ADVERTISEMENT

Least Favorites?

Aug 28, 2009
What is your least favorite college football team?
Who has the absolute worst fans?
What do you think of the Mississippi State cowbells? (I kind of like them)

Reactions: rmndcat
The worst fans? Alabama and it isn't even close IMO.

Team I hate the most? Alabama and UT are tied. I hope they both lose when they play each other.

Cowbells? I like them, but also think other teams should be allowed noisemakers if they are

Team, fans etc it’s probably Univ of Miami. Saw the “U” 30f30 and it reinforced the thug, criminal filth element they were. Michael Irvin can still dive into a wood chipper for all I care.

SEC it’s Alabama.

Iowa is excruciating. always neither very good or very bad. the epitome of avg.

WVU fans are life threatening.

I gotta have more cowbell.

ohiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiio st with noter damn a close second. Probably the only bowl game for which I'd consider watching a bball game instead of the Football game would be a match-up between these two detestable teams.

Love WVU fans. They do what fans are supposed to do...scare their opponents and officials. I wish Commonwealth St...er Kroger field crowds were more like them.

I harbor no malice toward any SEC team or very few teams south of the Ohio River.

I had OSU & ND rammed down my throat from a young age. End of story. Explains why I always liked MI: they regularly beat them.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Indiana fans are in a category all their own, imo. There is good and bad fan behavior in every fan base......just seems like IU basketball fans take negative fandom to another level.

Notre Dame because of their elitist attitude. I don't think they should be in playoffs, unless they join a conference.

I don't like ND, but this year when UGA played them, I didn't attend, but every UGA fan who did commented on how cordial and welcoming the ND fans were, maybe because we outnumbered them, not really but close. Surprised me when they said that.

My trip to Knoxville was one of the worst experiences of my life. UT for sure is my #1
Ohio State is up there - the arrogance (yuck)
Some Louisville fans are awful - but you can prob say that about any fan base. They just seem to have more per capita, especially when it comes to FB

UL and Ohio St are my two

Surprised people mentioned bama. I've been to almost every SEC venue, bama fans are by far the nicest most welcoming fanbase by far.

Notre Dame is my least favorite team. I'm related to many fans/alumni... They go to every game and throw a hell of a party. They're very arrogant in their opinion about their status as football royalty, but they're extremely nice. We beat Iowa at Iowa when they were ranked #4 in the country. I watched the game from my dad's bus and then went into the Notre Dame Navy game. I was wearing a Northwestern jersey. Got a small standing ovation upon entering my section. Very nice people despite their arrogance.

Tennessee fans are my least favorite. Had lots of problems engaging them on message boards. One of our bloggers said Rocky Top was trash and they proceeded to docs and threaten his girlfriends safety. Other Tennessee fans were tweeting and making fun of a kid who was sad and bored watching the game in Tampa. Seriously, who takes pictures and makes fun of kids? Couldn't stand them.

The 2012 Mississippi State bowl game was huge for Northwestern. We broke a streak of losing bowl games and since we've only went to 1 before 1995, it was the first bowl win of my lifetime. The Mississippi State cowbell was kind of like the sound track of the game. They all came to our board saying they don't ring the bells while our offense is at the line... they did. They said they police themselves about using the bells appropriately... they don't. They said it's a penalty if the bells go off at the wrong time... it wasn't. Oh well, we won, so I'm cool with the cowbells.

Reactions: rmndcat
1. Louisville, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan and Tennessee (not in order)
2. Louisville, Florida, Ohio State, South Carolina
3. Meh

Hate the cowbells having been to Starkville sevreal times...Hate ND, U6, filthy orange and Fla the most

U6 is the code name assigned to the University of Louisville in the recent FBI report regarding the Bureau's investigation into criminal behavior and corruption in college basketball.

(Edit: Actually, as I understand it, the FBI was only interested in the criminal behavior and, inadvertently, stumbled onto a trail of corruption at U6. The misbehavior at U6, evidently, includes colluding with the U6 apparel company to pay a basketball player $100,000 to attend U6.)

Reactions: shakes3858
Least favorite team: USC Sr. Just don't like those west coast teams especially ones that cheat.

Worst fans: Tennessee/Florida- at least among those who visit Commonwealth

Most hated: Notre Dame (not even close as, year after year, the media slobbers on their collective knob and they seem to almost always disappoint; haven't won a NC since 1988 and really were only a threat recently when Bama destroyed them), South Carolina and then Louisville
Worst fans: South Carolina - a bunch of rednecks with visions of grandeur for a program constantly mired in mediocrity for the vast majority of its history
Cowbells: annoying as hell; I would hate to go to a game in Starkville; I'd leave with a migraine; not sure why the NCAA allows them and not thunder sticks, horns, etc. for other teams

Reactions: MountainParkway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT