ADVERTISEMENT

KSR today

Who didn’t put out terrible recruiting info on zw? And he gets his info from other recruiting services AND from inside the UK program.

Matt did exactly what I said and have said for years in this thread. He is not nationally connected to recruiting. I know some wont be able to handle that but it's been the truth forever. If you aren't connected to anyone outside of one source, your info is no good. That's just the facts. I know you like him but Come on Md.....

Having said that I'm cool. All I ever wanted was for him to be honest about it and stop the politics. Maybe next we can cure his illness.

Reactions: kev69
This is what I want to know as well. IMHO I think the staff could look very different next year. Kenny could become a head coach, Joel J seems to be his main recruiter and that may not be able to continue if we keep losing targets to puke. Barbee is supposed to be his zone whisperer and that hasn't gone so well. Interested to see how his staff looks next year.
We appreciate the honesty. Any word on what the staff changes could look like?

Two quick things:

1. That wasn't what I said on Wiseman...what I said is that UK wants and hopes to have him reclassify and be part of the class. Whether that happens remains to be seen, but I think there is a better chance of it taking place than the common chatter seems to be. But we shall see.

2. Recruiting isn't for everyone....as Saturday's Zion news showcases, there is NO ONE that follows recruiting that gets every kid right. Zion fooled everyone, including the Duke staff (I have a friend who covers the team that says the staff was completely shocked by this one and weren't even watching the announcement)...it just happens sometimes.

As for the bigger issue of whether "Matt Jones knows anything about recruiting", believe whatever you wish. If you have followed me for a long time, you know that what I say about recruiting is what the folks around UK think about it. I don't have "AAU contacts" or the like (although such contacts were worthless with Zion) so I have no opinion on what most recruits will do (which is why I don't do the Crystal Ball thing). What I do have good info on is how the folks around the program feel about it. What has been clear in the past year is that their feelings on two kids (Barrett and Zion) were not similar to how the kids themselves were feeling...and that is why I believe staff changes will be made. UK felt it was 50-50 on Barrett and UK/Clemson on Zion...neither of those seem to be the case. That disconnect is the cause of many of the problems in my view.

Believe whatever you wish in recruiting...there are some on this thread who are on every thread that mentions me or KSR just to bash us. Those folks will never be pleased. For everyone else, if you are looking for certainty, become a scientist. Recruiting is silly and you never truly know what will happen. I asked the 4 people I most respect nationally to predict on Zion Saturday and every one of them told me a different team, and none told me Duke. No one is right all the time, certainly not me.

Two quick things:

1. That wasn't what I said on Wiseman...what I said is that UK wants and hopes to have him reclassify and be part of the class. Whether that happens remains to be seen, but I think there is a better chance of it taking place than the common chatter seems to be. But we shall see.

2. Recruiting isn't for everyone....as Saturday's Zion news showcases, there is NO ONE that follows recruiting that gets every kid right. Zion fooled everyone, including the Duke staff (I have a friend who covers the team that says the staff was completely shocked by this one and weren't even watching the announcement)...it just happens sometimes.

As for the bigger issue of whether "Matt Jones knows anything about recruiting", believe whatever you wish. If you have followed me for a long time, you know that what I say about recruiting is what the folks around UK think about it. I don't have "AAU contacts" or the like (although such contacts were worthless with Zion) so I have no opinion on what most recruits will do (which is why I don't do the Crystal Ball thing). What I do have good info on is how the folks around the program feel about it. What has been clear in the past year is that their feelings on two kids (Barrett and Zion) were not similar to how the kids themselves were feeling...and that is why I believe staff changes will be made. UK felt it was 50-50 on Barrett and UK/Clemson on Zion...neither of those seem to be the case. That disconnect is the cause of many of the problems in my view.

Believe whatever you wish in recruiting...there are some on this thread who are on every thread that mentions me or KSR just to bash us. Those folks will never be pleased. For everyone else, if you are looking for certainty, become a scientist. Recruiting is silly and you never truly know what will happen. I asked the 4 people I most respect nationally to predict on Zion Saturday and every one of them told me a different team, and none told me Duke. No one is right all the time, certainly not me.

I agree above.

Matt needs to stop talking so much about recruiting and explain what's going on at UK right now. How is Calipari handling everything, what's going around about the last whiffs, what's coming up for staff changes, how will the program look going forward, as in change, if at all.

There's tons of stuff people really want to hear right now, one sided recruiting info and politics? No thanks.

Do you know for sure they orchestrated it? Is there a link?
Why would there be a link? Does the world revolve around links. Sometimes you just add 1 plus 1 and get 2. All I know for sure is I have an opinion and unlike some people I do not get paid for expressing it so if I am wrong it doesn't really matter anyway.

Matt did exactly what I said and have said for years in this thread. He is not nationally connected to recruiting. I know some wont be able to handle that but it's been the truthhforever. Come on Md.....

Having said that I'm cool. All I ever wanted was for him to be honest about it and stop the politics. Maybe next we can cure his illness.
Lol, not nationally connected.

So, you’d rather not get info from inside the program? lol

He has been saying for the last couple of weeks, that the UK STAFF did not know if they were getting zw. Last year with Knox, even tho the “nationally connected “ experts were predicting Knox to pUKe, the UK STAFF felt pretty good about our chances.

How’d that turn out for the nationally connected bunch?

Reactions: mapcatfan
No idea and Matt doesn't know either. He put out a ton of terrible recruiting information this year. He needs to just admit he doesn't know much other than what UK tells him and call it. He will only know about Wiseman from UK's standpoint, no one will know until wiseman himself makes the move.
He may not know himself. The ultimate top secret silent verbal buried in a secret time capsule.

He has been saying for the last couple of weeks, that the UK STAFF did not know if they were getting zw. Last year with Knox, even tho the “nationally connected “ experts were predicting Knox to pUKe, the UK STAFF felt pretty good about our chances.

I'm not talking about the media, they put out more fluff than anyone.

You aren't getting this man, I cant figure out why Jones blinds you so much.

One sided recruiting info is fine as far as what Kentucky HOPES, but it's typically not going to amount to anything. Staffs are lied to, they will misdirect on purpose, sometimes they feel confident when they shouldn't. And as we've seen, coaches rarely know where a kid is going anyway. How Kentucky feels about a recruit is totally meaningless except to understand who they want and where their time is going. Other than that, it's trash.

I have said that if Matt would just admit (I've never heard him do it) that he's not a recruiting expert and has few resources outside of Kentucky I would be fine. But the stealing of information and passing it off as his has happened, that stuff turns people off. He didn't put his time into becoming a recruiting wig because there's no money in it. Look at Maggard, gone. Jones is an entertainer, and so why have people always defended him as something other than that?

We won't agree, but I'm not wrong.

Two quick things:

Props Mr. Jones. I think a lot of us are just disappointed with Saturday’s “no good horrible day”. Recruiting this year and last has been a crap shoot (i.e. us landing Kevin Knox). I believe a lot of your audience (myself included) thought you had some connections that had a great deal of solid info that of course most of us don’t get to hear.

But in recruiting as well as weather appearently no one truly knows. I still appreciate your views and while I’ll take your recruiting info with more salt now, I still enjoy the show.

Reactions: morgousky
Props Mr. Jones. I think a lot of us are just disappointed with Saturday’s “no good horrible day”. Recruiting this year and last has been a crap shoot (i.e. us landing Kevin Knox). I believe a lot of your audience (myself included) thought you had some connections that had a great deal of solid info that of course most of us don’t get to hear.

But in recruiting as well as weather appearently no one truly knows. I still appreciate your views and while I’ll take your recruiting info with more salt now, I still enjoy the show.
Wow.

Total logic and completely unbiased view of the full circle.

Amazing how some just get it, others can't let go.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt

One sided recruiting info is fine as far as what Kentucky HOPES, but it's typically not going to amount to anything. Staffs are lied to, they will misdirect on purpose, sometimes they feel confident when they shouldn't. And as we've seen, coaches rarely know where a kid is going anyway. How Kentucky feels about a recruit is totally meaningless except to understand who they want and where their time is going. Other than that, it's trash.

I have said that if Matt would just admit (I've never heard him do it) that he's not a recruiting expert and has few resources outside of Kentucky I would be fine. But the stealing of information and passing it off as his has happened, that stuff turns people off. He didn't put his time into becoming a recruiting wig because there's no money in it. Look at Maggard, gone. Jones is an entertainer, and so why have people always defended him as something other than that?

The last thing on Earth I care about is pleasing you or what you want me to say. You, and those like you on here, do nothing but bash me and literally post every time my name is mentioned to criticize me. There is not one thing that I could do to please you and even when I attempt to explain anything, you (and the 8-10 like you on this board) simply use it as a chance to bash me for "making money off UK" and politics...which is clear are the two reasons you don't like me and neither of those will change.

I come on here to explain to the many silent folks who simply read the site (a) when I have been misquoted so that comments aren't taken out of context and become fact and (b) when I think there are interesting parts of a discussion that should be considered.

None of those options have anything to do with what you or the other "every time Matt or KSR's name is mentioned we much come on and bash them" folks. For you guys, nothing will please you and your obsession over me will only grow sadder

He also said the UK staff thought Barrett was 50-50 and ZW was down to UK and Clemson. Both those things seemed to be pretty off base. But you sure are MJ number 1 soldier.

You're not talking about the media?? Then who are those f××king national experts you tout? I'm sure whoever they are, they all had zw to puke.

You are the blind one. I'll take info from inside the staff and how they feel as opposed to any other sources.

No one forces you to listen to KSR or read their site. I appreciate their info. Sometimes they're wrong but sometime they're right too.

He also said the UK staff thought Barrett was 50-50 and ZW was down to UK and Clemson. Both those things seemed to be pretty off base. But you sure are MJ number 1 soldier.
He's been saying for 2 weeks (at least) that the staff did not know where ZW was going. Stop listening. Pretty simple, even you should understand that.

Rumblings are gaining that Wiseman will reclassify. People in the past (Bagley) said they would not, because if they do it early, then they are not eligible for the big tourney at the end of the year. Supposedly some people think Wiseman is saying he is not going to reclassify, just to stay eligible for the Elite High School tourney at the end of the season. Maybe the Nike or Peach Jam. Not sure which.
Two quick things:

I don't ever remember reading that @MattJonesKSR claimed to be a recruiting insider; or that he had connections anywhere to recruiting, other than to say he hears what the staff thinks and how they feel. If someone has anything to link to show me where Jones has made these claims, please post said link. If anyone has proof that Jones is charging you for "recruiting insider info," please prove.

Don't like Jones? Don't listen to Jones. Simple as that.

Why is this so hard?

@morgousky - love your posts for the most part. You ask that Jones just comes out and admits that he's no recruiting expert. Is there a need for that? I ask, did he ever claim to be? I've seen posts of his where he basically says as much, that he only reports what he hears. Seems legit to me.

The # 1 real reason posters on here don't like MJ is due to his political views. Me, I don't like his haircut. Good thing he's mainly a radio guy.

I may have mis-heard, but I am pretty sure during the first 30 minutes I heard Jones say that he thinks UK will get Wiseman to reclassify. That isn't word for word but the gist of the context.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he's not going to reclassify. Was Jones letting information out ,or simply just speculating.

Is there a legitimate chance of him being part of the a class next year? And Was wondering if anyone else heard this statement? Thoughts.
Jones knows as much about recruiting as my neighbor who is an elderly lady in who had to be put in a nursing home.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
For you guys, nothing will please you and your obsession over me will only grow sadder
FWIW, Idt anyone's obsessed with you. I think you've been wrong more than you've been right and some ppl are using this to attack the fact your "sources" aren't very reliable. As you've stated you don't have an ear to the ground on recruiting and you've never made that clear to your audience (until today and it's bad for business) . Others in this thread have said they thought you had better info Bc you are the leader in UK sports information. It honestly sounds like you're a little angry you've missed so much the past year Bc most fans care more abt recruiting info on Cals prospects than they do Ms Tyler Thompson best snack tournament. Take it how you will.

The last thing on Earth I care about is pleasing you or what you want me to say. You, and those like you on here, do nothing but bash me and literally post every time my name is mentioned to criticize me. There is not one thing that I could do to please you and even when I attempt to explain anything, you (and the 8-10 like you on this board) simply use it as a chance to bash me for "making money off UK" and politics...which is clear are the two reasons you don't like me and neither of those will change.

I come on here to explain to the many silent folks who simply read the site (a) when I have been misquoted so that comments aren't taken out of context and become fact and (b) when I think there are interesting parts of a discussion that should be considered.

None of those options have anything to do with what you or the other "every time Matt or KSR's name is mentioned we much come on and bash them" folks. For you guys, nothing will please you and your obsession over me will only grow sadder

Lol, I'll bite.

You only post in threads about you. I'm not obsessed with you, you're obsessed with you. Which is fine, But I post about all topics, so let's not pretend I'm obsessed because you like being a topic.

I have said for years that I have an opinion that's unfavorable to you based off of two things. The injection of politics, and the misleading way you present your recruiting information. You seem to be backing off of the last one so that's that.

As far as hating you for your ideology, I'll say it clearly. You seem to be fairly moderate on many topics, but you promote a party that no longer aligns with sanity. Does that make me want you to tune you out? Yes. Could I enjoy you much more if there were no politics at all? Yes. Do you care? No.

I post all over this board and I've never created the first Matt Jones thread. When it comes up I post, like all of the other threads. But in your world I've got 11,000 post, all about you.

You've got more in common with Trump than you realize.

I don't ever remember reading that @MattJonesKSR claimed to be a recruiting insider; or that he had connections anywhere to recruiting, other than to say he hears what the staff thinks and how they feel. If someone has anything to link to show me where Jones has made these claims, please post said link. If anyone has proof that Jones is charging you for "recruiting insider info," please prove.

Don't like Jones? Don't listen to Jones. Simple as that.

Why is this so hard?

@morgousky - love your posts for the most part. You ask that Jones just comes out and admits that he's no recruiting expert. Is there a need for that? I ask, did he ever claim to be? I've seen posts of his where he basically says as much, that he only reports what he hears. Seems legit to me.

I've been around a long time, on numerous team boards, and I've seen what he does. He knows what he's done.

There's no use trying to explain it here.

Unless I get to argue the Duke lawyer in this thread I'm not answering anything else. I mean really how many chances do you get at something like that?

You literally we my around defending his "sources" this whole recruiting process. He admit he doesn't have much recruiting info. You're the one getting mad. Funny how that works out
Lol, you're so mad you can't even type a coherent sentence. His sources, as I've said repeatedly, comes from the UK staff. If that's not good enough for you, don't listen to him.

I guess you aren't smart enough to figure that out.

I gained some respect for Matt for coming on here and setting some things straight.
I want to like him and his show, but his insistence on shoving his left wing politics down my throat won’t allow me to.

I respect the fact he’s a UK fan, and does his best to promote UK athletics in a positive light. I also realize he doesn’t need me listening to his show, he’s obviously very successful whether I do or not.
I’ve been a vocal critic of him many times on this board, but now I’ve decided from this day forward I’ll just drop any negative posting about him.

Who says you can’t start maturing at age 51?
Funny-Laughing-Gif-Boy-Image.gif

Last edited:
Lol, you're so mad you can't even type a coherent sentence. His sources, as I've said repeatedly, comes from the UK staff. If that's not good enough for you, don't listen to him.

I guess you aren't smart enough to figure that out.
Yeah I'm mad Bc my phone autocorrected one word to two. I love how you consistently change your argument though, you'll never lose that way, at least in your mind.

The # 1 real reason posters on here don't like MJ is due to his political views. Me, I don't like his haircut. Good thing he's mainly a radio guy.

Same. I don't like his eyebrows either. I wonder if he spent his younger years plucking them when it was in style. The eyebrow wisps, receding hairline and Alex Jones Jr. voice and it's easy to see why so many hate him.

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
Yeah I'm mad Bc my phone autocorrected one word to two. I love how you consistently change your argument though, you'll never lose that way, at least in your mind.
I haven't changed anything. Said his sources were inside the staff. Said you were too stupid to stop listening to him.

I haven't changed anything. Said his sources were inside the staff. Said you were too stupid to stop listening to him.
I've never listened to a single episode of KSR, but now you're just guessing. Guess you're to stupid to form a point

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

So why come on and defend yourself. You have the Mattettes for that.
I have 0 problem with you but I don’t understand why you would come to a free message board and justify what you do.

I've never listened to a single episode of KSR, but now you're just guessing. Guess you're to stupid to form a point
So, you argue about some show you don't listen to ? Lol ,how stupid is that? Thats dumb, even for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT