ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Football Recruiting - What does an "offer" mean?

AndyPopCat

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Bluegrass, USA
twitter.com
There is a great debate and twitter nerd fight going on concerning Florida QB D.J. Gillins. He says he has an offer, ESPN and 247 Sports say he has an offer. 247 Sports even has gone so far as to say he was offered on February 12th. Rivals shows no offer. Scout shows no offer, but Scout also doesn't apparently know that he's de-committed from Texas Tech. So, does he or doesn't he have an offer?

Let me start this by saying that I am no "expert" and I claim no "insider" knowledge. While I have no objections to someone trying to make a buck off of "premium" information, I don't subscribe to the belief that "premium" information is all that important. So, what's the deal? Justin Rowland at Cats Illustrated and someone with the twitter moniker, @RecruitKentucky who runs Kentucky Blue Sports News are having a major nerd fight concerning football recruit D.J. Gillins.

Rowland and others "in the know" maintain that Gillins has no offer and if he did it would be a non-committable offer. They maintain that UK is only going after one QB this year and that QB is Drew Barker...

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2013/4/5/4175944/kentucky-football-recruiting-what-does-an-offer-mean

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT