. That stat becomes even more impressive when you consider that BYU lost its top three scorers from the 2019–20 team heading into 2020–21. Pope is a skilled tactician (especially on offense) and a savvy recruiter who has brought in some highly regarded talent to Provo. After getting a look for the Arizona job this spring, expect some of the bigger brands in the sport to have Pope on their wish list should their jobs open ... though Pope’s Mormon faith might keep him in Provo for the long haul.

Look, I’m not thrilled with the hire either, but Jeebus Christ, let’s all take a breath. I’ve seen multiple posts calling for people to spam the athletic department and even Mark Pope directly. Who the hell do you think will want to coach here if you idiots do this? We are already toxic as evidenced by the all the big names that have passed on us over the years. Don’t make it even worse.
Exactly. Well said. Who the heck in their right mind would want to coach a UK team when the BBN fan base puts MAGA to shame?

I'm totally serious.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT