ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Kevin Knox....

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
PowerMizzou.com (Rivals.com Missouri site) publisher Gabe DeArmond tweets that he's hearing from multiple sources that Knox will not be going to Mizzou. He has really good connections so you can all but take it to the bank I'd say.

Reactions: UKvisitor
Pick your poison I guess.If the Cheaters guys stay in the draft I hope he goes there.I think Duke would be more dangerous with him.

Pick your poison I guess.If the Cheaters guys stay in the draft I hope he goes there.I think Duke would be more dangerous with him.
He's not half the player Tatum is. Didn't do much with him.

I am cautiously optimistic as well. If doesn't come then feels likely Johnson will. We add Bamba and regardless of what Diallo does we will compete for number 9 next year.
Green/Alexander
Johnson/baker
Vando/Johnson
Washington/Gabriel
Bamba/Richards/jones

Bamba is more important to #9 and I believe he will be a cat. Knox would just be an amazing job by Cal.

But I'm still not sold Diallo isn't back.

Reactions: Brando Mac
It's not UK and it's not FSU.

So, UNC or Duke.

I'd rather him go to UNC. Hopefully those other dudes stay in the draft. if you add him to Duke's returners and their recruiting class (likely adding Duval as well) then they are pre-season #1.

I'd rather not give Coach K too many chances with that kind of talent. He's not going to fail twice in a row.

Bamba is more important to #9 and I believe he will be a cat. Knox would just be an amazing job by Cal.

But I'm still not sold Diallo isn't back.
I didn't think Bam was coming back, and after reading Diallo's tweet, I don't think there's a chance in hell he's coming back.

In fact, if anyone wants to wager on that, I'll accept.....btw, the luck I've had lately on the horses, someone would probably be smart to take me up on the offer.:smiley:

Knox would be a great addition. Not sure why some posters don't want him.
Not about not wanting him, some of us have just been able to see from day one that Kentucky was never a real option for the kid. Sure, he went through the motions because why wouldn't you take a look at Kentucky, but we were always late to the party on this one and the Carolina schools had him locked in from the get go.

We need Cam Johnson and Bamba or we're in trouble next year, get those two and at the very least we'll have every piece you could ask for. That's taking Diallo potentially being gone into consideration as well.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Not about not wanting him, some of us have just been able to see from day one that Kentucky was never a real option for the kid. Sure, he went through the motions because why wouldn't you take a look at Kentucky, but we were always late to the party on this one and the Carolina schools had him locked in from the get go.

We need Cam Johnson and Bamba or we're in trouble next year, get those two and at the very least we'll have every piece you could ask for. That's taking Diallo potentially being gone into consideration as well.
I agree 100% with you. If we miss on both Johnson and Bamba, it could be a rough season by UK standards.

Reactions: crpoore

So, UNC or Duke.

I'd rather him go to UNC. Hopefully those other dudes stay in the draft. if you add him to Duke's returners and their recruiting class (likely adding Duval as well) then they are pre-season #1.

I'd rather not give Coach K too many chances with that kind of talent. He's not going to fail twice in a row.

It's not UNC. It's either Duke, FSU, or UK, in that order in my opinion. Smart money is Duke

I agree 100% with you. If we miss on both Johnson and Bamba, it could be a rough season by UK standards.
Without Johnson and Bamba, Kentucky will still be at worst a top 10 team if Vanderbilt is healthy and Diallo stays (likely). But if Diallo jumps, could be too many holes on our roster for anything better than top 25 team.

Without Johnson and Bamba, Kentucky will still be at worst a top 10 team if Vanderbilt is healthy and Diallo stays (likely). But if Diallo jumps, could be too many holes on our roster for anything better than top 25 team.
I just don't see Diallo coming back. I really don't.
Hope I'm wrong. The good news is, I'm wrong a lot.

Reactions: crpoore
Knox only comes into play if Diallo has lied to the entire staff and aborted all of his plans to declare early to see what he needs to work on the most. That was the plan from day 1.

Nothing has changed there, but I guess if HD has caught everyone off and gone "rogue", Calipari will go full bore at Knox with a starting spot at the 2 in hand.

I find that very unlikely.

Still on track to see Green, SGA, Diallo, Baker, Johnson, Vanderbilt, WG, Richards, Washington, Bamba, and SKJ unless something unexpected happens.

That's 9 5* players and most likely the #1 graduate transfer in college basketball. One of the most talented teams from top to bottom I have ever seen. No weaknesses. Positionless. #1 preseason and the best chance by far at being #1 postseason with how down college basketball is down next year while we will be UP. WAY UP.

No need to panic yet.

In my completely worthless opinion, as always.

I'm guessing there's some qualifiers you're thinking of that you left out, because, taken literally, that's, ummmm..,..really not true. K has "failed" plenty of times, however you want to define failed...

Reactions: brianpoe

So, UNC or Duke.

You could be right but do you have some inside info that's telling you it's not UK or FSU or is this your opinion? Cause if it's just you're opinion then you need to say "I don't think it's going to be UK or FSU". I think we're on outside looking in for Knox but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong and so could you, unless of course you have inside info. Care to share?

You could be right but do you have some inside info that's telling you it's not UK or FSU or is this your opinion? Cause if it's just you're opinion then you need to say "I don't think it's going to be UK or FSU". I think we're on outside looking in for Knox but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong and so could you, unless of course you have inside info. Care to share?
We're at 9% on the crystal ball and 1 of the 2 guys that chose UK is a UK guy. Your call whether their sources are good or not.

We're at 9% on the crystal ball and 1 of the 2 guys that chose UK is a UK guy. Your call whether their sources are good or not.

I could care less about that crystal ball crap. I've never looked at it. I laughed the first time I heard about that. Those guys change their opinions more than I change my underwear (which is once or twice a day). I don't think we get Knox but I don't know with 100% certainty that I'm right and when I see someone make a statement that's with 100% certainty I just like to know what makes them that certain. I'm on this board and others quite a bit and I've read nothing that says with 100% certainty that he's not coming to UK or anywhere else.

I could care less about that crystal ball crap. I've never looked at it. I laughed the first time I heard about that. Those guys change their opinions more than I change my underwear (which is once or twice a day). I don't think we get Knox but I don't know with 100% certainty that I'm right and when I see someone make a statement that's with 100% certainty I just like to know what makes them that certain. I'm on this board and others quite a bit and I've read nothing that says with 100% certainty that he's not coming to UK or anywhere else.
Of course they are predictions. I don't think Knox really knows yet where he is going. I personally think it's an ACC school.

Reactions: spotter34
He will go to Duke and hone his skills practicing against whatever lacrosse player wins the tryout to fill out their bench.

The only way Knox is Kentucky bound is due to HD surprising EVERYONE and deciding to stay in a loaded draft where he will be lucky to be drafted at all than test the waters as everyone assumed from day 1 and come back to lead Kentucky next season.

It's not going to happen.

HD will not stay in the draft.

Johnson and Bamba are Kentucky bound.

All is on schedule for Calipari to build an absolutely LOADED team for next season.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

ADVERTISEMENT