ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Kevin Knox....

If Bamba and Johnson are smart they will find a way to go pro or D-Leaue instead of wasting a year in college when they could be earning money.
Knox will sign with Duke. Any rational person can see that UNC is (finally) at high risk of major sanctions. Duke offers plenty of playing time on a reasonably talented team.

I have to believe that impending probation, even for a one and done has to hurt UNC.

If people recruiting against UNC haven't convinced Knox of that, they aren't doing their job.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Knox only comes into play if Diallo has lied to the entire staff and aborted all of his plans to declare early to see what he needs to work on the most. That was the plan from day 1.

Nothing has changed there, but I guess if HD has caught everyone off and gone "rogue", Calipari will go full bore at Knox with a starting spot at the 2 in hand.

I find that very unlikely.

Still on track to see Green, SGA, Diallo, Baker, Johnson, Vanderbilt, WG, Richards, Washington, Bamba, and SKJ unless something unexpected happens.

That's 9 5* players and most likely the #1 graduate transfer in college basketball. One of the most talented teams from top to bottom I have ever seen. No weaknesses. Positionless. #1 preseason and the best chance by far at being #1 postseason with how down college basketball is down next year while we will be UP. WAY UP.

No need to panic yet.

In my completely worthless opinion, as always.

This is certainly what I'm hoping for. I want to believe!

I've heard that if it was solely up to Knox he'd pick UK. He loves Cal, trusts in his process and understands that it's his best pathway to the NBA. Plus, being able to play with all his friends for a year is icing on the cake for him. BUT............the same circle of people circulating those rumors claim that Knox's dad really really really likes Puke. Maybe this will be the one instance in which we actually win out in a scenario like this and Knox will pick UK.

Roughly a month ago I posted that I felt we would get Baker within a week or so from my post, that Johnson would committ around 05/01 and that Bamba would committ shortly after 05/25. As we all know Baker's on board and most seem to think that Bamba's in the bag too. I still think that Johnson is ours for the taking, but I'm not so sure that Knox is completely off the table like most here seem to think. In the end it might come down to who pulls the trigger first between Johnson and Knox. As usual, in Cal I trust!

Go Big Blue!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brando Mac
I am cautiously optimistic as well. If doesn't come then feels likely Johnson will. We add Bamba and regardless of what Diallo does we will compete for number 9 next year.
Green/Alexander
Johnson/baker
Vando/Johnson
Washington/Gabriel
Bamba/Richards/jones
Optimism is good. I watched the Canadian kid in the game between the US and World teams and was surprised by his play. If the California kid is as good a shooter as advertised the guard position may be very young, but good. Fox and Monk were pretty good freshman guards.

I would love for UK to get Knox but my opinion I think he will play in the ACC. Puke or Fla. St. one of the two.

He's not half the player Tatum is. Didn't do much with him.
He's maybe 40% of the player on O but from what I've read, may be a solid defender. If he thinks he's the next Tatum, I hope he goes to FSU. Cal is able to manage that type of delusion, I don't think K can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT