ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Florida (Thursday)

Did they ask him during the broadcast? What did he say? I'm just checking updates cause I'm at my wife's relatives house.

He said there was no hesitation to pull Haake. That Haake is really good in short stints and that there is a good chance that we'll see Haake again this weekend. He does not live his life second guessing decisions and has a plan and will stick with it. As for series generally, said that UK needs to get to Gators' starter.

Gators tack on another when Pompey reads a fly ball poorly and allows a runner to advance first to third, then 'Cats can't quite turn double play ball to end the inning.

What a game plan- let us concede the 1st game because Haake can't throw past 2 innings except when he shutout Bama for 7 innings. How can this team even compete in the NCAA Tournament if you only have 3 pitchers.

He said there was no hesitation to pull Haake. That Haake is really good in short stints and that there is a good chance that we'll see Haake again this weekend. He does not live his life second guessing decisions and has a plan and will stick with it. As for series generally, said that UK needs to get to Gators' starter.

Gators tack on another when Pompey reads a fly ball poorly and allows a runner to advance first to third, then 'Cats can't quite turn double play ball to end the inning.
He is a moron. An idiot. A clown. And clueless. And Ming- YOUR PLAN SUCKS.

NM says there is a lot of game to be played but we are in a 7 run hole. I like NM's optimism but no idea how this can't have some effect on the players.

NM says there is a lot of game to be played but we are in a 7 run hole. I like NM's optimism but no idea how this can't have some effect on the players.

We aren't going to battle back against Singer, who will now be able to go longer and UF can save their bullpen.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Second dumbest decision slugger the first was Henderson not starting a j Reed in the first game of the regional a few years back in Louisville

Why even start him then? Just save him for the bp!

Why ever start him is the bigger question. We should have known after fall practice that he's not going to be starting material and we should have had a plan for someone else to be a starter.

Did they ask him during the broadcast? What did he say? I'm just checking updates cause I'm at my wife's relatives house.
Yes ...said he will never second guess himself and that it was all planned so he can pitch tom or Sat...so you dont worry at all about the fanbase showing up at all tomorrow?

Yes ...said he will never second guess himself and that it was all planned so he can pitch tom or Sat...so you dont worry at all about the fanbase showing up at all tomorrow?
I fully admit that I literally know very little about baseball. But it doesn’t take baseball Einstein to have the intelligence to ride Haake’s arm until the first sign of trouble.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
We got 2 runs back. Need to take out Johnson. That's another strikeout, this one looking.

Good to see them get a few runs, but just too big of a hole to have to climb out of against Brady singer.

Yea, but in a season you need 4 or 5 starters and need to know who else has the ability to be a starter because you want to plan for them to be future starters.
Isn't that what they recruited Haak ine for? It just hasn't worked out.

Last edited:
Well, I needed to get some work done. If this were a close game, I might not even log in.

Isn't that what they recruited Hawke for? It just hasn't worked out.

I believe Haake is definitely a starter. He's got the goods. However, if you're going to say that he is better in short stints then you should have discovered that from fall practice and shouldn't ever start him. You should have a plan for who will start if someone like Thompson gets injured. So basically the explanation doesn't add up.

I fully admit that I literally know very little about baseball. But it doesn’t take baseball Einstein to have the intelligence to ride Haake’s arm until the first sign of trouble.
See you know more than you think...this was a stupid bb managing move 2.0!

Pompey with a terrible AB, took the best pitch 1st, they are going to pitch him away. Then he swings at a neck high fastball for strike 3.

I’ve said they take too many good pitches,trying to “wear” the pitcher out. Meanwhile.were making plenty of strikeouts!

Marshall is growing up pretty well. Used somewhat sparingly, but settling in some more as a young pitcher. Gave up a double, but struck out the side, including India.

Well this game is not going to improve our league worst staff ERA. We are the worst by such a big margin that difference between Tennessee's ERA and our's would span 5 teams if subtracted from Tennessee's ERA.

This game may move us past Appalachian State for 182nd in the NCAA.

Going to say this and it's going to sound stupid, but I'm not overly impressed with Fla...Mingione should be kicking his own ass.

Reactions: law1127
Our offense is batting 0.143 against Singer. We really don't seem to hit without a bunch of free base runners. Then for some reason, we can hit.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT