ADVERTISEMENT

Kiyaunta Goodwin

I saw him play multiple times in Paintsville....I don't know what you mean by traditional run blocking but they ran right off tackle where he was all the game, he'd pull and block and on their occasional pass it was a ton of short stuff he'd pull out like screens.

I think he is tremendous powering kids and he can move his feet. I personally stated he was better than Landon Young in HS IMO. For sure a bigger kid. I love the kid's potential for UK>

I am sure they did. But their offense had him release and block in space. He had virtually no experience with drive blocking anyone lined up over him

I think most people understood, that KG was going to be a project coming into college. A really exciting project, with lots of upside!! It has always been a challenge for Olinemen to play as true freshman, right out of high school. Especially Southern Indianan Football. I know there has been rumblings about this young man……. But does anybody have legitimate info on his progression. If so, would they like to share with the group. I Am still very excited about KG, and really just want to feel like he is still on schedule.
90% of this board did not see him as a project after the couple of games.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
Might not NEED a guard

But we might NEED to get him on the field....and not the portal
Well he attended 3 high schools in 3 years so there is a precedent. But if the kid can’t get his conditioning under control, he’s not going to be a big loss to the portal anyway.

I think Big George played guard early in his career. Having success is key. Getting the best on the field is key. There is a reason finding top OTs is about the hardest thing, next to finding a top rated Player QB.

Reactions: mattrudd
Well he attended 3 high schools in 3 years so there is a precedent. But if the kid can’t get his conditioning under control, he’s not going to be a big loss to the portal anyway.
Good thing the coaching staff has repeatedly said he has been working very hard.

Reactions: catben
1. Horsey from last year's Citrus bowl...should have never been moved off the guard spot. (Another reason why I struggle that Coen wants to keep him around....I actually thought Yenser was worse at his job than Scangerello)
2. Burton was pretty bad...2nd worst Oline only better than Flax IMO. Burton was put into starting a year to early IMO. He was an athletic kid but needed size...he's not quite there yet but I can give a Fr time to put on strength
3. As far rest...whY John Young never sniffed snaps is hard to figure out. But Bingham was a true Fr...and that kid was an absolute road grater in high school. I think he translates fine to college guard play. He was better than Aaron Dotson who both played the same kind of schools in HS and Dotson was not great but not awful. So I hold high hopes for Bingham.

If Goodwin is a guard then it is what it is.....but I'd love to see him learn pad level. He doesn't have great twitch even for an OLline to me. But I don't think he had slow feet...I'm hoping we can get a tackle otu of him yet.
It is puzzling that Young couldn't see the field on such a mediocre line. I was really high on his potential.

ADVERTISEMENT