ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to winning the Kansas game what are your thoughts?

I used to look so forward to tonight. Not anymore. I will be asleep by tip off. 3 AM comes early.

Cal has taken my joyI used to look so forward to tonight. Not anymore. I will be asleep by tip off. 3 AM comes early!

Mine too!
Izzo put a coaching clinic all over Cal last year. And who can forget the Zion Duke team smashing us.

Cal probably asked Quaintance to move up his announcement in anticipation of getting smashed again tonight. Trying to do damage control beforehand.

Last edited:
Not letting an opposing FAN, start the game thread... Can't do that, then, no hope.... jmusao

Reactions: Kycatspaws
Going to be tough lacking size down low. Probably playing small ball, up tempo. Need to shoot 20-30 3s and make a good %. Limit turnovers. Make FTs. Force the Cheathawks to make the tough shots.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Damn there is quite a bit of doom & gloom about this game. Is Kansas that damn good or is it just the matchup because of their center?

This game means absolutely nothing aside from exposing, identifying, and fixing issues for when it counts.
We beat them in 2022.

If Kansas makes us play a deliberate half-court offense, it's going to be a long night unless our guards are shooting really well and can generate steals. We have better players. They have better coaching and a large man to bully us inside. I do not feel good about this game at all. Hope I'm wrong.

Rumor is that Bill Self has been working on a new sideline dance for tonight!

self-electric-slide-Jayhawks3.gif

Tempo, tempo, tempo. We need a track meet.

Our guards can pressure their PG into several turnovers for easy buckets.

When in half court, PnR Dickenson multiple times per possession. Get him 1-1 with Edwards or a guard and drive right at him to get some fouls.

On D. Not sure if you double Dickenson or let him go for 20-30 and make the other beat you. Their PG and on of the wings (Adams I think) are not scorers. You can double off of them but HAVE to stay home on McCullars.
Track meet plan not working out so well.

G
I think Cal is going to have to do some in-game, reactionary coaching. And that’s not good.

If Wagner isn’t it - and that’s clear in the first few minutes - sit him. Same goes for Edwards. In a game like this, I am only confident in Reeves, Thiero, Mitchell, and Shepherd (just doesn’t get rattled). If those four are solid, Cal needs to just play them with one of Wagner, Edwards, or Dilly.

Honestly, I think Wagner and Dilly may try to do too much and Edwards is too soft for this game. If one of them proves me wrong, we have a shot.
@gharding07

You still laughing at this take bro? Seems legit. Not getting Edwards and Wagner the hell out of there earlier in this game has been costly. Shepherd, Dilly, Thiero give us better chance to win than those dudes - and selfish Reeves at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: gharding07
G

@gharding07

You still laughing at this take bro? Seems legit. Not getting Edwards and Wagner the hell out of there earlier in this game has been costly. Shepherd, Dilly, Thiero give us better chance to win than those dudes - and selfish Reeves at this point.
Man I feel bad for you. You're so miserable.

Track meet plan not working out so well.
Posted that one too early sir. Track meet worked out really well.

The Shep rest times in the second half killed us. I think it was almost a 20 point swing when he came out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT