ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker: scout on UK players testing the draft

Just about all of us here could be an NBA scout on these comments. Seems so obvious to everyone except the players. Really, PJ is gone?

The only thing I can conclude is that it must be a real hard grind to play at Kentucky under Cal and the thoughts of having to go through that again for these guys must be challenging. But, if you want to really improve and be in the NBA, that's what it takes. This is why most recruits come to Kentucky and that willingness to fight through challenges of this type needs to be in their DNA. The only other explanation on what is so obvious is these kids have surrounded themselves with bad advisors.

Basically this scout is saying that it's the G-League if they come out this year. However, if they wait a year, the incoming Freshmen are so unimpressive, all 3 would be assured of going higher.

Who's advising these 3? It should be a no brainer to return.

“I could see all three leaving. I think PJ is out — I’m pretty sure he’s going — and it’s a shame, because you just look at next year’s draft and there’s a lot more opportunity,” the scout said Monday.

If true..absolutely effing ridiculous.

As long as vando and green (so we have one experienced guard) return I'm fine. I think Washington returns, he needs to and would be great if so. If he leaves then he's gonna leave a sour taste in the bbn's mouth. He would benefit greatly from returning due to a weak draft next season. I think vando returns and if he can have a full healthy season works his way as a top 5-10 pick. Think Washington can be top 25 if he returns. If not then goodluck in the g league and no guaranteed contract to fall back on while in the g league. I'll still be rooting for ya.

If PJ does go he needs to know that his motor has to run at 110 mph or he won't make it, limited offense and taking plays off got him bench time here. In the NBA he will be small and ineffective until he gets something more than a back down move, that will be much harder going against a 6' 9 or bigger player without more offense. He has potential but it's going to take a while.

Last edited:
If PJ does go he needs to that his motor has to run at 110 mph or he won't make it, limited offense and taking plays off got him bench time here. In the NBA he will be small and ineffective until he gets something more than a back down move, that will be much harder going against a 6' 9 or bigger player without more offense. He has potential but it's going to take a while.

You don't just "turn on" a motor like that, that's an every day all thing or you're going to have to put a lot of work into building new habits. I'm not trying to mean because I like PJ as a college player, but I just don't see him leaving this year and turning into an NBA roster guy. He'll see some G league time a little NBA and then bounce overseas, IMO.

So many scouts think next year's class isn't going to be stellar yet people on here keep acting like we don't need Green. I guess it's just other teams freshmen that won't live up to expectations but ours will flourish, right.

We don't need Green!

So many scouts think next year's class isn't going to be stellar yet people on here keep acting like we don't need Green. I guess it's just other teams freshmen that won't live up to expectations but ours will flourish, right.

green is headed to all american status on here soon.

Dude please log off. We need green he has experience and played his role well and will get better. It's posts like this as to why we can't get guys to stay more than a year

He played his role well? Please explain. He clucked up a shot with 12 seconds left instead of passing to an open man like a pg is suppose to do. Sounds to me like a sg at 5'11 and a low IQ. Experience is good as long as their able to contribute. And I'm pretty sure they don't come on here and read what you and I have to say.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I don't care either way, its not taking food off my table but it seems like every year these scouts say the same thing except maybe to the top 5 sure fire draft picks. If they leave I will pull for them to do well where ever they end up. I cheer for and always have for the University of Kentucky. Players come and go and nothings going to change.

He played his role well? Please explain. He clucked up a shot with 12 seconds left instead of passing to an open man like a pg is suppose to do. Sounds to me like a sg at 5'11 and a low IQ. Experience is good as long as their able to contribute. And I'm pretty sure they don't come on here and read what you and I have to say.
Way to go you pick out one play out of the whole year just to shit all over him. Are you going to include pj and his 12 missed fts, or do we not need him next year either? Point is the whole team played bad against kstate. You can't pick out one play. He averaged nearly 10 pts a game in 25 mins. Shot 80% fts, and 38% from 3 you're right his experience and chance to lead another freshman dominate team are useless. Let's hope john wall can return. Let's cut out his game winner earlier in the year as well.

jeez that was one play. get over it. green is a nice player. had a nice freshman year. averaged 9pp, shot 45% from the floor, 37% from three. he is good at what he is but also limited at the same time.

Way to go you pick out one play out of the whole year just to shit all over him. Are you going to include pj and his 12 missed fts, or do we not need him next year either? Point is the whole team played bad against kstate. You can't pick out one play. He averaged nearly 10 pts a game in 25 mins. Shot 80% fts, and 38% from 3 you're right his experience and chance to lead another freshman dominate team are useless. Let's hope john wall can return. Let's cut out his game winner earlier in the year as well.

PJ is valuable to next years team. We are loaded at guard. Quade is viewed as a need. I wouldn't care to have him on my bench but I don't think he would want that.

PJ is valuable to next years team. We are loaded at guard. Quade is viewed as a need. I wouldn't care to have him on my bench but I don't think he would want that.
How can you possibly know we are loaded at guard when the only thing for sure is IQ and Herro will be here?

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Remember though that three of the guards who could join UK are from the 2019 class.

I think you were trying to say isn't viewed as a need hence the reason we have so many guards and hagans possibly reclassifying. I haven't seen any of those guys at the college level I've seen quade. I'll take my chances knowing what he has done and knowing it will only get better

PJ just wants to go it sounds like. Hope he comes back. Don't think I could leave if the season ended the way it did against K-State with all the missed free throws.

I think you were trying to say isn't viewed as a need hence the reason we have so many guards and hagans possibly reclassifying. I haven't seen any of those guys at the college level I've seen quade. I'll take my chances knowing what he has done and knowing it will only get better

I've saw Quade and he isn't special. Hagans and Quickly are special. Quade is 5'11, unathlectic, can't create his own shot or pass the ball. He's a 5'11 spot up shooter...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT