ADVERTISEMENT

Keshad Johnson visiting Kentucky today

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Anyone can tweet ANYTHING!
But if true, makes one question if he is really as was described, a young man who wants to compete and win. Not that he couldn't do those things at Zona, but that IF he "is intimidated" that would be a red flag on him.

But it seems like at least half the "it's definite" stuff tweeted (in general) turns out to be false.

Another player that doesn't want to compete. Shocking.

This is why Barnie not allowing UK to use NIL like other schools hurts. We need to promise these guys things to get them to be a 7th or 8th man as most transfer to start.

Reactions: Fox2monk

This is why Barnie not allowing UK to use NIL like other schools hurts. We need to promise these guys things to get them to be a 7th or 8th man as most transfer to start.
Maybe we should hire hookers who squirt to the ceiling and have fake AFAM classes like other schools too.

Good players who are in the transfer portsl are looking for more playing time. We have our starting 5 so it doesn't surprise me that a player like him would not want to come to UK to play less minutes than he did at SDSU...

• Haha
Reactions: bookerfan66
Reeves was 1-15.....our best shooter was 1-15 and the only basket was at the end of the game after it was decided. We lost by 6.

The whole "Cal sucks, can't coach offense" stuff is gibberish. Players play the damn games. The coach isn't responsible for every single loss unless you call yourself a goony or some other lame, immature name. lmao.
how do you continually back this used car salesman......everyone that knows the game has stated that ccc is way behind the curve the ways today's game is played. Shooting, speed, quickness is the name of the game. Not twin towers. Yet this clown flounders around like a fish out of water with very limited outside shooting from the guard or forward spots and a center that is also limited in scoring. One style of offense & one style of defense with no in game adjustments or even an inbounds play designed to score.

But they will go to Arizona, duke, UConn, and Arkansas to play the exact same role they would play at Kentucky
plain and simple, it has to be the coach & style of play.

Arizona & Duke are loaded, but they keep recruiting & adding talent, while UK stands pat & waits and will basically be playing an entire freshman starting lineup with another off the bench that is basically a freshman.

Just so disappointing to see a once proud program sinking in quick sand

Makes zero sense. Keshad played in the title game and is a veteran player, there is no chance he's intimidated.

Furthermore, it's not like Arizona is void of talent, they have just as many dudes.

Makes zero sense. Keshad played in the title game and is a veteran player, there is no chance he's intimidated.

Furthermore, it's not like Arizona is void of talent, they have just as many dudes.

Sort of. It's likely Tubelis stays in the draft so there is a hole at PF for them to start.

The only thing Johnson was intimidated by was Cal telling him there was ZERO chance he was starting! This grown ass man ain’t intimidated by some wet behind the ears freshmen!

Cal has promised his starting 5, and it’s going to backfire and blow up in his face! UK rolls with 7, and it’s NIT, which none of the freshmen will ever want to participate in.

Cal seems content with going out in disgrace.

How do you know he's intimidated by competition? Maybe he just likes Arizona more and realizes the Kentucky sell is overrated.

The fact that you compare NIL to what happened at Louisville shows me you're either trolling or you have no concept of what it takes to put together a team in the NIL ERA.
I’m comparing people wanting to break NIL rules and state law to what happened in Louisville. If you want to break the rules and law to be like everyone else why not break all the rules. Some think strippers and fake classes is what it takes to put a championship team together and that why Louisville and UNC did it. So we want to cheat in one area but not others? OK Chief.

Asking “What Would Tom Jurich Do” is no way to run an athletics program.

The only thing Johnson was intimidated by was Cal telling him there was ZERO chance he was starting! This grown ass man ain’t intimidated by some wet behind the ears freshmen!

Cal has promised his starting 5, and it’s going to backfire and blow up in his face! UK rolls with 7, and it’s NIT, which none of the freshmen will ever want to participate in.

Cal seems content with going out in disgrace.
Where did you read that Cal told him there was no chance of him starting?
I’d like to read all about that myself.
Also, that he has promised his starting 5?
Thanks.

I’m excited to see our freshman class play. I have to admit I’m worried about the rest of the roster though. With how things are now with the transfer portal, eventually some of the division 1 talent we have here in the state at the high school level may start getting scholarship offers so that we have role players that would less likely leave in the portal.

Reactions: UKortho
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT