ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Indiana

Haase is just a disaster. Good god, we work so hard to get a four run lead and he can't throw a strike. Of course, IU immediately cashes in. 6-3 UK, runner on first, no outs.

Haake is killing Cottam. Can't throw a strike. Wild pitch advances the runner so the first strike he throws gives up a single that scores a run. Hmmm maybe Schaenzer was a better option. Haake is so wild that he has to throw a BP fastball to get a strike.

I just don't understand Haake. He looks like he should be great, but almost never comes through. The one game he does (Alabama), and Ming decides he can leave him in for 115 pitches to blow the win. No way the kid has any confidence at this point.

Just a pathetic pitching staff this year. It's almost comical if it didn't suck so much that what could have been our dream year is blowing up in front of our face.
Can't tell you how many times I have thought the same damn thing!

Mercifully, Becker doesn't drop a routine fly ball at second base and we somehow get out of the inning. What a dreadful inning, UK now up just 6-5

Boy do we need a bunch of runs in a hurry. I can't see our bullpen holding anything but a massive lead.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Our pitching is just a little better than NAIA quality,relief pitching especially !

I hadn't noticed that our team batting average has slipped to 10th in the SEC. Boy have we been tailing off.

No pitching with a bunt happy Coach

Ming isn't anymore or any less "bunt happy" than any other collegiate baseball coach. The difference is execution after the bunt. Just look at today where Dawson sacs the runner over and then Pompey goes down looking. Cottam, while he's had a good game, then Cottam also strikes out. That is merely poor execution when you have a RISP.

This game has all of the makings of a disaster. No one in our bullpen can throw strikes (and if they do it's a fat pitch over the plate). And our big guns strike out to end the 6th leaving a man stranded on second

Another lead off walk. Will be shocked if they don't bring him around. Well, maybe not...thanks to stupid base running!

Ramsey back out and he is struggling again. Ball four puts the tying run on. Not sure why the heck he came back out. He has to get it back together.

Thank god for dumbass Indiana. Stupid baserunning by them is the only reason we're still leading.

Whoa!!! Indiana runs themselves into an out trying to go first to third! It was a single, but UK got him hung up trying to take third and that is out number one.

Harper coming in. Not entirely sure why they didn't try to basically get 4 out of Brad, and 2-4 out of Harper to begin with.

Mingione needs to overhaul his pitching ,between now and next season,or it won’t be pretty!

Something certainly has to change. The scary thing is that the pitchers doing very well were Henderson recruits, and the ones that are struggling are Mingione recruits. Granted, they may improve next year as they become second year players, but every team has to rely on freshman pitching and this UK team has just been unable to rely on anyone out of the bullpen other than Mach, and even he has been shaky at times.

Becker grounds out. He's 0-4 today.

After striking out 16 batters in his last outing, former UK pitcher James Paxton has a no-hitter going thru 6 IP tonight for Mariners. Turning into a real ace.

Well we go to the stretch with UK leading 6-5. Harper still in I presume. He should be able to easily give us 2 more before we go to Mach. Still, would rather the bats wake up and win us this thing rather than rely on pitching to leave this at one run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT