ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsley reclassing to 22 class

I read about the "Redshirt" possibility which makes zero sense to me. No one at this level is going to stay 4 years and so even if he never plays except in a mop up role that is still better than not at all.

Agreed. Play him 10 mins against ooc cupcakes and in sec blowout. F a redshirt. He can play a small role this coming season.

Agreed. Play him 10 mins against ooc cupcakes and in sec blowout. F a redshirt. He can play a small role this coming season.
Never know when you might need him. Based on his potential, at this moment, I would rather have him than Ware. No offense to Ware, I like his enforcer type role but that’s about all he’s going to be good for. IMO, of course.

Kid looks like elite athlete for his hight. Noel type player. This is big YAY. Cal will play him in the Bahamas and then figure out if he's active or red shirt. This might effect Bradshaw pick, but bird in hand. and please God let him come back next year if that's the plan..

It wasn't from fans....it was from people who didn't want this out. I am not pissing them off.
You seem to have stable information regarding the basketball world; why would this kid be leaning to UK as so many feel but still be taking a list to Oklahoma? It would seem if he is truly leaning to UK as strong as many feel, the coaches there must be hearing this as well. Is this a last ditch effort to sway him?
Thanks for your insight.

You seem to have stable information regarding the basketball world; why would this kid be leaning to UK as so many feel but still be taking a list to Oklahoma? It would seem if he is truly leaning to UK as strong as many feel, the coaches there must be hearing this as well. Is this a last ditch effort to sway him?
Thanks for your insight.
That's an entirely different topic and not meant for the board. I'll be shocked if he doesn't choose Kentucky though.

Collins and Toppin share the PF spot. Not too complicated. Oscar shouldn’t have to play 35 min per game. Kingsley is backup and Ware plays against Bellarmine and others.
I think you are under estimating Ware. He is more than serviceable to back up Oscar. Kingsley will not start over Ware who has a LOT of experience playing against Oscar and in games in the SEC.

Eh...these reclass kids aren't that great for 1 year of college.

Let him go to another school, have zero scoring skills, block some shots for sure, get lost on defensive rotations a ton, be a walking TO every time he touches the ball, etc.. and go the NBA while not really helping a ton.

Oscar 30 mpg, Collins nabs 5 mpg at center and Ware is a very solid backup C......We need him in 23 class with all the PT in the world waiting at UK in that year....not 2022.

Lot of teams would not like us getting this big. Three bigs to rotate and protect the rim from easy baskets takes the refs out of taking that away from us. If we get him the only thing more I would want might be another good handling and defending guard in case of an injury.

Love how Ware competes and hoping for continued growth on the court.

No reason for him not to be working on and getting good at post moves and free throws daily.

Left handed baby hook and a slight fade away would do him wonders offensively.
Easy now. We have those around here that think he’s a punk.

I like the dude. Has a bit of a “mean” streak but that’s ok if he plays hard.

Wouldn’t it be better to get Onyenso some minutes as a Freshman? Wouldn’t that be better experience than just practicing all year?

And it would be good to give Tshiebwe more rest during the regular season.

F Toppin(20)/Collins(20)
F Tshiebwe(25)/Onyenso(10)/Ware(5)

I think you are under estimating Ware. He is more than serviceable to back up Oscar. Kingsley will not start over Ware who has a LOT of experience playing against Oscar and in games in the SEC.
I can't see Ware being much of an offensive threat. I look forward to seeing if he's got any new moves! He is experienced though both in Ky's system and major d1 basketball. I look for Ware to be stronger and better on the defensive end and get a lot of trash buckets. I think that would be him reaching his potential. Kingsley would be smart to come to Ky and practice against him and Oscar everyday. He'd grow up in a hurry.

Eh...these reclass kids aren't that great for 1 year of college.

Let him go to another school, have zero scoring skills, block some shots for sure, get lost on defensive rotations a ton, be a walking TO every time he touches the ball, etc.. and go the NBA while not really helping a ton.

Oscar 30 mpg, Collins nabs 5 mpg at center and Ware is a very solid backup C......We need him in 23 class with all the PT in the world waiting at UK in that year....not 2022.
Yeah but he isn’t going to play the first year it sounds like .

I can't see Ware being much of an offensive threat. I look forward to seeing if he's got any new moves! He is experienced though both in Ky's system and major d1 basketball. I look for Ware to be stronger and better on the defensive end and get a lot of trash buckets. I think that would be him reaching his potential. Kingsley would be smart to come to Ky and practice against him and Oscar everyday. He'd grow up in a hurry.
I like to look ahead, so a guy like this practicing and playing this year would be a great start at the 5 position for next years team. Getting legit rim protectors very difficult. Need a couple of those and a couple of lockdown defenders out front on every team. Not one, but two, so can take the refs out of the game more.

Reactions: cal=8
I agree with many of above comments. I remember sitting near our basket at UT game in sec tourney when Oscar was sitting due to foul trouble. Bless Lance's heart he was battling but he was just eaten alive several times. If Kingsley can give us a defensive presence for 5-10 minutes a game that would be awesome.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Please see my comments in any of the thousands of Dontaie Allen threads to know that I have no problems criticizing players or telling it how it is.

I thought Ware was fine as a backup last year. I'm sure he got beat sometimes, but he battled hard and generally held down the fort on the defensive end. He rebounds well.

I don't want him trying to create his own shot, so I'm ok with the fact that he doesn't. Score on put backs and easy buckets from the guards getting you open under the basket.

I would love to bring Kingsley in this year for the added depth. I want us to be as good as we can be. If he's better than Lance, that's great. If he's not, I think Lance is pretty serviceable.

I would be shocked if that occurred. No way Cal lets that happen again.
I wouldn't think so either. However, the NBA drafts on potential. If he tests the waters like many of our players do every year whether they're ready or not he could be an intriguing prospect to NBA scouts. I think the ideal situation would've been for him not to reclassify and being part of a loaded class next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: westerncat
Here is a nice Mix tape I found for him. Definitely a Man in the paint, kind of rim protector we have missed lately. Looks to have decent hands, runs the floor well, can catch the lob, and has a nice little below free throw line jumper. Definitely raw but massive potential. Definitely a guy you take and develop

Yeah but he isn’t going to play the first year it sounds like .
Yeah i get that plan.....just seems like at UK this never pans out. Just play your Sr year and deal with college in 23 makes the most sense...unless you have an agenda.

Where my post go? For the record, I’m not a “Cal Hater”, I’m a “UK Lover”. So when I see UK having single digit win seasons, getting knocked out in the 1st round, losing every recruit to Duke and whoever else, having unqualified assistants on the bench, Ugh yeah, imma bitch. Does that spell it out clearly enough for you knuckle heads?
I wish I could like this post a thousand times; spot on brother.

Writing pretty much on the wall with this one. Welcome, Ugonna.

Not sure what to think of this as I don't think he is skilled enough to contribute at all on the offensive end. Collins, and even Ware, are further ahead in their offensive game than he is. He could be a menace on the defensive end, but who's minutes will he take? Unless Cal is going to play Collins primarily at the 4, I guess he could split back up C minutes with Ware.
Honestly, and I'm not comparing, but AD's contributions for the 12 team was 70% + defense.

Reactions: MWes11
Eeeeasy now. That would be insanely awesome but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. That hasn’t happened for anyone since Donovan and UF in 2006 and 2007. Let’s start with one.
In today's environment that has zero chance of happening. Those kids did that for the university and history. What was it like three if those kids were from rich families?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT