ADVERTISEMENT

Kids starting to pull out of the draft. Clayton back to Florida

That’s what it was. I salute you sir
We need more people who do what you do
Thanks, Bkocats. The burnout is all too real for me, though. I can say I have a healthy respect for human limitations now, or more particularly, my limitations. Pointing people to solutions looks wildly different than being their solution, and I had to learn that the hard way. The good news is that I've learned it.

I have two full time jobs. I'm a teacher but also I work with the addiction recovery community. I'm taking a break from the latter this summer. A much needed one at that.
I have talked to many different counselors over my years in recovery, a lot of them needed a break. Some get so invested in their work it takes a huge toll especially when people they work with ended up dying. I totally understand why you need one, plus some addicts are hard to work with period.

• Love
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Cam Christie just announced he is staying in the draft
Loved this guy and told my friend about him during the year. He flew up to visit me after surgery and went and saw Christie and he was on the "list" of must gets if he got to the Portal. People were aware of him at UK. Told a few people about him back in December and think he'll be sneaking into the Lottery or mid teens of this Draft by time workouts are over.

Karaban back to Uconn.
This one surprised me and really makes them tougher than expected going into '25 season. Thought he'd stay in the Draft--he's already graduated, won back to back.....that gives Hurley a real shot at making a run at the Final Four/3peat.

Reactions: UK67KU59
Two of Florida Gators basketball’s top players from the 2023-24 season, who had collegiate eligibility still remaining, decided to try their hands at becoming professionals last month. Both of them have decided to return to the program in what will be a huge boon for head coach Todd Golden.

Just days after Will Richard decided that he will play his senior season with the Gators, fellow junior guard Walter Clayton Jr. has chosen to do the same, according to multiple reports. Clayton tested the draft waters but, like Richard, was not invited to the 2024 NBA Combine.

I was really, really wanting the Florida coach too.

This one surprised me and really makes them tougher than expected going into '25 season. Thought he'd stay in the Draft--he's already graduated, won back to back.....that gives Hurley a real shot at making a run at the Final Four/3peat.
Yup. Dangit.

Yup. Dangit.
UConn to me is the necessary "villain" until Duke exits a Tournament. LOL

I always need them in the NCAA's until Duke exits because I know they own Duke. (they also owned Cal and that goes back to pre UK days when he was at UMass/Memphis)

This tough guy talk from Scheyer who is now trying to act like Dan Hurley and talk like him has annoyed me. With Duke-doesn't take much. Grant Hill was up to the usual tricks at Team USA Tryouts last weekend too. Scheyer being involved...making sure he got to work with guys he's recruiting hard for '25 class......their monopoly over the sport continues to grow--I hadn't realized Austin Rivers now works for ESPN.....how many of the Dookies are needed to talk about Basketball? The thought that Los Angeles Lakers (my favorite NBA team) may hire JJ Redick sickens me knowing Sam Cassell and Chris Quinn are available but sucking up to Silver and his Dook BS may be the only path you can take to have a chance. LOL

Reactions: Smashcat
Loved this guy and told my friend about him during the year. He flew up to visit me after surgery and went and saw Christie and he was on the "list" of must gets if he got to the Portal. People were aware of him at UK. Told a few people about him back in December and think he'll be sneaking into the Lottery or mid teens of this Draft by time workouts are over.
I watched about 10-15 full games of Minnesota last year and watched Christie specifically. You could tell a big jump was coming based on some of the reads and stuff he was doing in 1 year. Would have loved to have him at Kentucky. Personally I’m fine with getting poplar if Robinson price from byu is true. Also like Cedric coward from eku and will Riley

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
I watched about 10-15 full games of Minnesota last year and watched Christie specifically. You could tell a big jump was coming based on some of the reads and stuff he was doing in 1 year. Would have loved to have him at Kentucky. Personally I’m fine with getting poplar if Robinson price from byu is true. Also like Cedric coward from eku and will Riley
He's fantastic. Think they overrated Max coming out of HS and underrated Cam. Max did very well in offseason and little chances "Pockets" Ham gave him--but Cam has more upside to me because he's an elite shooter/shot maker. Once he masters his game off the dribble-he'll be a damn near impossible cover. Was praying he'd hit the Portal because there was some work done behind scenes....but this is what I expected and was hearing from people close to MN program all along. They can take this loss-losing Payne to A&M (he'll help the Aggies big time) and PG to Texas Tech was a tough blow for Gophers program.

BYU has a ton of $. I think average fan doesn't realize they have enough to outbid most teams in the country. The reason they don't is what we've discussed prior-the Faith contract you sign which limits what you can do unless you are married. But they aren't being reckless they are up for business and hired a hot NBA name/Assistant and he's selling how he can help Robinson's development and using Booker/Beal/Allen's names among others.

I'm very pleased with UK roster but want to see 1 big time talent added be it Robinson, Riley, or Poplar. Don't know as much about Cedric Coward from EKU but will trust your take and look him up--there are kids who can play everywhere--but I'd be lying if I told you I've seen everyone play. LOL

He will graduate next spring not this past spring-is what he just told Goodman.

He's fantastic. Think they overrated Max coming out of HS and underrated Cam. Max did very well in offseason and little chances "Pockets" Ham gave him--but Cam has more upside to me because he's an elite shooter/shot maker. Once he masters his game off the dribble-he'll be a damn near impossible cover. Was praying he'd hit the Portal because there was some work done behind scenes....but this is what I expected and was hearing from people close to MN program all along. They can take this loss-losing Payne to A&M (he'll help the Aggies big time) and PG to Texas Tech was a tough blow for Gophers program.

BYU has a ton of $. I think average fan doesn't realize they have enough to outbid most teams in the country. The reason they don't is what we've discussed prior-the Faith contract you sign which limits what you can do unless you are married. But they aren't being reckless they are up for business and hired a hot NBA name/Assistant and he's selling how he can help Robinson's development and using Booker/Beal/Allen's names among others.

I'm very pleased with UK roster but want to see 1 big time talent added be it Robinson, Riley, or Poplar. Don't know as much about Cedric Coward from EKU but will trust your take and look him up--there are kids who can play everywhere--but I'd be lying if I told you I've seen everyone play. LOL
Coward is eastern Washington I don’t know why it autocorrected to eku for. But I agree on Christie, selfishly I hope okc gets him. They need shooters and with SGA’s playmaking that would be a good spot. I like Robinson, but 2 million is the rumor for what byu may offer. Thats ridiculous. I fell like they could get Riley, poplar or coward for a lot cheaper than that.

Coward is eastern Washington I don’t know why it autocorrected to eku for. But I agree on Christie, selfishly I hope okc gets him. They need shooters and with SGA’s playmaking that would be a good spot. I like Robinson, but 2 million is the rumor for what byu may offer. Thats ridiculous. I fell like they could get Riley, poplar or coward for a lot cheaper than that.
Okay-well that still applies for me having to look him up as I'm not familiar with him but appreciate passing him on.

OKC and the Boy Genius Presti need to start turning those picks into frontline NBA players or they'll miss their window to "run the league". I love SGA but rest of that roster is not elite--Holmgren is going to be good but that frame......going to be hard to be impactful as face up guy strictly and too many similar players who Presti gets sucked off for drafting and aren't really that impactful (Giddey was talked about as some genius pick and now they can't play him because he's a non shooter).

I never buy the amount-I'm sure it's more than others are offering but the $ rumors help the agents get more clients in the future. If he stays at BYU--can respect that and understand. If he were to go elsewhere and not UK-that would be a tough blow.

Okay-well that still applies for me having to look him up as I'm not familiar with him but appreciate passing him on.

OKC and the Boy Genius Presti need to start turning those picks into frontline NBA players or they'll miss their window to "run the league". I love SGA but rest of that roster is not elite--Holmgren is going to be good but that frame......going to be hard to be impactful as face up guy strictly and too many similar players who Presti gets sucked off for drafting and aren't really that impactful (Giddey was talked about as some genius pick and now they can't play him because he's a non shooter).

I never buy the amount-I'm sure it's more than others are offering but the $ rumors help the agents get more clients in the future. If he stays at BYU--can respect that and understand. If he were to go elsewhere and not UK-that would be a tough blow.
It's going to be a tough blow either way because Pope can't seem to close on a top player. It's really a concern.

Okc passing on Jalen duren to take Ousmane Dieng will forever make me mad. I have wanted Markkannen on okc for a while now, it’s makes to much sense from a basketball standpoint. With Robinson the numbers probabaly are being exaggerated, like they all are, but the market is crazy.

It's going to be a tough blow either way because Pope can't seem to close on a top player. It's really a concern.
I think Pope's closed on some top guys--Amari Williams was highly coveted in the Portal. So was Andrew Carr. Duke wanted Lamont Butler after Roach left.

I'm going to give him and his staff a chance over the next year to see how they recruit the HS guys too. Think he's targeting good fits as well as good players and this year he'll get a bit of a pass due to the timing but if he were to land a Will Riley and get him to reclass-that's a big time get.

Robinson would be great--I also loved the addition of Collin Chandler. Those are the only 2 BYU guys I wanted and he's 1 for 1 with the other guy still out there (we'll find out what he does sometime soon)

Okc passing on Jalen duren to take Ousmane Dieng will forever make me mad. I have wanted Markkannen on okc for a while now, it’s makes to much sense from a basketball standpoint. With Robinson the numbers probabaly are being exaggerated, like they all are, but the market is crazy.
OKC has some "cutesy" people working with Presti now too. They'll need to be ignored and listen to the Basketball people. That was a **** show taking Dieng over Duren.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I think Pope's closed on some top guys--Amari Williams was highly coveted in the Portal. So was Andrew Carr. Duke wanted Lamont Butler after Roach left.

I'm going to give him and his staff a chance over the next year to see how they recruit the HS guys too. Think he's targeting good fits as well as good players and this year he'll get a bit of a pass due to the timing but if he were to land a Will Riley and get him to reclass-that's a big time get.

Robinson would be great--I also loved the addition of Collin Chandler. Those are the only 2 BYU guys I wanted and he's 1 for 1 with the other guy still out there (we'll find out what he does sometime soon)
it's hilarious that people with valid concerns have to put up with people like you who are more comfortable telling yourself lies. I don't understand how you and you keep up the facade. So many people are expressing concerns and it doesn't even slightly occur to you you are in denial. All it takes for me is one person with a different opinion to question my beliefs. The truth will set you free. Ever heard that before?

it's hilarious that people with valid concerns have to put up with people like you who are more comfortable telling yourself lies. I don't understand how you and you keep up the facade. So many people are expressing concerns and it doesn't even slightly occur to you you are in denial. All it takes for me is one person with a different opinion to question my beliefs. The truth will set you free. Ever heard that before?
What are we talking about?

I was responding to someone and being positive about what I think Pope's done so far. Didn't say he'd be winning a National Championship next year or anything. Guess I don't see what was so upsetting about my post. LOL

You are such a moron. Why don’t you just go to the Arkansas site and root for your boy. Just get out of here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT