ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Vandy (Finale)

Thompson struggling. He balks with the bases loaded and he's super pissed. He charged the umpire basically. Squires and Ming had to restrain him. Not sure how it was a balk. I'm only listening today

This came with a pair of walks and a hbp. So, Vandy is scoring without hits. Thompson apparently stepped off the rubber and he thinks that the crowd influenced it being called a balk.

Newsome doesn't give UK a strike call. Headrick calls it clearly a strike and Thompson doesn't get the call. It takes one more pitch to get out if the inning, but Thompson does and UK leads 2-1.

Love starting with a walk and HBP. Nothing like seeing how you react in pressure situations early. Zach Thompson can but he's getting too many pitches in. Let's throw in a WP to keep it interesting. Follow it up with a walk so you can face the cleanup hitter. Balk in a run. Then get him to pop up. Kind of a microcosm of our starting pitching all year. We give up a run without a hit.

Aklinski out on the steal by two miles. That's a good way to clear off the bases.

We must telegraph steals... we get thrown out by a mile.
I thought it was closer to two. At any rate, maybe we're hoping that the 2nd baseman gets tired holding the ball in his glove for so long waiting for Aklinski that the ball falls out.

Is there any word about Hazelwood and his getting hit by a foul ball last night?

Caught stealing again. Another play that describes our year on the base paths pretty well.

I think they have stolen our steal sign. Two attempts and both pitch outs. Might want to change those signs up

Is it me or is there three or four on this staff that seem to pitch scared to death when a runner gets on base?

Terrible decision to have Cole bunt.

Ehh... keeps them out of a double play but you have to trust that Becker will get you a hit or something strong to score at least one. He didn't.

Was probably not the best only because Becker has struggled some in this game while Cottam has done well.

Terrible decision to have Cole bunt.
Think it was the right thing to do with the big guys coming up they just didn't produce. I would have made the lfer throw us out. Personally I think inning cost us the game. With our BP this lead never will stand

I've not said anything about this all season, but it drives me crazy that our outfield cannot throw the ball in on a line drive....its always a rainbow. Do we not have arms out there??

One interesting thing is that none of them seem to actually line up a throw and get behind it to get their momentum into the throw. Instead, they almost always just camp under it.

The wheels are coming off ... already given up 6 in the bottom of the 7th with one out. This team really needs a win ... but is heading in the wrong direction.

Seems to be a lot of negative energy right now.

One interesting thing is that none of them seem to actually line up a throw and get behind it to get their momentum into the throw. Instead, they almost always just camp under it.

Dont see how you can get any momentum and go forward when it's always over your head

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT