HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018

#3 Edwards
#4 Wagner
#6 Bradshaw
#15 Dillingham
#23 Sheppard

Its clear that Dillingham and Sheppard should both be top 10 as well.

This is the Real Deal Fab Five

Better than Rupp’s 5 in the late 40s, Michigan in the early 90s and better than Kentucky’s 2013 class.

This group gets UK back to the FF.

Last edited:

#3 Edwards
#4 Wagner
#6 Bradshaw
#15 Dillingham
#23 Sheppard

Better than Rupp’s 5 in the late 40s, Michigan in the early 90s and better than Kentucky’s 2013 class.

If we only had a Fab Five caliber coach

hysterical-laughter.gif

Rupp's 5 were not freshmen. So not comparable. Michigan fab 5 did it. UK has played the blue white game this fall and we are calling them the FAB 5.

This is just me (not towards anyone on this board at all or any board out there).
I will wait to think anything about this team. I will let this group take it one game at a time and have no expectations what so ever. If Cal lets our bigs play this year (might be a big if as every time he makes a statement he backs off of it, just like he has so many times in the past with players that never really play for us, or barely play for us).

I am waiting to see how we do in the exhibition game 1 first, Georgetown I think. Then we will talk about them again. Fell asleep on the blue white last night. Too long and hard of a day. I watched again this morning. Saw some good and bad out there.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
Rupp's 5 were not freshmen. So not comparable. Michigan fab 5 did it. UK has played the blue white game this fall and we are calling them the FAB 5.

This is just me (not towards anyone on this board at all or any board out there).
I will wait to think anything about this team. I will let this group take it one game at a time and have no expectations what so ever. If Cal lets our bigs play this year (might be a big if as every time he makes a statement he backs off of it, just like he has so many times in the past with players that never really play for us, or barely play for us).

I am waiting to see how we do in the exhibition game 1 first, Georgetown I think. Then we will talk about them again. Fell asleep on the blue white last night. Too long and hard of a day. I watched again this morning. Saw some good and bad out there.
What did Michigan’s Fab Five do?

UK’s Fabulous Five- the original Fab Five- won a NCAA title

Meh too difficult to compare eras. However, I will say, these 5 are a special group. Throw in Burks and Hart for good measure. That’s 7 good freshmen.
Plus we have Mitchell and hopefully Z. We have a solid SOLID group if we can STAY HEALTHY. Wrap them in bubble wrap if we have to

Reactions: grevey35
Well one of those 5 will probably never play for UK. So i guess that makes them the fab 4 who have never won a single game to date.

They won’t start together, IMHO.

If Cal starts five Freshmen any time this year, it will be with Ivisic at the 5.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this lineup:

G Wagner
G Dillingham
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Ivisic

Cal loves his length, as we all know. Two skilled 7 footers would be exactly what Cal would want on the floor at the 4 and 5. And that’s probably the quickest backcourt in the nation with Wagner and Dillingham together.

Reactions: Greatestalltime

#3 Edwards
#4 Wagner
#6 Bradshaw
#15 Dillingham
#23 Sheppard

I'm not in total agreement but I do think it could be Cal's top class.

What did Michigan’s Fab Five do?

UK’s Fabulous Five- the original Fab Five- won a NCAA title
Well the FAB FIVE was about 5 fab Freshmen. The Fiddlin Five was much better and much older than Michigan group. I did not name them the fab 5 that was all media and such. I did not think they were all that fab myself. But the 2 should never - ever be mentioned together or in the same breath. Fiddlin Five was one of the greatest teams of all time in my opinion.

Reactions: Cattrumpeter
Well the FAB FIVE was about 5 fab Freshmen. The Fiddlin Five was much better and much older than Michigan group. I did not name them the fab 5 that was all media and such. I did not think they were all that fab myself. But the 2 should never - ever be mentioned together or in the same breath. Fiddlin Five was one of the greatest teams of all time in my opinion.

The fiddling 5 was my favorite UK team of all time. Five of the top 6 players were from the state of KY. Only Ed Beck who was from Ft Valley, Ga was not a Kentuckian. Johnny Cox, Hazard; Vernon Hatton, Lexington; John Crigler, Hebron; Don Mills, Berea; Adrian Smith, Louisville area I think. They gave it 110% every game.

When the current team wins the NCAA and the Olympics, as the original fabulous five( Groza, Beard, WAh Wah, etc) did then your statement will have some credibility. Until then it is an opinion which you are entitled to have.

#3 Edwards
#4 Wagner
#6 Bradshaw
#15 Dillingham
#23 Sheppard

I'm not sure there's a chris weber level talent in that group. Maybe not even a jalen rose?

Reactions: UK-chulo
You seem to be confusing teams. The Fiddlin 5 was the 1958 team. The Fabulous Five was 1948.

You seem to be confusing teams. The Fiddlin 5 was the 1958 team. The Fabulous Five was 1948.
No. I am saying Fab Five UK not even in the same breath, but the Fiddlin Five was even better. Sorry I did not clear that part up. Sounded right in my head but I did not put it out that way.

No. I am saying Fab Five UK not even in the same breath, but the Fiddlin Five was even better. Sorry I did not clear that part up. Sounded right in my head but I did not put it out that way.
Wah Wah Jones was better than all 5 Michigan guys put together. He played 3 sports at UK IIRC. Baseball, football and basketball. Yes times were different but he was one freak of nature. Not to mention the others. But I also think Fiddlin 5 was a much better group than Michigan Fab 5. But both the UK teams were not freshman groups. I would have never mentioned Michigan freshman as the Fab 5. Maybe the Fresh Five. lol

If we only had a Fab Five caliber coach
How many coaches have the win percentage he does? How many have more wins in the tournament?

Yes, the last few years we’ve not made runs for many reasons, but there were way more other reasons than our coach.

I have a feeling that the team we had when the tourney was cancelled because of Covid would have resulted in a deep run. That would ease a lot of the tension many of our fans seem to have.

It’s easy to point fingers from an armchair and forget that he pulled us out of a shitty place in one year. While Cal isn’t perfect, I don’t know I would trade him for any other coach out there and I definitely wouldn’t want to be on the other side of the recruiting trail if he wasn’t our coach.

Would have a better argument if the class had the #1 and #2 players .... and, ya know, when they actually do something that those other "Fab Fives" historically have done re Final Four or title games.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

#3 Edwards
#4 Wagner
#6 Bradshaw
#15 Dillingham
#23 Sheppard

Only the FF....you make it sound like they are NBA champs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT