ADVERTISEMENT

Lakers trading D'Angelo Russell and Mozgov for Lopez and 27th pick

Clears up 20 million or more in cap space in 2018. Had to package something of value to get rid of that Mozgov contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smashcat
The smartest thing the Lakers could possibly do is pass on Ball.

This sounds crazy and I hate Duke with a passion, but they should take Tatum. I think he is a can't miss prospect at the next level. Get someone you know is going to be good then go after some big free agents such as George, Lebron, and Butler

The smartest thing the Lakers could possibly do is pass on Ball.

This sounds crazy and I hate Duke with a passion, but they should take Tatum. I think he is a can't miss prospect at the next level. Get someone you know is going to be good then go after some big free agents such as George, Lebron, and Butler

I agree completely. You have to believe the experts know better, but there is no way I'd use the #2 pick on Ball. Tatum, Jackson, or Fox would be my choice here.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Just because. Pick an organization and build your thing. He's supposed to be a goat. Stop running everytime you think the roster isn't a dream team. It's beneath him.

Is he a Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic, type of player or a Durant?

Just my opinion.

That's just the way things are in today's NBA.
Cleveland cannot build a team around LeBron to beat the Warriors.

Just because. Pick an organization and build your thing. He's supposed to be a goat. Stop running everytime you think the roster isn't a dream team. It's beneath him.

Just my opinion.
Well it's hard to "build a team" when he's 30 plus. And KD just joe Ned the most "super" team of all time. Just saying, I wouldn't be mad if he went to the spurs and got CP3. Cp3 khawi lebron Aldridge would be nasty
Plus pop as coach

We just traded the former second overall pick to get someone to take a contract we never should have given in the first place.

Can't wait to give up Randle for a player that would sign with us as a free agent and draft Lonzo Ball to really tie the whole train wreck together.
Being a UK fan and laker fan must have you feeling a type of way. But I like the way the lakers are building

Just my opinion.

I agree.

I think if he leaves to play for a 3rd different franchise, it tarnishes his long-term legacy.

When you think of the all-time greats of the game, they were all fixtures for THEIR franchise and didn't move around. I would add Duncan to the list as well as he spent his entire hall of fame career in San Antonio.

Sad thing about Durant is, I really think OKC was just on the verge of overtaking GS if he just sticks it out. Hell he and Westbrook had them on the ropes last year and blew it.

Winning the first title for OKC would have really cemented his greatness. Instead, despite how well he played, his title at GS will not be as respected, simply because he went to a team that was already favored and fresh off a title in 2015.

If lebron where to leave this time it would be warranted. Gilbert is showing his true colors by doing things without consenting to guys like lebron. If this were any other team it wouldn't matter, but having the best player in the world changes that a little bit. That said, if he were to go to los angles I would cheer for them to lose every game.

Well then he's drawn bad luck. He won't be in consideration for Goat jumping ship everytime the roster situation doesn't please him. Not to millions of people anyway. Can Lebron not convince anyone to join him? He's basically the GM, maybe he's part of a problem?

I dont hate Lebron at all. I like him as a person and a player, I also like his promotion of UK. Great relationship to have. But at a certain point guys like Lebron need a home and need to build on his legacy and reputation, not help tear it down. Even if he went to SA and won two rings, jumped to the Lakers and won two more, histroy would record the way he jumped around and its not as satisfying as guys who build a name with a franchise.

Most guys can somewhat get away with it, I dont think Lebron can.

While it is true the Lakers could get George next year as a FA, it is better to drop some bad contracts (if possible) to get him this year. By trading away salaries, they can use the Lopez money and either Deng or Clarkson contrscts to get LBJ or Butler or

Reactions: kornucopia
Well then he's drawn bad luck. He won't be in consideration for Goat jumping ship everytime the roster situation doesn't please him. Not to millions of people anyway. Can Lebron not convince anyone to join him? He's basically the GM, maybe he's part of a problem?

I dont hate Lebron at all. I like him as a person and a player, I also like his promotion of UK. Great relationship to have. But at a certain point guys like Lebron need a home and need to build on his legacy and reputation, not help tear it down. Even if he went to SA and won two rings, jumped to the Lakers and won two more, histroy would record the way he jumped around and its not as satisfying as guys who build a name with a franchise.

In Cleveland.

We apparently can't be good at the same time. Cal shows up at UK and things start going sideways in LA.

If it's one or the other though, the Lakers can stay bad forever.

Lakers will be back. 16 titles is impressive and they will rack up more. It's the warriors world now though and for foreseeable future.

Clears up 20 million or more in cap space in 2018. Had to package something of value to get rid of that Mozgov contract.
Not signing Mozgov to that ridiculous contract that Lakers fans defended would have cleared up $20 mill a year too and LAL wouldn't have to give away assets. I wonder what they'll have to give away to get rid of Deng's awful deal.

Reactions: UKcats1988
LeBron James is such a bitch.
Yeah, what kind of dude has his name brought up in offseason rumors. Remember that time you liked that racist post that called Smith and Hill jungle bunnies then tried to defend it? Thats more of a bitch move to me.

Reactions: bigc45157
We just traded the former second overall pick to get someone to take a contract we never should have given in the first place.

Can't wait to give up Randle for a player that would sign with us as a free agent and draft Lonzo Ball to really tie the whole train wreck together.

Got to see how it plays out over the next few weeks. If they did this deal today with the hopes of getting better next summer...I don't get it.

I've got to believe they are getting PG and at least one more piece this summer. Got to be it, right?

Because why would you trade away (arguably) your best player, without a plan in place? You want to tank again next year and give Philly the top pick?

Got to be the first of a few dominoes...doesn't it? No way Magic is that dumb.

Reactions: UKUGA

What's LeBron supposed to do? He'll never be able to win in the eyes of the public. The Cavs can't compete with the Warriors right now. So, if he stays he's going to keep racking up losses in the Finals to the Warriors. If he leaves to a team that would have a better chance at beating the Warriors it tarnishes his legacy because he left to join another team. It's a lose-lose for him. The Cavs don't have pieces to trade for a better player. Unless the Bulls or Pacers trade their star for a bag of chips, the Cavs won't get a significant boost to their roster.

Reactions: UKUGA and bigc45157
Got to see how it plays out over the next few weeks. If they did this deal today with the hopes of getting better next summer...I don't get it.

I've got to believe they are getting PG and at least one more piece this summer. Got to be it, right?

Because why would you trade away (arguably) your best player, without a plan in place? You want to tank again next year and give Philly the top pick?

Got to be the first of a few dominoes...doesn't it? No way Magic is that dumb.
Magic is planning 5 years in the future at this point. Lakers weren't making the playoffs next year regardless

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT