ADVERTISEMENT

Kurt Cobain autopsy report

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
Tom Grant isn't the most objective source, so who knows if it's legit. And even if it is, it doesn't offer much new info. But whatever, here it is:

Direct link:

https://cobaincase.com/Cobain Autopsy.pdf

For the record, almost all of my friends believe that he was murdered.

Was Kurt doing hard drugs at the time? I don't think he was murdered but do admit it is possible. I remember reading some things from his diary and he was seriously depressed/anxious, a bad combo.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I'm not going to download it or indulge in theories. I just hate it that he isn't here anymore. Nirvana's music was my twenties. All the good ones of the grunge era are gone for the most part. Cobain, Cornell, Weiland, Wood, Lanegan, Nowell. Loved all those bands.

There’s a documentary about the making of Nevermind where Butch Vig talks about how they got the sound for that song. It was pretty cool

Will have to check it out. IMO, Nevermind was their best album. I remember standing in line at ear-x-tasy for In Utero. So pumped for it but it was a letdown IMO. Their Unplugged is a masterpiece however.

At some point the guy's conspiracy obsessed fans who decided to hate his wife decades ago gotta let the man rest in peace. I get it, there was a musical aura around Cobain. His band changed music history. They invertedly kicked the asses of lame hair bands and helped bring about a revolution of depression and flannel. Out was singing about strippers and groupies and in was looking like you haven't showered in days. Cobain was a depressed drug addict who wasn't comfortable with his fame and would have rather set up his band's equipment in a buddies' living room and played for a party of friends than be an icon for lost youth and MTV. 90% chance a guy with that personality was going to end his life in the middle of all the chaos that comes with fame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wonky
I was in charge of the music and movies department at Target when Nevermind came out. They made us put a sticker over the baby's penis on everything we sold.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
And while I'm being self-indulgent, here is another one of my favorite punk songs, definitely on the Mt. Rushmore, that narrates a rampage that a friend of the Vandals, Patrick Edward Brown went on, starting in the parking lot of the iconic punk bar, the Cuckoo's Nest. He tried to run over police with his car, and then drove around shooting out store front windows with a 12 gauge shotgun. Understandably, he was apprehended and did some time over it. LOL

Last edited:
If you don't care for punk rock, that's fine.

Nothing wrong with Alice in Chains. A lot of people like derivative, cookie cutter grunge. Just know that you're listening to re-hashed Screaming Trees. Also, Janes Addiction trumps all of them.

Nothing wrong with Alice in Chains. A lot of people like derivative, cookie cutter grunge. Just know that you're listening to re-hashed Screaming Trees. Also, Janes Addiction trumps all of them.
Didn’t think think AiC was very cookie cutter out of the grunge world, thought their sound was pretty unique. Always liked the back and forth contrast of Staley/Cantrell’s voices.

Didn’t think think AiC was very cookie cutter out of the grunge world, thought their sound was pretty unique. Always liked the back and forth contrast of Staley/Cantrell’s voices.

Those harmonies were unbelievable, no doubt.

I'm just messing with you. Punk isn't my thing but it's incredibly influential and very important to music history.

Reactions: HymanKaplan

What do you mean that Jane’s trumps them all?

Jane's Addiction was alt rock well before what we were told alt rock was. Those dudes rock. I heard Kettle Whistle around 1990 and it blew my mind back then. Fugazi was another good one I found around the time Sublime came out. This was like '90-'91ish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT