ADVERTISEMENT

Knox's father speaks on visits

No one said he is desperate in regards to recruiting in general. I was very specific in talking about Knox. Stick to what I actually said. Thanks.

He has compared Knox to Malik Monk and freaking Giannis Antetokounmpo, come on man. You can be a UK fan and still find that ridiculous and hilarious. Whatever works though. Still funny.

What general size are NBA shooting guards? Monk is going to be a very small one who doesn't have a reliable shot. How does Knox compare to that.

There is something "ridiculous and hilarious" here but it's more a matter of who and what.

Positions only truly matter on defense.

In Cal's system, everybody switches, so you defend every position.

So he better be able to defend the 2, because he will have to on switches. So will Washington. So will Vanderbilt. So will Bamba, if he comes.

Some people seem to think this is like grade school ball where your coach lines you up across from the other team and points and says, "that's who you guard." Doesn't work that way at this level.
Very good point. we run pick and pop and pick and roll with both bigs. He will get his opportunity. We run 2 athletic bigs in this system

Well that's not true. When Kentucky lost Zimmerman, Brown, Ingram, Swanigan etc those were desperate times and left Kentucky scrambling. Doesn't take away from how great his recruiting has been. Sometimes you have to get desperate with a recruit you don't have a great chance with.
You say Kentucky like you are an outsider.

What general size are NBA shooting guards? Monk is going to be a very small one who doesn't have a reliable shot. How does Knox compare to that.

There is something "ridiculous and hilarious" here but it's more a matter of who and what.
I wouldn't say Monk doesn't have a reliable shot.

Madison's been posting here for a long time. He's a UK diehard. Jesus Christ.
Chillax bro I know he has posted here a while. That is why I thought his wording was strange. Most people say we or refer to UK less formally. I am not sure that one guy says we see through your bs, or why people took offense to using the word desperate.

Cal also compared Knox to Antetokounmpo, quite a shift from the Monk comparisons a few months ago. Seems kinda desperate to me. I hope it works.
I think I read where before Knox said Cal was pushing a Monk type roll for him here. So I don't think this is a new pitch where he is concerned about getting him to the point of being unrealistic

Reactions: madison1329
I thought comparisons to Monk and Giannis were hilarious. I wasn't insulting/criticizing Cal. Tell these kids whatever you want, they are gullible enough to believe it. I've written off Knox months ago, whatever tricks Cal can pull out of his hat I'm all for. I'm focused on Johnson and Bamba. Get those 2 and we have the best/deepest roster in college basketball imo.

Reactions: Dablueman
ADVERTISEMENT