ADVERTISEMENT

KSR reporting Mack out at UL

Apparently, Mack can be fired for cause over the Dino Gaudino affair as it resulted in a level II violation. Powder/Mack is going to take a big "haircut" on his contract buyout. Louisville board is meeting tomorrow.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Apparently, Mack can be fired for cause over the Dino Gaudino affair as it resulted in a level II violation. Powder/Mack is going to take a big "haircut" on his contract buyout. Louisville board is meeting tomorrow.

But the NCAA hasn't ruled on those allegations, and they obviously move slowly (which is why any such contractual provisions are problematic). So obviously there was some kind of negotiated settlement where Mack took less than he would otherwise be entitled to, but it will still be a lot. And I suspect he already has eyes for another job. This is probably a situation where both sides knew there wasn't a future, so they were both motivated to part ways.

Firing Mack will set Louisville back 10 years.
I suspect that's what they're hoping for!

Seriously, if Mack starts showering now he MIGHT get the stinch of Louisville's program off him by fall of next season, at a non-power 5 school. I think he lost the players/locker room when he cut the crack-whore budget (by half).

I'm glad for him to get the hell out. I wouldn't wish that job on anyone.

I'll get my popcorn out to watch the rest of the dumpster fire.

Where's Zipp's introspective when I really need it?

Georgia job might be open at the end of the season. He might want to check in on that.

So are the tards going to reschedule that game with us or what.
R.1f4d98ca0e8162ad37fabc4837071d80

giphy.gif

But the NCAA hasn't ruled on those allegations, and they obviously move slowly (which is why any such contractual provisions are problematic). So obviously there was some kind of negotiated settlement where Mack took less than he would otherwise be entitled to, but it will still be a lot. And I suspect he already has eyes for another job. This is probably a situation where both sides knew there wasn't a future, so they were both motivated to part ways.
And Mack should and will sue.

Does this completely bankrupt UofL?

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
And Mack should and will sue.

Does this completely bankrupt UofL?
It worked for Kevin Ollie and for a very similar settlement. $11 million I do believe. I'd lay down some $$$ that Mack already has Ollie's lawyers on speed dial.
Thank you UofL, you're the gift that keeps on giving!

the irony is Mack has informed the board he'll tell the NCAA about all the recruiting violations they have done if they don't pay him his buyout.

Someone on the board recorded it and is going to the FBI

Mack turned out to be a little weasel bitch. Man, it’s amazing too, because everyone assumed he was cut from a different cloth. I never thought it was a good hire but I remember so many here saying it was hard to hate Louisville with him there. Looking back that’s one of the worst collective takes this board has ever had.

How can Louisville be this bad at finding a guy to run a program? At this point I think Louisville should just stop talking about Kentucky shame and embrace the villain role. F it, hire Pearl. He’d go to Louisville in a heartbeat to play Cal yearly as his rival. It almost makes perfect sense and Pearl is good enough for a basketball job. Cal wanted that game with pitino and was hungry. Pearl loves beating Cal and he would love to be a Thorne in his side. As a UK die hard I want no part of Pearl there. I don’t think Cal is anywhere near hungry enough to take that on at this point in his career.

I assume they won’t do that though, and because of recent issues I think they go in no mans direction. If nothing else I’d hire Forbes.

The only way I see Pearl going to UL is if he knows he is about to get busted at Auburn

I think UL would have some appeal to Pearl under normal circumstances and he would probably relish the role of foil to Cal , flipping the roles when he was at UT and Cal was at Memphis, plus he has the reputation as the Cal killer right now, so UL would be excited to get him

that said, I can't imagine going to UL and coaching there shackled with violations and with Pearls reputation , the NCAA would just send an investigator to live on campus. Its a 3 year rebuild.

but now that I think about it - Pearl may realize with his reputation he is never going to land the blue chip gig. Maybe UL can work that to their favor. Both may be willing to take a chance for an upgrade

The only way I see Pearl going to UL is if he knows he is about to get busted at Auburn

I think UL would have some appeal to Pearl under normal circumstances and he would probably relish the role of foil to Cal , flipping the roles when he was at UT and Cal was at Memphis, plus he has the reputation as the Cal killer right now, so UL would be excited to get him

that said, I can't imagine going to UL and coaching there shackled with violations and with Pearls reputation , the NCAA would just send an investigator to live on campus. Its a 3 year rebuild.

but now that I think about it - Pearl may realize with his reputation he is never going to land the blue chip gig. Maybe UL can work that to their favor. Both may be willing to take a chance for an upgrade

I think Pearl would take Louisville immediately if offered. He’s got time to steady the storm, and getting back to being a rival with Calipari would be far too much for him to turn down. Pearl and Calipari hate each other, and Pearl finds it amusing. It might actually light a fire under Cal like we haven’t seen in a long time. Who knows.

I think Louisville is going to go in a boring direction personally. And if I were going to do that I’d hire Forbes for a bridge.

I think Pearl would take Louisville immediately if offered. He’s got time to steady the storm, and getting back to being a rival with Calipari would be far too much for him to turn down. Pearl and Calipari hate each other, and Pearl finds it amusing. It might actually light a fire under Cal like we haven’t seen in a long time. Who knows.

I think Louisville is going to go in a boring direction personally. And if I were going to do that I’d hire Forbes for a bridge.
By the time Pearl would have UL competitive Cal would have been gone 10 years.

Reactions: SosaUK87
UL will throw as much money that is needed to make a big splash, they need a coach that will get fans in the seats and play exciting basketball. Pearl would do it, but it better be a Big Offer.

I didn’t realize they didn’t have to pay Pitino anything in his lawsuit so they are only on the hook for Mack’s buyout and even that may be suspect, given his Dino FBI issues.

Always figured Pearl would end up at Miami. ACC is getting softer. Plenty of talent. And he could get wins at Cameron and the Dean Dome.

Under Cal it seems as though UK is better when UL is relevant and performing as a top 10 basketball program. It just adds fuel to the fire to succeed or listen to lil brother yap.

Hearing through the about as well connected as you can get grapevine around the office here, That Mack initiated the buyout talks, he will be settling for an amount. and that he's burnt out and ready to step away from coaching. Not sure what his next moves are. but the parting of ways is mutual but Mack initiated it.

they obviously move slowly
Yeah. Mack's in his fourth year and the NCAA hasn't ruled on the crap that happened before that.
I don't think a buyout settlement is going to be reached on the level 2 charges b/c UL and Mack needs that done in their lifetime.
Hearing through the about as well connected as you can get grapevine around the office here, That Mack initiated the buyout talks, he will be settling for an amount. and that he's burnt out and ready to step away from coaching. Not sure what his next moves are. but the parting of ways is mutual but Mack initiated it.
Well, that's interesting.

I kinda felt like Mack may have initiated it based on his responses to the media. Sounds like there is some tension in the locker room between him and the players as well.

UL will throw as much money that is needed to make a big splash, they need a coach that will get fans in the seats and play exciting basketball. Pearl would do it, but it better be a Big Offer.
They don’t have any money. Don’t forget about their football coaching blunders.

I kinda felt like Mack may have initiated it based on his responses to the media. Sounds like there is some tension in the locker room between him and the players as well.
I think the school would have preferred to wait till the season was over. It's not like they're going to the post season anyway, unless they find some new life under the interim.

I hope they will have a hard time getting a good coach to come there as they are still waiting on the NCAA to make up their minds on those allegations. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT