ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs South Carolina (SEC Tournament Elimination Game)

UK must address their infield defense next year. The defense has cost them this year and it cost the pitchers lots of extra throws. Becker and Mahan have been atrocious all year. Omaha is too far to make this a special year. You have to play defense to be National elite team.

Really disappointing. Everything for which they'd lined themselves up for most of the season, they basically blew it over the last month. Pretty much guaranteed that they'll host the first weekend but have to visit UL in the Super Regional.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
It's crazy the amount of baseball experts we have on this board. We go through a tough stretch and the sky is falling. Now I remember why I quit posting on here.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
Positive thing is they can go home and regroup. Wasn't likely they win the tournament anyway. With a team that hits like they do it seems traveling for the supers may not be a death notice. If they get hot again they can beat anybody anywhere.

It's crazy the amount of baseball experts we have on this board. We go through a tough stretch and the sky is falling. Now I remember why I quit posting on here.

baseball experts? or speaking the truth.. Ill go with the latter.

it's common sense that you shouldn't lose a game where you give up 2 hits.
its common sense you shouldn't lose on a run rule when your starting pitcher gets 10k's thru 5

when you watch errors and base runner miscues happen not once but twice... than yeah it's a discussion board and we shall discuss

when one of your best hitters all yr and even in the SEC is 0-16 yeah that's concerning.

a lot of UK hitters did not perform well on the big stage, thats concerning. IS it not?

Who wants to play UL (two top 8 teams in the Super Regional) no one.

UK must address their infield defense next year. The defense has cost them this year and it cost the pitchers lots of extra throws. Becker and Mahan have been atrocious all year. Omaha is too far to make this a special year. You have to play defense to be National elite team.
The bats have hidden a lot of flaws this year and when they went south you see what happened. If we can make it to a super it will be the first time in school history, so we've just got to hope that they get to host a regional and the bats come to life.

Reactions: Kybluedude
So what made you come back "expert"?...this is an "opinion" board and until free speech is outlawed we all have a right to give one...have a great day

baseball experts? or speaking the truth.. Ill go with the latter.

it's common sense that you shouldn't lose a game where you give up 2 hits.
its common sense you shouldn't lose on a run rule when your starting pitcher gets 10k's thru 5

when you watch errors and base runner miscues happen not once but twice... than yeah it's a discussion board and we shall discuss

when one of your best hitters all yr and even in the SEC is 0-16 yeah that's concerning.

a lot of UK hitters did not perform well on the big stage, thats concerning. IS it not?

Who wants to play UL (two top 8 teams in the Super Regional) no one.
Not scared of otis at ALL!!!

Piss poor defense (3B) and base running. Also scoring 1 run in two games won't keep you around long in any tourney. Kids tightened up this week. Got to loosen up or our great season will be over with next weekend. Hope not.

Bigblue

Silver lining...... Get back home to Lexington tomorrow, been away since Wednesday of last week, first to Gainesville, then Atlanta, then Hoover. Get back to more familiar territory. Get ready to host a regional next weekend !

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Really disappointing. Everything for which they'd lined themselves up for most of the season, they basically blew it over the last month. Pretty much guaranteed that they'll host the first weekend but have to visit UL in the Super Regional.
Actually last two weeks..

Baseball is like most team sports. Momentum and confidence can come and go. This is where coaching shows up. UK needs to have a short memory of this week and regain confidence in each other and the staff. Have to play within yourself and no hero ball. Make the routine plays and make smart pitches. Give 3 outs an inning not 4 on defense. No walks. Throw strikes early and pressure batters. Focus at the plate and make contact - don't give away at bats. Smart base running- don't give away outs. Regain some swagger and remember no pressure - we are an over achieving blue collar team that was not picked to do well. Get that no respect let's have fun chip back on the shoulder!

Baseball is like most team sports. Momentum and confidence can come and go. This is where coaching shows up. UK needs to have a short memory of this week and regain confidence in each other and the staff. Have to play within yourself and no hero ball. Make the routine plays and make smart pitches. Give 3 outs an inning not 4 on defense. No walks. Throw strikes early and pressure batters. Focus at the plate and make contact - don't give away at bats. Smart base running- don't give away outs. Regain some swagger and remember no pressure - we are an over achieving blue collar team that was not picked to do well. Get that no respect let's have fun chip back on the shoulder!
Good points, especially in regards to defense and base running.

Planning on making it down from Louisville and hope the locals get out and pack the place with BLUE!!!

Reactions: Oldtrainer
Planning on making it down from Louisville and hope the locals get out and pack the place with BLUE!!!
I believe we will turn out in big numbers, they are supposed to add about 1,500 extra bleacher seats. That would put the capacity up to 4,500. I hope to get up there myself either Friday or Saturday !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT