ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky-Louisville Game Thread

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
lightning within 8 miles of stadium, park has been cleared, both teams sent back to their Club houses. Logan Salow to start for UK and Rogers, whom we have beat twice this year will start for the Cards.

This post was edited on 6/1 8:21 PM by TCPUKChamps

Re: Cats vs UofL delayed.....

Any chance they screw up and actually televise this game?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by UK_Is_Good:

Originally posted by NdS:

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Retweeted by Kentucky Baseball

18m

Likely to start this game after 5 pm. Game was supposed to be on ESPNU, but they make take another game instead now.
PLEASE get a difference source for here...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by sluggercatfan:

Originally posted by NdS:

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Retweeted by Kentucky Baseball

18m

Likely to start this game after 5 pm. Game was supposed to be on ESPNU, but they make take another game instead now.
PLEASE get a difference source for here...
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Yeah, I know. Kentucky baseball retweeted it though.

Just checked the louisville area weather radar.. I doubt they get this game in tonight.

Originally posted by JDEaston:
Just checked the louisville area weather radar.. I doubt they get this game in tonight.
I'll take that!!!
wink.r191677.gif

Yeah I hate that I won't be able to watch or listen to it if its postponed until tomorrow, but if it gets the team some rest I'm ok with that. If it does get postponed until tomorrow, would that mean a double header tomorrow, if of course we win the first game? Or would they push game two back a day?

Yeah I hate that I won't be able to watch or listen to it if its postponed until tomorrow, but if it gets the team some rest I'm ok with that. If it does get postponed until tomorrow, would that mean a double header tomorrow, if of course we win the first game? Or would they push game two back a day?
Will just make it a double header, but would be great if it pushed it back one more day. Then Reed might be able to pitch again if we made it to the second game.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
Will just make it a double header, but would be great if it pushed it back one more day. Then Reed might be able to pitch again if we made it to the second game.
Could you really pitch on two days rest after throwing a complete game?

This post was edited on 6/1 5:37 PM by UK_Is_Good

No, but possible on 3 days. Louisville will be looking to pitch Funkhouser tomorrow if we play tomorrow. I was saying that it would be great if we could basically get the second UK/Louisville game (if we force one) to be pushed back to Tuesday. Then we might be able to throw Reed.

By the way, the game going to tomorrow might not be good... we might end up facing Funkhouser in the first game instead of the second if they push tonight's game to tomorrow.

No, but possible on 3 days.
Well, for it to be three days rest, it would have to rain until Wednesday. Pitching tomorrow (when the game is already scheduled) would be one day of rest. If they didn't play a doubleheader tomorrow, then Tuesday would be two days rest, since Reed pitched yesterday.

Well, for it to be three days rest, it would have to rain until Wednesday. Pitching tomorrow (when the game is already scheduled) would be one day of rest. If they didn't play a doubleheader tomorrow, then Tuesday would be two days rest, since Reed pitched yesterday.
Sorry, I was counting Tuesday. haha. It is still somewhat possible, but isn't overly likely.

Sorry, I was counting Tuesday. haha. It is still somewhat possible, but isn't overly likely.
I hope they don't. I don't know the college game that well, but I know in the majors, historically pitchers throwing on short rest don't fare all that well. I would think it'd be tougher in college with guys used to pitching every seventh day (as opposed to every fifth in the pros). If UofL wants to throw their ace on short rest, I'll take my chances.

Looks like Louisville will get a decent break in the rain around 8pm.. Not sure if the NCAA will start a game that late though.

OK...Latest is that game time is set for 8:15 and game officials are saying that there is a "realistic chance" the game will be played tonight..

Three up and three down to start the game. You guys want another thread to start this or just want to do it here?

Three up and three down to start the game. You guys want another thread to start this or just want to do it here?
I'll edit thread title. Let's keep it here.

Game is on ESPNU

UK hit the ball hard against Rogers, but couldn't find a hole out there. Like how they are getting the bat on the ball though. Keep doing that and good things will happen.

Would love to see the Cats break the Cards' hearts by beating them twice in two days to go to the Supers.

Awesome!! Salow is really pitching well. He gets the first two easily and then an error by Shelby puts a runner on second, but Salow takes care of business with a strikeout to end the inning!!

Originally posted by CoachZ77:
Would love to see the Cats break the Cards' hearts by beating them twice in two days to go to the Supers.
That would be one of the sweetest things possible, but I'm going to try to take this series one pitch at a time. haha

Have the announcers mentioned louisville has good pitching yet

Ka'ai gets a nice single up the middle to start the inning before Thomas pops out to center. Storm Wilson runs the count full before being struck out. Tom was trying to advance and he got lucky that the UL catcher threw the ball away and he was able to advance safely. Bernal got hit by a pitch to put runners on first and second with two outs. Reida then popped out to the catcher on the first pitch he saw to end the threat.

Originally posted by barbourfor3:
Have the announcers mentioned louisville has good pitching yet
No, they are too busy talking about how many of their players have made all conference.
wink.r191677.gif

Not good here... Salow walked the number one hitter and then gave up a double sandwiched between an out. Salow then hits a batter to load the bases. Henderson making a mound visit, but I don't think he'll be making a change just yet. Salow then gives up a single to right to score a run. They are hitting him pretty hard now.

Only gave up one run there. Not terrible.

I think the 4th is a big inning here. Would like to hold Louisville and then go to work with the meat of the order due up.

^. Agreed. Bats need to get on track for UK...they haven't really put much pressure on Rogers yet.

I think it was a mistake for Henderson to stick with Salow here in the fourth. Louisville has hit him pretty hard so far and the more they see him the better they are going to hit him.

The end is neigh for sallow...we'll be lucky if they don't score this inning

I think it was a mistake for Henderson to stick with Salow here in the fourth. Louisville has hit him pretty hard so far and the more they see him the better they are going to hit him.
I don't mind sending him out for the 4th, but this needs to be his last inning. If he gets out of this, it's a really good job.

Salow is a magician with these DPs. Great job by the freshman. Hand it over to the pen now.

Very nice Shelby!!! Double play to end the inning once again!

Mahar and Strecker up in the pen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT