ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Arkansas (Game 1)

I think we all figured that the pitching staff would carry the program this year but it has not been the case against better competition.

I want to say "well tonight isn't our night", but Minge wouldn't like that kind of thinking. You can always come back.

Cats get some base runners but too late. Two out hitting has been poor.

Man, this game just sucks. Get 8 and 9 hole hitters on with two outs and then squires has a great at-bat but then grounds out to end inning

That was something amazing about last year's team. Seems like they almost always executed with two outs. Now they are getting executed.

We've got to change this lineup. I still believe Becker in the middle hurts us. Opponents can pitch around Pompey not fearing Becker as much. They then go after Becker fearing Cottam and the big guns. Still, that could be two outs with no one on by the time you get to the danger. Not to mention it means less at bats for Heyer and Collett.

Holy cow.... Collett murdered one and it gets caught in the wind for out 3. This is ridiculous for us. That's probably 3 home runs we'd have but for the wind.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Am I just crazy or do the Arky bats have a UK logo on them on the neck of the bat?

Koch hits another home run. 7-2.

Please note that they are hitting them way out to left. We have hit everything to right other than the Cottam hr.

I guess we're trying to preserve the pen... Lockhart getting rocked though. Belanger going to make a change.

We are not looking like a ranked team this game. Pompey could have caught that double but didn't.

We are not looking like a ranked team this game. Pompey could have caught that double but didn't.

At some point Pompey is going to be exposed as a poor outfielder and he'll have a hard time advancing through the minors.

I'm getting an unsettling feeling that this team right now is looking like Missouri (I think it was) last year where they started out hot but got there with a weak preseason and didn't perform that well the rest of the season. We are going to have to step up against the good competition and we haven't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT