ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Florida (Thursday)

8 strikeouts.

Ugh... now bringing in Schaenzer. Marshall strikes out 3 and gives up a double in the heart of the Florida lineup and we then sit him down. So crazy.

I've DVR this game and going back and see how many strike pitches we have taken of Singer's...I know he's good, but this has become a ridiculous situation on the season...let you all know.

Just got back from the stadium, left in the 6th, but honestly the game was over in the top of the 3rd. Haake was the best he has been all year, and have no earthly idea why he was taken out. We did push across 2 runs in 6 innings, so if we had left him in, possibly we would still be in the game, maybe even tied.

The relievers could not be worse, was a crazy decision.

I will say that Singer is the real deal. No doubt he will be a top draft pick, anyone can see why.

I really hate that we've been uncompetitive in this game. Maybe we get to Florida's bullpen> We only batted 0.125 against Singer.

Now we are throwing the ball around. Because we aren't competitive, players are being sloppy. Did you see Johnson not backing up the throw to first that got away? Not being competitive at all in this game leads to unfocused play all around. How do they get it back?

That’s what concerns me,and what lesson Ming is trying to teach the team ,or just f..... the rest of the season up! Nothing positive to be learned from this total fiasco! This is embarrassing!!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
If this were basketball, we just let them come down the court and didn't guard the 3 pt shot at all. Turning the momentum around may be easier in baseball than basketball, but I can't see much good happening for our players from this game unless they get really mad and focused because they got stomped.

11-2. Final. Why the hell let Johnson hit right there? Runners on second and third with 2 outs and the struggling Johnson is left in and he lines out.

12 strikeouts for the game.

I will be interested to see what Ming does next weekend. He going to keep this Haake short outing going or let him roll? Are we going to get someone else on Saturday? Are we preparing him to be a bullpen guy again?

Reactions: bigbluegrog
I will be interested to see what Ming does next weekend. He going to keep this Haake short outing going or let him roll? Are we going to get someone else on Saturday? Are we preparing him to be a bullpen guy again?
If we get swept this one... next weekend wont matter .

Reactions: law1127
What the hell is he doing DH anyway.

Why not Shinn is probably the real question. Johnson is hitting .184 and Collett .118. Shinn is at .455 (although with limited at bats). We have Johnson, ARod, and Collett doing terribly.

If I didn’t know better, it would appear Ming is doing his best to lose games. It’s one thing to have a game here or there where your decisions backfire. It’s a completely different scenario to make stupid, brainless decisions over and over throughout the entire SEC schedule. He absolutely did not coach this way last year. And his players this year are total reflection of his coaching.

If you didn’t know better,you’d of thought Ming had a vendetta against his own team! This is a complete,and I mean a complete reversal of last years performance by the team and coaches. If this is how it’s going to be,there will be major changes in the coaches and players both,based on the lack of effort and stupid ass coaching. Gonna hope the season wasn’t lost here intentionally,because it sure looked that on tv!

Last edited:
Just need to flush this game tonight. We stomped USC 14-1 in the 1st game of that series, and got hammered 15-1 the next night, before winning the finale.
Going to be tough, but the Cats can still win tomorrow and Saturday, to win the series.

I just don’t understand Mingione and his coaching this year,much less not having developed better pitching in the offseason!

Just need to flush this game tonight. We stomped USC 14-1 in the 1st game of that series, and got hammered 15-1 the next night, before winning the finale.
Going to be tough, but the Cats can still win tomorrow and Saturday, to win the series.

Oddly enough, this could be better for us than beating them. Make us mad. We seem to be better under that in some ways.

Still, it's so weird how everything changed entirely for this team when SEC play hit.

Oddly enough, this could be better for us than beating them. Make us mad. We seem to be better under that in some ways.

Still, it's so weird how everything changed entirely for this team when SEC play hit.
Don't know if UK could have won this game, but NM needs to take himself out behind the barn and kick his own ass... I'm beginning to wonder if last year was a fluke for him. He did inherit a veteran team... just making too many mistakes that make no sense at all.

Dick Gabriel- Ming said “ we tried to do something different and just didn’t work out. “
Well no shit coach. That’s like a football coach trying to explain punting on first down.
Or not being able to find uncovered wr on the field...there is no way he(Ming) can explain that blunder away.

Dick Gabriel- Ming said “ we tried to do something different and just didn’t work out. “
Well no shit coach. That’s like a football coach trying to explain punting on first down.

Baseball will destroy you if you try to do things differently. They call it trying to outsmart the game. It doesn't work and it will make a manager look very bad. There is a reason they have plays that they consider to be "by the book." I like that Ming is a bit quirky and different, but at times the quirky and different borders on crazy and stupid.

Baseball will destroy you if you try to do things differently. They call it trying to outsmart the game. It doesn't work and it will make a manager look very bad. There is a reason they have plays that they consider to be "by the book." I like that Ming is a bit quirky and different, but at times the quirky and different borders on crazy and stupid.
Especially when you do it against the best team in the SEC and #1 ranked in the country.

CATS batters have been throttled versus UGA last Sunday, UofL Tuesday, and last night by Gators! Other than Brad I never heard of any of those guys!

He has to use him now in a high leverage situation in one of the remaining games or else he will look like a complete goofball...and even then, it will show he basically conceded game 1. Tough to digest.
No doubt about it, and then it still is the dumbest move I've ever seen.

Last edited:
bullpen games are usually your first couple guys going thru the batter order one time and then your late inning guys get an inning a piece...I have never seen 2 IP from the starter (unless the starter went thru the order already)...so weird.

bullpen games are usually your first couple guys going thru the batter order one time and then your late inning guys get an inning a piece...I have never seen 2 IP from the starter (unless the starter went thru the order already)...so weird.
Good point and I think the guys on tv made this point. At least let him run thru the order first. Maybe this was going to be his breakout game. If you could get inside the players heads and see what they really think about that fiasco that was created...NM went from the fans being fired up to sucking the life out of the stadium.

Good point and I think the guys on tv made this point. At least let him run thru the order first. Maybe this was going to be his breakout game. If you could get inside the players heads and see what they really think about that fiasco that was created...NM went from the fans being fired up to sucking the life out of the stadium.
It really hurt that the guy they brought in laid a complete egg...as a player, you probably get immediately pissed at the coaches for the yank (even if it was the plan)...now had the lefty recorded a couple outs, it wouldn't be so bad.

Why not Shinn is probably the real question. Johnson is hitting .184 and Collett .118. Shinn is at .455 (although with limited at bats). We have Johnson, ARod, and Collett doing terribly.[/QUOTE
TJ on the season is batting .304..10hr..34 rbi..slg% 567..OB% .413. He needs to be in the lineup!!!

I believe Haake is definitely a starter. He's got the goods. However, if you're going to say that he is better in short stints then you should have discovered that from fall practice and shouldn't ever start him. You should have a plan for who will start if someone like Thompson gets injured. So basically the explanation doesn't add up.
I'm not usually one to second guess the coaches, but last night's strategy was infuriating, especially considering the bullpen's ineffectiveness most of this season. He basically told his team that we couldn't beat Singer straight up. I almost left after the 6 run outburst but glad I stayed. I won one of the 4 throwback jerseys they gave away last night. Now I can't say I never win anything.

Comebak, Stop by and say hey tonight if you get the chance. Sec C row 5 on the end nearest the dirty Gators.

Hope you don't mind but we included some of y'alls thoughts in our story at SouthernCFB:

Good luck to Zach Haake the rest of the season. Your coach drinks a keg of stupid every time your turn in the rotation comes up. That ain’t right.

Hope you don't mind but we included some of y'alls thoughts in our story at SouthernCFB:

Good luck to Zach Haake the rest of the season. Your coach drinks a keg of stupid every time your turn in the rotation comes up. That ain’t right.
The truth is the truth. There is no phrase to describe the level of idiocy of Ming last night. He screwed over Haake, screwed his team and screwed the fans who made the trip to the stadium to provide an electric atmosphere for the team.

I'm not usually one to second guess the coaches, but last night's strategy was infuriating, especially considering the bullpen's ineffectiveness most of this season. He basically told his team that we couldn't beat Singer straight up. I almost left after the 6 run outburst but glad I stayed. I won one of the 4 throwback jerseys they gave away last night. Now I can't say I never win anything.

Comebak, Stop by and say hey tonight if you get the chance. Sec C row 5 on the end nearest the dirty Gators.

That's awesome that you won! Congrats!

ADVERTISEMENT