ADVERTISEMENT

Larry glover just said pitino is in the mix

LOL so 1 guy in the mix then. LOL talk about a list of No chances . Oates we can get if we want but we will not want . It is Drew . It was going to be drew it will be drew .
This is "your opinion", which does not make it as fact.

People thinking their opinion is fact is so hilarious.

I don't want it to happen but it would be an amazing story

and a little bit of desperation from both UK and Pitino

People forget though that Pitino pretty much held the fans in contempt. He loved being the big dog in college basketball, hated having UK fans hang on his every word.

Sounds like he's had time to appreciate it.

Even if it happened, he has maybe what - 4 years left?

right now I'd rank him below Scott Drew, and I don't want Scott Drew
And Cal? He's held the fans in contempt for years, now. Some of the things that Pitino did, Cal did too, sometimes worse. And like someone else said, we're hiring a basketball coach, not a pastor. I'm not saying I agree with his past behavior, because I DON'T! But I want the best possible coach available. Yes, Pitino made some mistakes, some pretty bad. I would like to know who HASN'T made mistakes, some pretty bad, I'm sure.

IF Pitino came back for a SHORT stint and got us back in the tournament and more than the round of 64(🤣😉🤪), how many of you that criticize him on here regularly (and the continuous jokes🤨) would stop with all of that and just let it go? Just curious.

How accurate is Trilly though? Does he have a good track record?
Incredibly accurate. I've been following for almost two years. He's nailed just about every recruitment, even ones that aren't on the radar for UK. Nobody is 100%, but he's as close as it gets.

• Wow
Reactions: Farsight
The BBN doesn't want him. He has a lower chance to rejuvenate the fan base. The 4 coaches on that list would be the guy.
Unfortunately, what BBN wants has almost nothing to do with who UK hires.

Incredibly accurate. I've been following for almost two years. He's nailed just about every recruitment, even ones that aren't on the radar for UK. Nobody is 100%, but he's as close as it gets.
Interesting. Who does he says is on Kentucky's radar, besides Drew?

If we get Ricky P back as coach, I will not be a UK fan. Do not care if he wins 200 games in a row! The guy is a headache, he is a much better coach than Cal but a much worse person. We might as well just quit playing.

NO TO PITINO, ever again.

Reactions: jdgilbys5
Just a thought ... maybe Cal was able to get better players because of being at UK. Tougher to get the best talent for any coach at inferior programs.
So all it takes to beat Rick is better players? You don't even have to do anything?

UK didnt go undefeated all those years they beat pitino. Somehow others were able to overcome it. I mean if it were a loss here and there okay, but it was almost damned every year

Not to mention, you guys are creating this fantasy he just had scrubs at uofl. There were some top recruits on all his teams.

Pitino is washed. His time is over. It happens. Just like Calipari is

How anyone can advocate for or think Rick is a good option baffles me. I mean, absolute bonkers land
Because you’re a teenager you have no idea what UK and pitino together are capable. You should step aside because your judgement this entire time has been poor

Reactions: westerncat
Pitino is the best coach in america. He would keep reed without a doubt and groom someone for the job to take over in 5 years. The guy has a massive chip on his shoulder too

I’m not so sure Reed would pass up $20 million dollars regardless of who is coach.

If Reed were my son and all signs pointed to him being a top 5-7 pick and getting $20+ million dollars I would suggest he declare.

How anyone can advocate for or think Rick is a good option baffles me. I mean, absolute bonkers land
You’re too young to have been a fan when Rick was our coach so you won’t understand. I understand the young fans hating him. He was the enemy for years. He shouldn’t have ever taken that Louisville job

Reactions: westerncat
You’re too young to have been a fan when Rick was our coach so you won’t understand. I understand the young fans hating him. He was the enemy for years. He shouldn’t have ever taken that Louisville job
Sorry man, you are wrong on this one. Been a UK fan since the early 80s homey

Reactions: CrimsonCats
This board is out of control with rumors and names now. Be glad when someone is hired and we get a roster list for next season. I can't keep up with this and work people.

Reactions: Mark80
GIF by moodman
Sorry man, you are wrong on this one. Been a UK fan since the early 80s homey
Homey

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I’m not so sure Reed would pass up $20 million dollars regardless of who is coach.

If Reed were my son and all signs pointed to him being a top 5-7 pick and getting $20+ million dollars I would suggest he declare.
What 20 million? You doing long term math again? Why won’t that money be there next year? And I doubt he’s top 10 maybe not even lottery. There will be an nil deal for him bigger than anything he will make being drafted this year. If it were simple as you think that it’s all about money. Reed would have already declared and Danny Hurley will be the next coach. Uk fans heads are corroded with $$$$$$ because that’s how cal tried to condition us. The weak minded have fallen for this.

I would bet that Pitino would probably be the guy that can get Reed to come back and retain some players'

the whole thing seems crazy though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT