ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne & Louisville deal is getting closer

I think Payne will do fine there. Problem is, just "fine" isn't what their fans want. Some of them convinced themselves that Scott Drew might come. But they'll do what fans do, which is be excited and hopeful and start acting as if Payne will bring in five stars in bunches. And who knows? I'm sure they'll reel in the occasional top 10 guy with KP. I mean, their football team was 6-7 and they're getting four stars to commit to Scott "What is this L's Down you speak of?" Satterfield.

The Louisville fan media can talk up the job, but Payne has been "the guy" for a couple months, and if you can get a Pearl, or a Drew, or a Musselman, you do it. They clearly can't, so they're choosing the guy that all the former players and coaches want. It's pretty logical from both sides, but hiring KP is not the Cal type homerun hire their fans wanted.

Reactions: jauk11
Ive always said I believe UK fans are the worst at understanding this guy and that rings true today. Calipari throwing games has been widely believed for years and he does. Calipari is a showman. He’s not going to just sit down and tell everyone we’re throwing the game come on.
Yep, some fans just don't understand Cal.

And you are a prime example.

Reactions: flacat22
I dont know what to think.. maybe just this .. KP goes to lil brother I'll treat him like lil brother .. a lil brother who is an embarrassment to the family and one we wish we could just kick out . After attending the cesspool of a football stadium last fall I realized how gawd awful they are .. Torch them and all things about them .. KP included --if he goes

and for the notion Cal throws games , maybe " throws games " is a an over the top expression , maybe he cares far far less for some games than he does others . From the way he treats BBN and the media I dont know I could put anything past him . His actions are inexplainable at times .

Reactions: UK till Death
Yeah, get sick 9 months before the game based on a goofy prediction that was made by you. Surely you can't think any coach would purposely throw a game due to knowing the opposing coach. And yes, I know, your name is not Shirley.
Why do you think his name isn't Shirley?

lol

Not sure he will do well. Kinda reminds me of a less experienced and lesser caliber Tubby Smith. Good guy. Coming into a bad situation. Probation pending. Sanctions. Angry fan base. Tough on a guy in his mid 50s with no experience in the ACC.

If Calipari is not doing everything he can to win it, which he won’t, then he’s throwing it.

If anyone really thinks “Cal won’t go there” with Louisville you really haven’t been paying close enough attention. This game will be labeled a buddy game and Calipari won’t do anything but suck at the alter of Payne. We should have never brought the guy on staff anyway. We overrate his abilities and he played at Louisville. We should never hire anyone associated with Louisville and these things wouldn’t be a problem.

If they hire him we might as well not even watch because it’s “no longer a game that matters”. Another “meaningless game that has no bearing on March”. Instead of arguing it, CC members just mark the post and bring it up a few years after they hire him. My guess is theyll try and bury it when they realize I’m on the money.
You are starting to lose all credibility.

IF you ever had any.

Reactions: Jperry1987
Not sure if serious.

tenor.gif

I'm not a fan of Cal but I can't believe he would ever "throw" a game, especially a tourney game. I think there have been games in season where he has thrown his hands up so to speak and see if the team can win on their own but I can't believe he's ever thrown a game.
Not sure he isn't a troll.

Cal doesn't throw them per se, but he will let the team flounder on it's own with no input, ala Vandy 2012. I think he did the same with Tenn. He knew we were getting a 1 regardless in 2012, and he knew our 1/2 was gonna be baylors bracket so who cares who's 1 and who's 2? He does not try to win every game many times, but the idea is that it catches the team's attention and motivates them for later.
And he "knew" we would still get a one if he let Thug U beat us?

Can we please ban the psycho AGAIN, I have him on ignore and still can’t get away from the absolute ignorance, lies, and flat out slander because the things he says makes everyone else reply so threads get completely derailed until they are unreadable.

Yep. I have a lot of people in ignore. Morg / grom posts so much garbage that it's hard to avoid because of all the replies.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
Bad hire. He’s a classic #2 guy. Although he might clean it up for the next guy.

Get ready to see Calipari not care who wins or loses. Gonna be awful. Tired of these programs linking to each other like this.

wouldn’t surprise me to see Cal throw each one of them to help the buddy. Makes me sick.

“this game really doesn’t even matter”. Get ready for this to be the resounding theme.
you are proof that ignorance truly has no bounds

Perhaps I misread this, but Dajuan Wagner played in 103 career NBA games over the course of 5 Seasons, so he did "play" in the NBA.
Cal pushing him out the door to make as much money as he could before his health issues ended his career was still the best decision for his career/livelihood though.
He averaged 13.4 as a rookie. Then health problems took over and he never got back to the playing top notch. Ulcerated colitis very painful stuff!!

Calipari is a fierce competitor. At one time he really hated losing. It’s true. I’ve seen him in closed practices. He was fierce.

But he will throw games and his ego is as big as pitino. You piss John Calipari off collectively and he’ll sink a ship. One of the reasons I don’t want to fire him at any point and want it to end smooth is because of what he’s capable of.

I’d tell him Cal we’re all friends here. Let’s figure this out. Slowly and quietly.
What? You think that Cal might put a hit out on you? From a fan’s experience, Cal has been nothing short of a great representative of the University. He’s always out in front with charity and has brought in high character recruits.
Unless you’re more than me with regard to inside knowledge of Cal, you’re FOS

What? You think that Cal might put a hit out on you? From a fan’s experience, Cal has been nothing short of a great representative of the University. He’s always out in front with charity and has brought in high character recruits.
Unless you’re more than me with regard to inside knowledge of Cal, you’re FOS

He used to claim he was close to the program. Imagine THAT guy being close to our program. LOL! They wouldn't let such lunacy anywhere near the program. It's all a bunch of cooked up garbage from a bitter Memphis fan, much of it Marijuana induced and hopefully nothing else. My opinion only.

Last edited:
Reactions: crawfords corner
And he "knew" we would still get a one if he let Thug U beat us?

huh? In 2012 yea, he knew we’d be a 1 come hell or high water. This year he knew we’d get a 1 if we beat Tenn, 2 if we lose but the conventional wisdom said we were locked into either the 1 or 2 in Baylor’s bracket, so who cares which one we are - his “let them flail” agenda was more important

Reactions: UK till Death
huh? In 2012 yea, he knew we’d be a 1 come hell or high water. This year he knew we’d get a 1 if we beat Tenn, 2 if we lose but the conventional wisdom said we were locked into either the 1 or 2 in Baylor’s bracket, so who cares which one we are - his “let them flail” agenda was more important
Right, no one wanted to beat Thug U.

What a bunch of gibberish talking about coaches throwing games to one another. It’s like the sport of basketball just magically appeared here the past year and now we get self anointed experts leading a moronacy.

Well the way I see it coaches everywhere have relationships it’s one giant coaching tree when you think about it. Much like family trees everywhere they’re all linked too bad some of the branches fell off for a few of you

Bad hire. He’s a classic #2 guy. Although he might clean it up for the next guy.

Get ready to see Calipari not care who wins or loses. Gonna be awful. Tired of these programs linking to each other like this.

wouldn’t surprise me to see Cal throw each one of them to help the buddy. Makes me sick.

“this game really doesn’t even matter”. Get ready for this to be the resounding theme.
You make me sick with your dipshit posting.

Btw when we’re talking people believing he threw that Missouri game, we’re talking people be living it that cover college basketball for a living. I’ll just leave that there and you guys can continue believing whatever you want that makes you feel better.

I’m essentially the guy that’s telling y’all the coast guard isn’t coming. We’re on this raft and the call didn’t get out. The fact you’re pissed and scared and want to throw me overboard doesn’t change the fact that what I’m saying is true and the boat is going down.

Nothing I’m saying surprises anyone that knows.
Your post are too dumb to be considered dumb.

It won’t be Cal. He’ll back up and allow KP to have his day and the CC on this board will go on and on about how “the game doesn’t even matter”.

It’s the go to when we can’t win or choose to not care. Anything to cover for whatever Calipari does.
I'm not one of those guys who thinks Calipari does no wrong but I also am not one who thinks we are doomed when he leaves. With that being said you seem to always be calling for Calipari to go so I am interested who you think UK realistically should get? I know everyone says Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan (that bridge was burned long ago) and a few others that I just don't see being a possibility. Who do you think we can/will get when that time comes?

I'm not one of those guys who thinks Calipari does no wrong but I also am not one who thinks we are doomed when he leaves. With that being said you seem to always be calling for Calipari to go so I am interested who you think UK realistically should get? I know everyone says Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan (that bridge was burned long ago) and a few others that I just don't see being a possibility. Who do you think we can/will get when that time comes?

He wanted Beard, lol. Bad. He also said Mike White was the next blue blood coach, Lmao. He try’s to push a shameless lie that some here would quit cheering for Kentucky if Cal left and follow him. Not one person here would do that. I’ve been to more UK tournament games than he’s been to regular games ..most under Tubby.

There are some who I know personally that write for a living and they too think he threw the Missouri game. I’m just saying Calipari probably will throw games. Now do I know that no. I don’t “know for a fact” many things i believe as do you. The only real way to “know” is if he admits it. He’s not going to do that if he does.

Bro there’s always like 4 or 5 CC members who attack anything, ANYTHING, that isn’t pro Calipari. I’m not even breaking news here. It shouldn’t be this much of a shocker. It’s been thought for YEARS. Lol.

Proof of a closed practice in Memphis Tennessee during the mid 2,000’s.

I’m friends with a guy that I went to school with and his father is one of the biggest boosters after the titan 2. Now you don’t know anything about what I’m saying but continue to look stupid if to no one else but me in the situation.
Earlier in this thread you knew everything and anyone who said other wise was an idiot, Cal-loving cultist. You sound like a liberal. Agree with me or be branded!!!

Next comes the classic, I was called on my crap so I don't really "know" anything or have real proof. But it's been thought about for years.

Now its a closed practice you can't prove you went to and I know a guy who knows a guy who's brother's sister's uncle knows another guy....

You can't make this stuff up...

Reactions: Dubya C Dubya
Wow, when I posted this thread I did not expect it to devolve into what it is now lmfao go outside guys

Per Pat Forde

Will be interesting to see how KP does if this turns out to be correct

Hello UK fans, I'm just here to see what the thoughts are for Payne being the new Louisville coach. He wasn't my #1 hope, but since it looks like he's the guy I'm hoping he is as good at recruiting/development/coaching as everyone says he is. It looks like the opinion here is mixed, runs from "Oh no Louisville hired Payne, he's a great hire" to "he's a career assistant for a reason and didn't really have an impact" with all the range of opinions in between. This is pretty much the same opinion I'm reading on Louisville boards. It is an interesting time and I'm eager to see how it all plays out. Good luck in the tournament.

Who ever UL gets as a coach I hope they still can't win any games. Some of the worst fans right up there with IU !

Reactions: Fox2monk
You sure about that? Indiana doesn't matter, SEC regular doesn't matter, SEC tournament doesn't matter.
UL not mattering can't be too far behind.
Indiana doesn’t matter and as far as seeding it looks more and more like the SEC tourney doesn’t matter, even though I still want to win it.

1st paragraph is a given. He will be given a ton of rope because he's what the base has been opining for a long time. He's an ex DC guy and he's black.
2nd...if KP is hired, don't be at all surprised if DJ commits to them within a week or two. NlL money galore and they can promise to build the team around him.
No more NIL money than UK, we have been in the drivers seat forever and his dad is loyal to Cal. Still wouldn’t be that worried about losing him to UofL, and they will be bad bad for awhile when he gets there.

According to media here in Louisville he will be announced this Friday as the new coach.

Btw when we’re talking people believing he threw that Missouri game, we’re talking people be living it that cover college basketball for a living. I’ll just leave that there and you guys can continue believing whatever you want that makes you feel better.

I’m essentially the guy that’s telling y’all the coast guard isn’t coming. We’re on this raft and the call didn’t get out. The fact you’re pissed and scared and want to throw me overboard doesn’t change the fact that what I’m saying is true and the boat is going down.

Nothing I’m saying surprises anyone that knows.
I read in another thread that you're in the mental health field. I'm not sure being a patient qualifies you to make that statement.
Ive always said I believe UK fans are the worst at understanding this guy and that rings true today. Clalipari throwing games has been widely believed for years and he does. Calipari is a showman. He’s not going to just sit down and tell everyone we’re throwing the game come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT