ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Arkansas (Game 1)

That's 5 walks today. He'd issued just 4 previously. Maley still warming up. Arkansas hasn't even put a ball in play this inning.

Hjelle gets a K to end it. 4-1 Hogs

There have just been a few pitches called ball that looked like strike but it seems to have been enough to get Hjelle anxious. He hasn't had near the location he had at the beginning of the year.

Becker takes one through the hole on the right side for a leadoff single.

Already tired of listening to the TV Homer Arkansas announcers. Every Knight pitch is right there and should have been called a strike and no comment on the pitches by Hjelle that were strikes for Knight but balls for Hjelle.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Custom made double play. Basically a dying quail to second that goes 6-3. Poor pitch for Cottam to swing at, but UK is the victim of some terrible luck tonight.

Already tired of listening to the TV Homer Arkansas announcers. Every Knight pitch is right there and should have been called a strike and no comment on the pitches by Hjelle that were strikes for Knight but balls for Hjelle.

I have the UK app to listen to Headrick on my phone. Just pause the feed to line it up.

Same spot. Heyer strikes out. Hitters have to adjust, but like I said, it's frustrating we aren't getting that call on the mound.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Just not our night. Could be a really ugly series with us trying to patch together a pitching strategy on saturday with thompson out.

There have just been a few pitches called ball that looked like strike but it seems to have been enough to get Hjelle anxious. He hasn't had near the location he had at the beginning of the year.
HP ump is horrible...SH has to be perfect while Ark pitcher just has to be in the park..pathetic. SH had that struck out last inning that scored run! Must work for WalMart...

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Ohh man... Hogs just barely missed a two run blast. Johnson got it right at the wall.

Runner on third. One out. Belanger coming to bring out Maley now.

I'm not sure what the next hitter looks like but I might consider a walk and attempting to get the double play.

They don't listen to me and they get a grounder to Heyer and throw out the runner at home!!

Do you guys have any quality Left Handed relievers? The Hogs have been very vulnerable to LH pitching early in the season.
A couple Ramsey and Hazelwood is a true freshman who didn't do too bad last time out.

Boy we can't get any hits through.

Do you guys have any quality Left Handed relievers? The Hogs have been very vulnerable to LH pitchers early in the season.

We got 4 lefties on our roster. One is starter Thompson who is hurt but would have pitched tomorrow. Scheanzer is a senior midweek starter that's struggled. Hazelwood is a freshman that's been solid. He'll pitch sometime this weekend in relief. Miller is a junior transfer that I believe is redshirting.

The baseball gods just seem to dislike us some times this year.

Squires singles to center and advances to second on an error. Aklinski then walks.2 outs for Pompey.

We got 4 lefties on our roster. One is starter Thompson who is hurt but would have pitched tomorrow. Scheanzer is a senior midweek starter that's struggled. Hazelwood is a freshman that's been solid. He'll pitch sometime this weekend in relief. Miller is a junior transfer that I believe is redshirting.
Thank you for the information, tough break for your pitcher Thompson.

Bases juiced on a Pompey infield single. 2 outs and Arkansas is going to the pen.

Becker now up. I'm going to go ahead and complain that Becker is hitting 4th instead of Cottam/Heyer/Collett.

Becker goes up 3-0. Walked him on 4 pitches!!! 4-2

Dear lord... that is not a strike and if it is at least call it for us too!

Cottam goes down swinging. Outside breaking balls made him lo ok foolish.

man, just a tough night. Cottam with just a horrendous at-bat. Looks at strike one. swings at a horrible second pitch and then swings at a ball. Man, I really trust him at the plate, that was a head-scratcher.

man, just a tough night. Cottam with just a horrendous at-bat. Looks at strike one. swings at a horrible second pitch and then swings at a ball. Man, I really trust him at the plate, that was a head-scratcher.

I think that first pitch isn't typically a strike and the fact that the pitcher got that made him more protective.

Hazelwood in now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT