ADVERTISEMENT

Last two games: 53 assists, 17 turnovers. This is incredible.

I don't know if the camera man isn't focusing on Cal or what, but he doesn't seem to be screaming and yelling as much as he has in past years.
He trusts these guys already. They all seem like really high IQ guys. There was a sequence in the second half where Dilly hit a few consecutive shots and was feeling hot. He had the ball on a fast break, and any normal freshmen pulls up and takes a three. He slowed it down, drove, and dished to Mitchell for an easy 2.

Cal's teams are best when he doesn't have to babysit. 2012 had that with MKG and his breakfast club. This team seems to have it as well.

I know Marshall isn't much but this Miami team is good. Yes we had the advantage being at home but We were still the better team. I really like Dilly and Reed coming off the bench. Both guys could or should start any where in the country and they don't give 2 Fs about it.When they in its on. Defenses don't like that.

Bradshaw is going to be another guy who gets his and helps the team. Might rnd up being another guy who could get ya 20. We could have 3 starters coming off the bench.

iu

I know Marshall isn't much but this Miami team is good. Yes we had the advantage being at home but We were still the better team. I really like Dilly and Reed coming off the bench. Both guys could or should start any where in the country and they don't give 2 Fs about it.When they in its on. Defenses don't like that.

Bradshaw is going to be another guy who gets his and helps the team. Might rnd up being another guy who could get ya 20. We could have 3 starters coming off the bench.
It is insane having Reed coming off the bench. You want your best player setting the tone for the game. Reed brings a sense of calmness to the game that isn't present when he is off the floor. There is no way that we blow out Miami if Shep didn't start the second half. Cal would have allowed Miami to go on a 15 point run before bringing Shep off the bench just like he did in the KU game. I know it wasn't a 15 point run in that game but we allowed them back into the game before bringing Shep and Dilly back into the game. The game should never have been close enough at the end for KU to win.

It is insane having Reed coming off the bench. You want your best player setting the tone for the game. Reed brings a sense of calmness to the game that isn't present when he is off the floor. There is no way that we blow out Miami if Shep didn't start the second half. Cal would have allowed Miami to go on a 15 point run before bringing Shep off the bench just like he did in the KU game. I know it wasn't a 15 point run in that game but we allowed them back into the game before bringing Shep and Dilly back into the game. The game should never have been close enough at the end for KU to win.
Stop. Please. Just enjoy tonight.

Goodness gracious- just ran a Top-8 team off the floor and put the nation on notice while essentially being without 2 lottery picks playing (Bradshaw and Wagner) and THIS is what we're focused on.

Never fails with some posters.

I hope we don't surge too high. I want this team to keep feeling underappreciated so that they remain hungry and grounded.
I think that whole idea is a little overblown. Guys at this level are motivated by success and being seen as great players. I don't really think being ranked to high or to low is a dealbreaker when it comes to how focused these guys and and in turn how well they play. That idea has never vibed with me.

Goodness gracious- just ran a Top-8 team off the floor and put the nation on notice while essentially being without 2 lottery picks playing (Bradshaw and Wagner) and THIS is what we're focused on.

If you don't like my posts, stop reading them because there will be more to come.

I think that whole idea is a little overblown. Guys at this level are motivated by success and being seen as great players. I don't really think being ranked to high or to low is a dealbreaker when it comes to how focused these guys and and in turn how well they play. That idea has never vibed with me.
Thanks for sharing.

If you don't like my posts, stop reading them because there will be more to come.

But WHY is the question? Why even root for Kentucky when the only thing you want to do is be negative?

You're like my wife...she LOVES her friend Becky but all she does is bitch and moan about her and how annoying she is.

Just don't be a fan, your life will be less miserable maybe.

But WHY is the question? Why even root for Kentucky when the only thing you want to do is be negative?

You're like my wife...she LOVES her friend Becky but all she does is bitch and moan about her and how annoying she is.

So you're suggesting that someone who isn't happy with the direction of the program should just change loyalties. Wouldn't that make them a fairweather fan?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
So you're suggesting that someone who isn't happy with the direction of the program should just change loyalties. Wouldn't that make them a fairweather fan?

My question, Mike, is how is that poster not currently happy with the direction of the program? After a near 30 point win against the #8 team in the country.

How, minutes after the game finishes, are you not happy with the direction of the program in this very moment? Why is the ONLY thing you run around posting about that you don't like that one player isn't starting.

You are the one who seems very miserable. Why?

My question, Mike, is how is that poster not currently happy with the direction of the program? After a near 30 point win against the #8 team in the country.

How, minutes after the game finishes, are you not happy with the direction of the program in this very moment? Why is the ONLY thing you run around posting about that you don't like that one player isn't starting.
Who cares about your stupid question. You seem butt hurt because your boy DJ wasn't able to play very much tonight.

Last edited:
The only persons not happy tonight are the poster and his DJ groupies who feel threatened by Shep. Lol

Who cares about you stupid question. You seem butt hurt because you boy DJ was able to play very much tonight.

Lol whatever you want to think there, champ. I haven't made one post about Wagner tonight, but I count at least 6 posts of yours from tonight talking about Wagner. So who is it that's obsessed with Wagner??

I absolutely love Reed Sheppard and have given him props over and over. He's probably the best player on the team right now- but after a 30 point win, the last thing I am going to do is run to a message board and whine, and sob, and throw a hissy fit because my favorite player didn't start.

I love our ENTIRE team- I don't care which player is better than who, I care that KENTUCKY was better than MIAMI tonight, and that is ALL I have posted about.

But I guess anyone who calls you out for being a shitty poster, you have to pivot to calling them DJ fan boys- last month you were calling people Cal fan-boys- anyone who disagrees with you is a "fanboy" which is just the dumbest thing to post if you aren't a 12 year old girl.

I care that KENTUCKY is better than MIAMI, and I will celebrate any player, any time when they have amazing games.

But you don't seem to feel the same, so it is what it is. But "fans" (trolls) like you are just the worst.

You raise a valid point, I guess I'm just sick of the whole "fake fan" and "go root for someone else" nonsense. It's just sophomoric bullshyte.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

This board is such a sh1tshow, and I blame the mods for letting it happen. I came over fully expecting “FANS” celebrating one of the more impressive wins of any team this year and you have a bunch of trolls and idiots criticizing our coach. Unbelievable really

You raise a valid point, I guess I'm just sick of the whole "fake fan" and "go root for someone else" nonsense. It's just sophomoric bullshyte.

That's a fair complaint, but man I am tired of the negativity, Mike. It's the same 10 or 15 posters, over and over, running from thread to thread and just bitching and moaning. It's soooo tiresome.

Lol whatever you want to think there, champ. I haven't made one post about Wagner tonight, but I count at least 6 posts of yours from tonight talking about Wagner. So who is it that's obsessed with Wagner??

I absolutely love Reed Sheppard and have given him props over and over. He's probably the best player on the team right now- but after a 30 point win, the last thing I am going to do is run to a message board and whine, and sob, and throw a hissy fit because my favorite player didn't start.

I love our ENTIRE team- I don't care which player is better than who, I care that KENTUCKY was better than MIAMI tonight, and that is ALL I have posted about.

But I guess anyone who calls you out for being a shitty poster, you have to pivot to calling them DJ fan boys- last month you were calling people Cal fan-boys- anyone who disagrees with you is a "fanboy" which is just the dumbest thing to post if you aren't a 12 year old girl.

I care that KENTUCKY is better than MIAMI, and I will celebrate any player, any time when they have amazing games.

But you don't seem to feel the same, so it is what it is. But fans like you are just the worst.
It seems that I have really hit a sore spot. Since you claim that I called someone a Cal fan-boy just a month ago, it should be very easy for you to provide proof of that. Put up or shut up.

That's a fair complaint, but man I am tired of the negativity, Mike. It's the same 10 or 15 posters, over and over, running from thread to thread and just bitching and moaning. It's soooo tiresome.
Again, yes it sucks but man these guys can go to ignore too. My suggestion is be better than this. If it's the same guys then it should be easy to ID them.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT