ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs A&M

I'm expecting us to be a little tentative at first as A&M will be riding the emotion and energy of their win over Ole Miss. It'll be competitive a good chunk of the first half. We come outta halftime at warp speed and run them ragged.

Or the could beat us. Or we could blow them out from the beginning.

I'm expecting us to be a little tentative at first as A&M will be riding the emotion and energy of their win over Ole Miss. It'll be competitive a good chunk of the first half. We come outta halftime at warp speed and run them ragged.

Or the could beat us. Or we could blow them out from the beginning.
You got all bases covered here.

Yes they do. They've already beaten us and they need this game worse. Better bring our A game.
Needed overtime on their home court to do it and Big Z is available this time around. Already a game with tired legs. I'm taking the Cats. A&M won in 2016 down there and lost to Kentucky in the SEC Tournament Championship that year. Expecting another similar outcome for the Aggies in the SEC Tournament.

You got all bases covered here.
It was an attempt at a joke. But honestly you really do need to cover all bases cause you never know what version of Kentucky you're about to see. But we're getting more and more consistent.

So can Kentucky! I don't need to look at their schedule to tell you why they will be facing a much better Kentucky team this time around. They have more to lose than UK.
A win and they stamp their ncaa spot. Cal has said he dosen't care. You think the kids don't mirror their coach?

A win and they stamp their ncaa spot. Cal has said he dosen't care. You think the kids don't mirror their coach?
Whatever man, be scared. This is a waste of time and no sense arguing over something that may or may not come to fruition. One minute it's about A&M being able to play with anybody, to now Cal and the players don't care. Cal has literally made the same statement since year one here yet won 6 of these damn SEC Tournaments. May as well not watch if you think you know what the outcome is already going to be. Not going to stoop to anyone's level that wants to ruin my optimism around this team.

Last edited:
Whatever man, be scared. This is a waste of time and no sense arguing over something that may or may not come to fruition. One minute it's about A&M being able to play with anybody, to now Cal and the players don't care. Cal has literally made the same statement since year one here yet won 6 of these damn SEC Tournaments. May as well not watch if you think you know what the outcome is already going to be. Not going to stoop to anyone's level that wants to ruin my optimism around this team.

He hopes we lose. He is a very negative fan.

The thing I like most about this matchup is that there is zero chance UK will take the game for granted, given that they beat us in our only matchup. A little bit of revenge as some extra motivation doesn't hurt, either.

Same. Had we beat them already, I'd be a little worried we come out flat. I think the coaching staff is reminding them what they did to us and how they beat us, as motivation.

It will be interesting to see how we shoot after almost a week off, and in a larger venue. That's my only worry here.. coming in cold.

If the cats play defense like they did against the vawls they should win by 20. But we know these cats and how they are easy to forget simple things like defense.

I respect A&M, they play very hard, and are mentally tough. I like our revenge factor in this game.

Curly knows what awaits them, their players not so much, hustle and luck can only get you so far. This is another chance to avenge a loss to a team we should have beaten earlier, they will be just as desperate, so we have to be ready to play.

I took A&M in the prediction contest. Could see us coming out flat and not focused on defense. I hope I’m wrong tho

boys need to stretch this time. Widen that defensive stance. My prediction

The thing I like most about this matchup is that there is zero chance UK will take the game for granted, given that they beat us in our only matchup. A little bit of revenge as some extra motivation doesn't hurt, either.
Based on previous matchup and last night's game, I'd expect to see a decent amount (if not A LOT) of zone defense from A&M tonight. Our guys can cook vs M2M and some iso-situations, but a little less proven against the zone, especially a matchup one like A&M.

Obviously we have some guys that can stretch the floor, and we'll need them on the floor together, and we'll need Adou and our bigs attacking the offensive glass. Look for A&M to slow the pace a little bit and use the zone to execute that and to keep the Cats out of transition

Reactions: IL Wildcat
They drove the ball and had a lot of close basket scores. If we have learned to defend the paint, it will be fine. I like that we are playing them because this has been our defensive weakness all season against good guards. In fact, it killed us last season too against St. Peters. I guess it is Cal's design to have the paint protector. But, do we have that now? Ugo has been great in several games and not so in others with that defense. We need this practice and so a good team for us to face.

My thoughts as well. I'd rather play a team that barely beat us in OT than a team we rolled by double digits. This team plays better with a chip on their shoulder it seems.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
The longer the Cats let them hang around, the longer they will.
If Kentucky can pull away some in the second half, A&M will lose heart and the fight go out of them.

Need-4-speed-UK.gif

Not trying to ruin your optimism friend, but just trying to warn you to not think UK wins this game in a blowout. I think UK can/will most certainly win, but this isn't going an Alabama type game. #GOCATS!

Expect a very physical game. A&M literally man-handled Ole Miss last night. In one scrum two Aggies surrounded/trapped an Ole Miss player, and druing that, one of the A&M guys grabbed OMiss player around his waist and pulled him backward, causing him to fall/travel...can you guess what was called????

Kentucky needs to bring their A game today. TAMU playing for an NCAA berth and unafraid. Just as UT is finding out, there are no guarantees in this tournament. You either play your heart out or go home…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT