ADVERTISEMENT

Kids starting to pull out of the draft. Clayton back to Florida

Butler, Brea and Carr still have to remove their names as well. Williams is removing his.

Those 3 plus Robinson and maybe a reclass or Wooga. That will finish our class out.
BYU media and fans are starting to become more confident Robinson comes back to BYU

• Wow
Reactions: track42
BBN is teetering right now when it comes to buying into UK's roster next year. Robinson would change that, obviously. He becomes the guy that ignites a little hope as the final piece to a decent team.

I'd still like us to close with Poplar and Robinson. I don't think we'll beat Alabama or Calipari for Riley this summer.
They aren’t getting both poplar and Robinson. They just aren’t. They may not even get one. I’m still hopeful they get one.

They did, and their people are confident they get Robinson as well
Random schools with deep pockets can pop up in this era. This kid cost over 2 mill based on logical guessing and reporting. I think it was a 600k buyout from the international club alone nevertheless the actual money to give to the kid.

I’ll assume Jaxson is at least over a mill and probably closer to 1.5 due to demand and timing. Thinking of a lower tier B12 team paying 3.5M plus for 2 players is a true sign of different times.

Random schools with deep pockets can pop up in this era. This kid cost over 2 mill based on logical guessing and reporting. I think it was a 600k buyout from the international club alone nevertheless the actual money to give to the kid.

I’ll assume Jaxson is at least over a mill and probably closer to 1.5 due to demand and timing. Thinking of a lower tier B12 team paying 3.5M plus for 2 players is a true sign of different times.
I’ve heard rumors Jaxson already has an NIL agreement with UK if he leaves the draft. So who knows.

They aren’t getting both poplar and Robinson. They just aren’t. They may not even get one. I’m still hopeful they get one.
Do you think UK has a chance at both Riley and Robinson? A whole bunch of people do.

What's the difference?

I'll stay away from definitives at this point, especially since UK's own coaching staff said they'd still like to add two more.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They aren't kids. People their age are off fighting in wars and sleeping in the desert.
Since most are close to the age of my 21 yo kid (Senior @ UK), I refuse to not refer to them as kids as then I would have to admit my own kid is not a kid (but only my kid). In doing so I would then have to admit that I am old. I get your logic and it is supported, but they are kids to me!

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
BBN is teetering right now when it comes to buying into UK's roster next year. Robinson would change that, obviously. He becomes the guy that ignites a little hope as the final piece to a decent team.

I'd still like us to close with Poplar and Robinson. I don't think we'll beat Alabama or Calipari for Riley this summer.

Nah, next year is a no pressure fun year. No more Cal and his nonsense, fun and uptempo new style to watch, actually being able to listen to a press conference without gagging, etc. Just enjoy a breath of fresh air. Hand wringing and getting nervous about next is pure lunacy imo. The definition of the fanatical fringe.

They aren't kids. People their age are off fighting in wars and sleeping in the desert.
I have no bone in this fight but this made me think about the kids that live in those countries fighting in wars and sleeping in the desert at 11-12 years old and earlier.

Nah, next year is a no pressure fun year. No more Cal and his nonsense, fun and uptempo new style to watch, actually being able to listen to a press conference without gagging, etc. Just enjoy a breath of fresh air. Hand wringing and getting nervous about next is pure lunacy imo. The definition of the fanatical fringe.
I've long contended that next year is a stop gap season in my eyes.

No hand wringing from me. I'm not sure how "not buying into next year's roster" is the equivalent of fanatical fringe lunacy when it comes to interpreting what I just wrote, but you do you, man.

Since most are close to the age of my 21 yo kid (Senior @ UK), I refuse to not refer to them as kids as then I would have to admit my own kid is not a kid (but only my kid). In doing so I would then have to admit that I am old. I get your logic and it is supported, but they are kids to me!
That's fair, I have no issue with that actually. I'm mainly just pointing out that they are old enough to deal with criticism, accountability, and expectations. My gripe is when you point out anything, some people will say, "well they are just kids!" That's when I say, ummm, no they aren't actually. They are young adults.

Reactions: susan2361
I've long contended that next year is a stop gap season in my eyes.

No hand wringing from me. I'm not sure how "not buying into next year's roster" is the equivalent of fanatical fringe lunacy when it comes to interpreting what I just wrote, but you do you, man.

Not directed specifically at you, just a general statement

Are you saying Perry and Noah are kids and Amari is a man??
I'm saying none of them are kids, but I could see someone making the case for recent high school graduates being youthful young men, worthy of cutting a lot of slack to for their decision making.

I'm saying none of them are kids, but I could see someone making the case for recent high school graduates being youthful young men, worthy of cutting a lot of slack to for their decision making.

We will agree to disagree, Saul or is it Paul? 😃

Please, someone get my reference there? 😂

That's fair, I have no issue with that actually. I'm mainly just pointing out that they are old enough to deal with criticism, accountability, and expectations. My gripe is when you point out anything, some people will say, "well they are just kids!" That's when I say, ummm, no they aren't actually. They are young adults.
I completely agree! In the case of the young men we discuss here, they are young adults with big bank accounts (or soon to be), handlers, agents, and in some cases parasites hanging on.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
If he goes to byu this place will burn
And rightfully so. You don't coach a kid into draftability, take the Kentucky job that needs a scorer, only to lose that same kid and destined scorer to a coach he's never played for, at the lesser school you just left.

Robinson to BYU would be inexcusable. Thankfully, it's not going to happen. It's either UK or NBA for this kid. The BYU smoke is nonsense.

Reactions: klambert6
Do you think UK has a chance at both Riley and Robinson? A whole bunch of people do.

What's the difference?

I'll stay away from definitives at this point, especially since UK's own coaching staff said they'd still like to add two more.
I’m in being honest with myself no I don’t think they get Riley and Robinson. I would like for it to happen but I don’t see it happening. The difference is Robinson and poplar are 2 guys who have one shot left to prove themselves and are wanting to go to places to get touches and showcase that. I don’t see Kentucky being the spot for both of them to do that

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT