ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Back Involved with Ron Holland

This is a more talented offensive version of MKG and if anyone watched Iverson Classic last night, Antigua had told Rothstein "We're going back to what worked for us and don't care how old you are-if you can play and are elite, we want you". Holland fits that bill completely.

I'd take a peak at the Utah Valley guy and if he says no--then tell Bradshaw you are a PF but are going to defend the 5 spot and we're going back to future. Get the best 5 out there. Sick of worrying about age--it's not working for Cats. Get talent on the court and let them run/go. If Reeves comes back as expected-you have a vet there and target Dingle or someone else as a wing/shooter.

This is a more talented offensive version of MKG and if anyone watched Iverson Classic last night, Antigua had told Rothstein "We're going back to what worked for us and don't care how old you are-if you can play and are elite, we want you". Holland fits that bill completely.

I'd take a peak at the Utah Valley guy and if he says no--then tell Bradshaw you are a PF but are going to defend the 5 spot and we're going back to future. Get the best 5 out there. Sick of worrying about age--it's not working for Cats. Get talent on the court and let them run/go. If Reeves comes back as expected-you have a vet there and target Dingle or someone else as a wing/shooter.

I totally agree.

Find a way to get Reeves back and land Holland and let's rock and roll.

You have to assume our incoming guys (Wagner/Edwards/Dillingham, etc) are hitting Holland up BIG TIME about coming on board also.

Man it would be such a massive get.

I thought the same thing.

But he probably feels stung by what happened with Beard- might have left a bad impression.
Maybe his parents don't want him playing for the Domestic Violence Duo? That stuff is pathetic. Act like jackasses, lie after caught, do the trash thing of "Hunny I didn't mean it-we're going to lose our lifestyle" and then spouse denies to save face. **** Beard and his Skank trash relationship. They deserve each other and deserve being at Ole Miss.

I still think we might get Hunter.

I totally agree.

Find a way to get Reeves back and land Holland and let's rock and roll.

You have to assume our incoming guys (Wagner/Edwards/Dillingham, etc) are hitting Holland up BIG TIME about coming on board also.

Man it would be such a massive get.
I'm so sick of the Dickinson nonsense. He's not worth this drama. Think he's a potential team cancer in Lexington and while I think he'd do fine--he'd have some off the court things that would rub this program a bit different.

Oscar seems Pro bound. Should go that route. Another year of CBB won't change anything other than add another year on the calendar and delay his start of Pro career and cost him some $.

I would kick tires on Utah Valley kid. Love how he plays and he is type I think is a better fit for how they'll play.

I still think we might get Hunter.
If so, I guess I'll have to hope he isn't an off the court problem and will hope he does well but I've not been a fan of this fit since it was mentioned as possible. Just my take....and it does NOT make me correct at all. Everyone has opinions and I'm often incorrect on a lot but my gut says stay away.

But if you gave me a selection of what I'd want for '24 team----Ron Holland is #1 and I thought it was a lost cause-but he'd be my #1 priority.

I'm so sick of the Dickinson nonsense. He's not worth this drama. Think he's a potential team cancer in Lexington and while I think he'd do fine--he'd have some off the court things that would rub this program a bit different.

Oscar seems Pro bound. Should go that route. Another year of CBB won't change anything other than add another year on the calendar and delay his start of Pro career and cost him some $.

I would kick tires on Utah Valley kid. Love how he plays and he is type I think is a better fit for how they'll play.
I just don't see Holland coming here.Didn't he cut UK last time and it was between Texas,Arkansas and UCLA so we were fourth place.

Reactions: K_TIME and Fox2monk

Love the Utah Valley kid. Would be a great defensive anchor and a lob threat that would pair exceptionally well with our quick guards

I dont think Livingston coming back works.

Unless we go small and Oscar or Dickinson both aren't here.
Your narrative only makes sense in a world where no bench player accepts a role and plays 20 to 25 minutes a game off the bench.

Is that the world we live in now, according to you?

Oscar - 25-28 minutes/game (12-15 remaining)
Holland - 28-30 mpg (10-12 remaining)
Edwards - 28-30 mpg (10-12 remaining)
Wagner - 28-30 mpg (10-12 remaining)
Dillingham - 25-28 mpg (12-15 remaining)

That leaves 54-66 minutes remaining for the bench. Reeves gets 22-25. Bradshaw gets 22-25. The rest of the team sorts out the remaining minutes.

We owe Onyenso nothing at this point. He almost bailed on our program.

I just don't see Holland coming here.Didn't he cut UK last time and it was between Texas,Arkansas and UCLA so we were fourth place.

He did cut Kentucky but if my memory is serving me correctly, it more had to do with Kentucky feeling like we were filling up and perhaps felt like Livingston would definitely be a multi-year guy or something.

I just remember the sense at the time being that "Kentucky is all full" which made Holland focus elsewhere.

It appears that may have changed now, who knows, but love hearing that we are involved here.

If so, I guess I'll have to hope he isn't an off the court problem and will hope he does well but I've not been a fan of this fit since it was mentioned as possible. Just my take....and it does NOT make me correct at all. Everyone has opinions and I'm often incorrect on a lot but my gut says stay away.

But if you gave me a selection of what I'd want for '24 team----Ron Holland is #1 and I thought it was a lost cause-but he'd be my #1 priority.

Has your friend said anything about Holland since he decommitted from Texas?

Love the Utah Valley kid. Would be a great defensive anchor and a lob threat that would pair exceptionally well with our quick guards

He seems to me to just be another version of Ugo and Bradshaw (in that both can provide what you just described).

If we had a big man, would prefer it to be one who is a bit more physical and tougher down low.

Things change. I don't know if anything will come from it, but I do like Kentucky reached out and is attempting to bring him in. Know the players in class of '23 already have reached out--Edwards, Bradshaw for certain on Social Media so if they are cool with it, and UK reached out, just sharing my preference. Everyone has one, nobody is wrong until we see the product on the floor.

Haven't spoken with him. He was at Adidas last weekend and Nike EYBL this weekend.

Well damn Ralph, get on the phone! Wake some people up! We need answers!

parks-and-rec-april-ludgate.gif

He seems to me to just be another version of Ugo and Bradshaw (in that both can provide what you just described).

If we had a big man, would prefer it to be one who is a bit more physical and tougher down low.
I think he’s just more of a known entity and much more sound defensively than Ugo

Love to have Holland come to UK. Do any of you think we have a chance getting him ?

Get Holland and turn the Freshmen loose and let them figure it out.

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Holland
F Bradshaw

Reeves as the sixth man. Onyenso as the back up Center. Sheppard, Thiero, and Ware to round out the lineup.

Play 5 out on offense and run and gun as much as possible.

Might not win a title, but at least they should be fun to watch.

I’ll take young talent over mediocre veterans every time.

I think I’ve seen you say this somewhere else but the Utah valley guy is so much better of a fit and you don’t have to worry about catering to his ego or getting him his touches, he till rebound block shots and catch lobs, that’s literally exactly what Kentucky needs

UK Basketball is reeling and we need to make a spark..tell me what kind of spark would an all freshman team of Dillingham, Wagner, Edwards, Holland , and Bradshaw make?? Bring in Reed, Reeves, Thiero; and Kingsley off the bench..THAT is a fab five..historic if you ask me..That’s what I think Cal wants and actually needs..a class that validates everything who he is and can prove he is the king of one and done

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
The one thing I want the most for next year is getting a sophomore year from Livingston.
He'd be a beast

Reactions: UK67KU59
I agree but I would take Holland over C-Liv, but obviously I would GLADLY take either one.

My biggest priority to return would be Reeves and Oscar

Honestly, I think I'd take Livingston over Reeves and Ocsar.

We're past due for a change in team Dynamics and getting back Chris in the post will get Calipari back to his Memphis ways

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT