ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Arkansas (Game 1)

Squires robbed of a home run on the first pitch of the game. Wow. .

17mph wind is blowing in in right, otherwise that may have been long gone.

Arkansas has an ear piece for the catcher. Interesting.

Pompey hit by a pitch. Knight not overly sharp.

Holy crap... Becker loops one down the line and it looks like it hit chalk. Would have been a double to score Pompey, but called foul. No challenge. Becker then flies out to the warning track .

3 fly ball out something I'm not sure I've seen in an inning this year.

Hjelle leaves one down the middle and gives up a double. That scores another. Down 2-0

Is Hjelle overthrowing? Location at the start of the last two starts has put him in pretty big trouble.

Jeez, not sure why we have to get off to just a horrendous start almost every game. We've been good enough to come back more often than not, but this seems like a dangerous trend.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Good at bat from Heyer. He works a full count and spoils several pitches. He got under one for an out but still got the pitch count up.

Knight is getting the bottom of the strike zone. Johnson very upset about it. He strikes out swinging at a slider in the dirt.

Hjelle's last pitch was a strike on Johnson. Could be that it is against a lefty this time, but it's a good pitch that should be a strike out.

Hjelle gets a strikeout to end the second. 3-1 Hogs going to the third.

I just posted about Hjelle on the basketball board somewhere. That's what I get for multitasking.

Dawson goes down on strikes before Squires singles to center on a dying quail.

Aklinski hits one off the leg of knight and it roles towards the line. They call him out for running out of the base path to avoid the tag. 2 outs.

Knight hobbling around. Not good for Arkansas and he's going to come out. I wanted to get to the pen, but not like that.

He left the field, but left his glove out there and I guess got some tape and is on the mound again to face Pompey.

Pompey watched two hittable pitches go by before going down on a check swing strikeout.

Hjelle starts the inning with a full count walk. He's at 50 pitches. He's walked 3 to tonight and had only walked 4 before tonight.

Not getting a good "whistle" in this game. Screwed in the first inning with a fair ball that was called foul. Their pitcher is getting the strike call on the lower edge of the zone and Hjelle is not. I know winning on the road is tough, but this is a bit absurd so far.

Hjelle walks another. Good pitch. That's a strike for Knight. Frustrating.

Maley goes out to the pen. Possibly Coleman with him.

Hjelle gets Fletcher to strike out. 1 out with runners at first and second .

Slow bouncer goes to Dawson and he has only one play at first and he makes it. 2 outs. Runners at second and third.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT