ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Tennessee - Sunday edition

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
Can UK ascend Rocky Top and come out on top in the series?

Hopefully, Tennessee has to go looking for that corn in a jar.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Does anyone know who is starting for UT? Strange that they have two pitchers that look like starters that haven't played yet, Will Neely and Garret Stallings. They have the most innings for the entire staff and neither has played yet. Maybe Vitello wanted to counteract Lewis with his two best starters and then come in to knit together a win with Garret Crochet.

Does anyone know who is starting for UT? Strange that they have two pitchers that look like starters that haven't played yet, Will Neely and Garret Stallings. They have the most innings for the entire staff and neither has played yet. Maybe Vitello wanted to counteract Lewis with his two best starters and then come in to knit together a win with Garret Crochet.

Will Neely.

So, two UT coaches got the boot yesterday. Can they be on the bench today? I seem to remember a rule that getting kicked out suspends you for the next game...?

Lewis K's the side. I love that start better than getting the bases loaded and nothing like we did in the top. 24 pitches for Neely to 10 pitches for Lewis. I guess that is a positive.

We could really use cam hill with aklinski struggling. Wish he hadn't gotten bit by the injury bug.

Kessler lines out. Aklinski now 0-10 in the series with a strike out. Dawson flies out. Only 11 pitches that inning. I hope we aren't letting him get in a groove.

Lipcius grounds out. Lewis makes a mistake pitch with a fastball up and Leftridge knocks it for a single. Russell flies out. Santiago grounds to 2nd. 11 pitches to 11 pitches that inning.

Cottam with a great at bat. Pompey got a 4 pitch walk. Squires got plunked. But Cottam battled eventually got it full from 0-2. He grounded out but it took 9 pitches and the runners were able to start early on the 3-2 so he moved them up.

Heyer pops out to short center. Two more runners left in scoring position when Becker caught looking at strike three.

Debacle of an inning in the bottom of the third gift wraps a 3-0 lead for the Vols.

You know Lewis has been dominating and Neely struggling through 2 1/2. Yet Mascia gets a single in a 6 pitch at bat. Chinea executes the bunt perfectly. A walk to Livingston, followed by an error by Becker and we've got the bases loaded with one out. A wild pitch by Lewis scores Maschia. Deep fly by Derkay to score Livingston. Lipcius singles to center field to score Ammons. Leftridge finally strikes out on a 9 pitch at bat and the game as turned. The only thing that counts is the scoreboard.

May have been scored a WP, but looked like Squires should have at least blocked it.

You know Lewis has been dominating and Neely struggling through 2 1/2. Yet Mascia gets a single in a 6 pitch at bat. Chinea executes the bunt perfectly. A walk to Livingston, followed by an error by Becker and we've got the bases loaded with one out. A wild pitch by Lewis scores Maschia. Deep fly by Derkay to score Livingston. Lipcius singles to center field to score Ammons. Leftridge finally strikes out on a 9 pitch at bat and the game as turned. The only thing that counts is the scoreboard.

Actually the bunt was a poor one that if we had a different strategy on would have been an out. It was practically a pop up to first, but Cottam wasn't charging.

Actually the bunt was a poor one that if we had a different strategy on would have been an out. It was practically a pop up to first, but Cottam wasn't charging.
You have to remember, I have Windstream so I miss a lot of the real action.

You have to remember, I have Windstream so I miss a lot of the real action.
Lol I know. I figured you were listening or missed it. Just thought I'd point out that it was a poor bunt and a bit of luck helped them.

3rd inning: 26 pitches for Neely, 32 for Lewis.

4th inning:10 pitches for Neely, 15 pitches for Lewis.

First and third with no outs as Dawson walks and Pompey lines to center. What will we do with it?

Coach and trainer out for Tennessee. Taping Neely it looks like. Bullpen is working for UT.

Heyer put a charge into one but right at the left fielder. Ten feet other way and it's a double and scores another run. That's our luck this year at times.

We get a run on Cottam's fly out. And who knows what happened after that. I may have to go crawling back to Spectrum. Windstream makes streaming video torture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT