ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Tennessee - Sunday edition

UK pen now staffed but not working. Shinny wears one on the thigh for a one out base runner.

Kessler also wears one to put two on! Tennessee pitching coach out.

Strong swing goes on a line to the warning track for out two. Ben got into that one but just no carry out there to get over the head of center.

Dawson then lines one to center and it's shoelaced for out 3. Gah.

Crochet comes in as I was counting up the pitches for Neely. Groundout, 2 HBPs and two line outs.Running out of outs.

Replay confirmed. UK really killed the ball there. Just couldn't get it to drop.

Top of the lineup needs to hit it just as hard as 8 and 9 did and we will be in business.

Just no carry. Pomp hits another one hard and right at left for out one.

16 pitch inning by Crochet. 7 pitch inning by Lewis that included a 4 pitch walk in between a ground out and a tailor made double play ball by Leftridge.

Cottam's hit called a single with a two base error. Really? Becker gets a good squeeze bunt to score Cottam. Tied at 3.

Haake up and throwing but not ready.

Old Red, what's his pitch count?

Scratch that it is Ramsey.

Chinea hits his first home run of the season. 5-3 now.

Potential back-breaker for Cats as UT's light-hitting Chinea hits his first career HR to put Vols up 5-3 in B7. It was a two-out blast after UK came out for mound visit with starter Justin Lewis.

A 135 hitter hits his first home run against Lewis. Sheesh...

23 pitches for Crochet in the 7th. 16 pitches for Lewis. He's made a few mistake pitches this year and seems like he's paid for every one of them.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
This team makes lots of mistakes, but certainly we don't get much luck either. Sonofabitch .135 hitter hits his first career home run.

And this is after Lewis hits the previous batter after a 1-2 count

Kessler caught looking on 3 pitches. Looked like the the called third strike was right over the middle to me and well in the strike zone. May have been nerves. Aklinski check swings and geta n error on Crochet. I guess he hit a snag on that one.

Double play ends our half of the 8th.

Tennessee has had bad luck in the 9th this year. Hope we can cash in on that.

We don't look like a great hitting team lately. Dawson hits into a routine double play to end the inning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT