ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Indiana

After striking out 16 batters in his last outing, former UK pitcher James Paxton has a no-hitter going thru 6 IP tonight for Mariners. Turning into a real ace.

JDrum... you know you the rules! Don't talk about the no-no!

Now Harper can't throw freaking strikes. Unreal. Our bullpen is really good at being bad. Hazelwood up in the pen. Harper hits a batter to put two on, both on free passes.

Sac bunt moves them both into scoring position. 1 out.

I might consider intentionally walking Houston right here.

I would 100 percent consider walking Houston considering you get to the 9 hole hitter who is hitting sub .200 on the season. Still, UK opts to pitch to Houston, could be because 9 hole hitters seem to kill this pitching.

This performance reminds me of our previous coach( not going to mention Henderson in this thread) ,but the pitching is beyond bad this year. Our previous coach seemed to have good pitchers, but couldn’t win games consistently with starting pitchers, and our relief pitchers couldn’t close or save games. Last year seems an aberation!

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Wow... UK going to go to the bullpen here. 2-2 with 1 out and UK bringing in Aaron McGeorge. What a weird freaking decision.

This performance reminds me of our previous coach( not going to mention Henderson in this thread) ,but the pitching is beyond bad this year. Our previous coach seemed to have good pitchers, but couldn’t win games consistently with starting pitchers, and our relief pitchers couldn’t close or save games. Last year seems an aberation!

Hard to tell with just 2 years worth of a sample size. Still, this is worse than Henderson. Henderson typically had us in the top 10 of the SEC in pitching and I don't think we were ever last. This year, in what was projected to be one our best pitching years, we are dead last in the SEC in ERA.

McGeorge one pitch and gets the out. McGeorge hasn't pitched in quite a while. Weird for him to come in here in such a big spot. McGeorge now coming out and Hazelwood coming in to face the lefty.

Hazelwood starts him off with a strike, and follows it up with the same. Both heaters. He follows it up with back to back balls to even it back up. Another ball has it at full count on the 9 hole hitter. Cannot lose this guy! Cannot. He hits sub .200 and he has beat us already today. Have to get the better of him and get out of this inning. Freaking walked him.

END OF 7: Kentucky 6, Indiana 5. Hoosiers get first two on in the 7th, but McGeorge and Hazelwood slam the door on the rally to keep Cats ahead.

Now we face the freaking top of the lineup with 2 outs and the bases loaded. Machamer up in the bullpen now. Left on left still. Boyd hitting .318 with 2 outs and .500 with the bases loaded. That is not good, but Becker gets an easy grounder to get out of the inning.

If there were an emoji for a giant "whew!" then I'd put it here.

This is as frustrating as when the last coach was here! Very disappointing ,I want Ming to do great, but this year is step backward, in many phases of offense and pitching!

Aklinski with a two out hit. That helps UK to get to the top of the lineup in the 9th and should grow some confidence from Ben.

Ugh... Aklinksi thrown out stealing second. He made it safely, but over slid the base to end the inning.

Ugh... Aklinksi thrown out stealing second. He made it safely, but over slid the base to end the inning.

For the 2nd time this season he's done that...sliding on turf, go feet first or take the sliding glove off so you can grab the bag.

Pop up on a sac bunt! Baseball gods giveth and baseball gods taketh away.

Machamer saves Shinn's bacon with some clutch pitching. On to the 9th. Good god, let's get some insurance.

Shinn makes a good catch to end the inning! Mach gets out of danger with a guy getting to second with no outs. On to the 9th with UK leading 6-5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT