ADVERTISEMENT

Larry glover just said pitino is in the mix

What 20 million? You doing long term math again? Why won’t that money be there next year? And I doubt he’s top 10 maybe not even lottery. There will be an nil deal for him bigger than anything he will make being drafted this year. If it were simple as you think that it’s all about money. Reed would have already declared and Danny Hurley will be the next coach. Uk fans heads are corroded with $$$$$$ because that’s how cal tried to condition us. The weak minded have fallen for this.

He’s still predicted to go #7. Which is around $20 million (or more) for his first 3-4 years.

Irresponsible to pass that much up. In my opinion.

I’m not corroded with anything. I simply disagree and offered an alternative opinion. And for some reason that made you upset.

Wanting my son to be successful isn’t being corroded. Reed has played basketball and worked his ass off to get as good as he is and he has an opportunity to make $20 million in a few months: it’s not absurd to think he or his family will not pass that up .

You think just because his dad played for Kentucky that he’s going to come back? Or that he would he selfish for declaring?

Outside of lottery/ 1st round I understand coming back but that isn’t the case here.

To reiterate- There is no need to get so angry and upset simply because we have a difference of opinion. I say something you don’t like and you go off on some tangent? Lol. Relax dude. Most of us on this board are on the same team (wanting Calipari gone and wanting the best for the Kentucky basketball program)

Relax my man. Relax.

Would be a pitiful hire unless he's a last option. Dudes 71 years old
He might be 71 but he can out coach COW between naps. He would also be very hungry to rebuild his reputation before retiring. That would give us the time to identify a long-term coach if Oats isn't coming.

If Brad Stevens has any desire to get back into college, this job is going to open up maybe one more time in his career, but its open now

and its his for the taking

He’s still predicted to go #7. Which is around $20 million (or more) for his first 3-4 years.

Irresponsible to pass that much up. In my opinion.

I’m not corroded with anything. I simply disagree and offered an alternative opinion. And for some reason that made you upset.

Wanting my son to be successful isn’t being corroded. Reed has played basketball and worked his ass off to get as good as he is and he has an opportunity to make $20 million in a few months: it’s not absurd to think he or his family will not pass that up .

You think just because his dad played for Kentucky that he’s going to come back? Or that he would he selfish for declaring?

Outside of lottery/ 1st round I understand coming back but that isn’t the case here.

To reiterate- There is no need to get so angry and upset simply because we have a difference of opinion. I say something you don’t like and you go off on some tangent? Lol. Relax dude. Most of us on this board are on the same team (wanting Calipari gone and wanting the best for the Kentucky basketball program)

Relax my man. Relax.
20 mil over 4 years? Again your doing long term math. He ll make at least 5 some say 8 million in nil money next year. That nba money is gonna be there regardless and after this tournament and combines reed drops quite a bit.

20 mil over 4 years? Again your doing long term math. He ll make at least 5 some say 8 million in nil money next year. That nba money is gonna be there regardless and after this tournament and combines reed drops quite a bit.

Who has said he will make $5 million- $8 million in NIL money next year? That would, by far, be the most NIL money ever for a college basketball player.

Who has said he will make $5 million- $8 million in NIL money next year? That would, by far, be the most NIL money ever for a college basketball player.
Bronny made 7 mil. You have no idea the package they put together. It’s impressive the donors one or which is a lifelong friend very good friend gave me that estimate. He also told me cal was leaving last year then said it again a week ago. There is going to be more money than you can imagine coming out the woodworks for the right coach

Pitino would be fine for a three year deal. That would give Mitch time to find his guy, the fan base would be OK with it as long as he wins. Plus it would be a bigger story that Cal to Arkansas and we would be the talk of basketball.
By then the new ad would make the call, removing Mitch entirely. It’s the best option.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
He might be 71 but he can out coach COW between naps. He would also be very hungry to rebuild his reputation before retiring. That would give us the time to identify a long-term coach if Oats isn't coming.
Then why did he lose to him so many times? Pitino also wasn't coaching the disabled at uofl, he had some players.

Did all of you forget that pitino was so f'n arrogant he passed on several other college jobs, bc he could get any he wanted, and took the uofl one bc he thought we would flock to him and become card fans? It looks like some of you considered it. Talking about no one is bigger than the program, some of you clearly have doubts. Pitino cares about no one here, only Rick, as he always has.

He won a championship with 9 NBA players. His time is over. Just like caliparis is over. It's a new game and time for new ppl. Thank Rick for what he did, and move on. The unforgettables will never be forgotten. He brought something new to the game and resurrected our program along with the help with one of the best players in basketball for 3 years...similar to how cal took UMass a school that never had a winning season to the final four winning 30 games a yr with one of the best players in college. Neither could replicate it again...bc 30 yrs ago is 30 years ago. It's bye to both.

We aren't a rehab program so ppl can reminisce. We're the best f'n college program of all time.

Last edited:
Does nobody remember what he did while at Louisville to try and keep up Cal? Dude is a complete slime ball. How any fan could want him anywhere near our program is beyond me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT