ADVERTISEMENT

Karl Towns and Randle Swap

Got to wonder if the Knicks would have made this trade if Robinson weren’t hurt. Sad to see diVicenzo go.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yep. And it put too much of a load on Randle so he’d always end up hurt as well. Ended up with an either or front court. Can’t win like that.
Randle will benefit with Gobert but the problem is he is the worst offensive player in the league probably. At least he will get to play his natural position again. Gonna watch a lot of T wolves games with Dilly and him.

I suppose Mikal Bridges with the Knicks now made DiVincinzo expendable. Brunson, Slide Josh Hart over to SG, Bridges, OG & KAT for the starting 5. T'Wolves now with Edwards, Conley, Dillingham & DiVincinzo in their backcourt.

That's kind of my feeling. Adding Mikal was great, but it did kind of concentrate the talent into a small ball lineup. And with losing Hartenstein at center, it really left the Knicks thin in the front court.

I'm glad with this trade on the surface. But my issue is that I'm just not sure KAT is that type of "dude" to play with these fiesty Knicks. KAT is also seemingly trying to play less Center and more PF, as he's averaged almost 6 three point attempts per game last few seasons. That's not really what the Knicks need. They need a competent top15-20 big man.

Hope this isn't the Knicks becoming desperate. But, they probably do need to take a big swing here if they want to truly compete for a title.

Reactions: chroix
I really wish Calpari had closed the deal by bringing Edwards to Lexington years ago. An absolute killer.

Gonna be fun watching Dilly and Randle teaming up with him.

Reactions: chroix
That’s crazy, the Knicks are sending DiVincinzo too.
I literally LOL'd when I saw they shipped DDV outta NY. He's a good player, and I give him props for his grit, but dude is such a punk. Dude probably thought he was gonna retire in NYC. This made some Pacers fans chuckle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT