ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne & Louisville deal is getting closer

I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t think it and I wouldn’t tell you it’s believed by many people if I didn’t know that. What you choose to believe is not my prerogative. It’s yours.

Do you believe he will throw a game?
I'm quoting the NY Times here: "With 3:15 left in the half, Calipari was called for a technical foul by the referee Ted Valentine after barely stepping out of the coaching box." Barely - even the NYT pointed out that the call was egregious.
Yeah he did that to give the other team points, part of his “throwing it.” LOL 😂😂🤪🤪

Can we please ban the psycho AGAIN, I have him on ignore and still can’t get away from the absolute ignorance, lies, and flat out slander because the things he says makes everyone else reply so threads get completely derailed until they are unreadable.

He's stage 4

The way things are going with the Knicks, I can definitely see KP going back to his alma mater for a HUGE paycheck. He will need time, will the Card fan base give him it??

As for DJ Wagner, why would he go ANYWHERE but UK after what Cal did for his father???
Any friendship Milt has with Kenny could NEVER match that.
1st paragraph is a given. He will be given a ton of rope because he's what the base has been opining for a long time. He's an ex DC guy and he's black.
2nd...if KP is hired, don't be at all surprised if DJ commits to them within a week or two. NlL money galore and they can promise to build the team around him.

Reactions: Gromcat
No, seriously, come on and educate all us mouth-breathing, inbred, sister-humping hicks who don't have the benefit of knowing everything you know. Show us something, anything, from anyone that covers college basketball for a living that believes that Cal threw the Missouri game. Here's your chance to really educate the unwashed masses... (And before you say something stupid, like, "See, even you admit that you're all mouth-breathing..." that was me, making fun of you, because I know your type)... so anyway, put up some evidence. Post a link. Come on. Be a man.

There are some who I know personally that write for a living and they too think he threw the Missouri game. I’m just saying Calipari probably will throw games. Now do I know that no. I don’t “know for a fact” many things i believe as do you. The only real way to “know” is if he admits it. He’s not going to do that if he does.

Bro there’s always like 4 or 5 CC members who attack anything, ANYTHING, that isn’t pro Calipari. I’m not even breaking news here. It shouldn’t be this much of a shocker. It’s been thought for YEARS. Lol.

Is this even an attack on Cal? I mean take for example if he believes intentionally losing a game or trying to will help in some way? When I say I think he’ll throw games “if he deems necessary” it means many things.

Tampons sometimes cause issues with cramping. A good napkin can relieve the burden. CVS has heating pads, Midol, and “napkins”. Rest up.

Reactions: UK till Death
You make these unbelievable claims with no proof, “Ive seen it in closed practices, people who write about college basketball know it…”. Some modicum of proof to your wild claims would probably help your credibility.

Proof of a closed practice in Memphis Tennessee during the mid 2,000’s.

I’m friends with a guy that I went to school with and his father is one of the biggest boosters after the titan 2. Now you don’t know anything about what I’m saying but continue to look stupid if to no one else but me in the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: AGEE11
I really hate this move if (when) it happens. UL will instantly become a legit team again and I really like Kenny. Don't want to have to hate him but so be it I guess.

He will kill it recruiting (watch out DJ Wagner). Don't know how he will do coaching but I bet he builds a tremendous staff and gets star players immediately.
Not if they are on probation including no post season .

Proof of a closed practice in Memphis Tennessee during the mid 2,000’s.

I’m friends with a guy that I went to school with and his father is one of the biggest boosters after the titan 2. Now you don’t know anything about what I’m saying but continue to look stupid if to no one else but me in the situation.
I dated Pam Anderson once but YOU continue to look stupid if no one believes THAT but me in that situation. Stick with Memphis.

Bad hire. He’s a classic #2 guy. Although he might clean it up for the next guy.

Get ready to see Calipari not care who wins or loses. Gonna be awful. Tired of these programs linking to each other like this.

wouldn’t surprise me to see Cal throw each one of them to help the buddy. Makes me sick.

“this game really doesn’t even matter”. Get ready for this to be the resounding theme.
"Why can't we just all celebrate that a team from Kentucky won!"

he would be a good hire for ul....now as far as his recruiting......when he was here he recruited nike kids and nike kids go to nike schools 99 percent of the time. now he will be in a addidas with u6....a whole different game.....he will be getting addidas kids but can he get them over ucla and kansas. especially with a couple of years of penalties and maybe more. however 1st he has to accept the job, well see

he would be a good hire for ul....now as far as his recruiting......when he was here he recruited nike kids and nike kids go to nike schools 99 percent of the time. now he will be in a addidas with u6....a whole different game.....he will be getting addidas kids but can he get them over ucla and kansas. especially with a couple of years of penalties and maybe more. however 1st he has to accept the job, well see
I heard somewhere last week (don’t remember where) that if he went to loservile he might be bringing Nolan Smith from dUKe with him as his lead recruiter. That might concern me a little bit as a UK fan.

Bad hire. He’s a classic #2 guy. Although he might clean it up for the next guy.

Get ready to see Calipari not care who wins or loses. Gonna be awful. Tired of these programs linking to each other like this.

wouldn’t surprise me to see Cal throw each one of them to help the buddy. Makes me sick.

“this game really doesn’t even matter”. Get ready for this to be the resounding theme.
If it makes you sick, why don’t you just get you another team. Besides sounding like a real nutcase, you sound like an asshole too.

I don't understand Payne wanting to go to UofL. I know he played there and all that but why, after coaching in the penthouse of college basketball, want to coach in the outhouse of college basketball?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I like Payne but this is in no way a home run hire.He has not shown so far that he can lead a program and Louisville is a total mess.
I agree and just because your former players love you proves nothing as far as quality of a coach he would be. From what I’ve always read about him, he was the good cop to Calipari’s bad cop.

Reactions: flacat22
Really like KP, hate to see him connected to the Loser mess, I understand if he goes there being an alum but that is a risky first head coaching job imo.

You trash , bash, and now slander him. I'd hate to see what your hate looks like.
Can't be a UK fan. Only a Memphis graduate would act this way. Wait! He IS a Memphis grad, hmmmm. He used to say he wished we would fire Sandy Bell so we could cheat more and win more titles. He said cheating was cool as long as you don't get caught. Total lunacy and garbage that makes us look bad. He seems to be exactly who he is accusing Cal of being.......a fraud.

Can't be a UK fan. He used to say he wished we would fire Sandy Bell so we could cheat more and win more titles. He said cheating was cool as long as you don't get caught. Total lunacy and garbage that makes us look bad. He seems to be exactly who he is accusing Cal of being.......a fraud.
What's your other screennames? You seem to know a lot about the message board for a guy who just joined in January.

I'm guessing you're a branch that hangs from the same multiple-personality tree as Leadbelly.

Calipri has always thrown games. He threw the Tennessee game in the tournament. Didn’t want to win it. He thew the Memphis / Missouri game when he was taking the UK job. Everyone that knows how memphis played at that time knows it.

Sometimes it’s not even throwing the game. He feels losses equate to something and allows it to be lost. Not calling timeouts when your team is down 14 on a 10-0 run is also a good example of this. No coach trying everything to win a game would ever do that. He’s routine.

So he will throw games and he will allow games to go to the L column. The CC says “it doesn’t matter meaningless game” and that’s essentially admitting the game was basically thrown.
What is CC? Calipari has always thrown games, really? You are officially saying that? If you have evidence, report him. I really want you to report him and give all of your inside info. Please don't hold back. What a creep.

I don't know about throwing games but, I can say this...if Calipari starts insinuating UK fans should pull for UofL in any way shape or form just because KP is coaching there....he may get run out of Lexington.
Some things just aren't done.
You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
And you don't cheer for dirty, rat bastard cheaters called UofL

Here's a nice little suggestion...putting Gromcat and others like him who only post things to stir things up on ignore makes this place a LOT better place to be and makes it easier to enjoy...just a little suggestion...

Yep. It's a lot more enjoyable with a big ignore list.

The way things are going with the Knicks, I can definitely see KP going back to his alma mater for a HUGE paycheck. He will need time, will the Card fan base give him it??

As for DJ Wagner, why would he go ANYWHERE but UK after what Cal did for his father???
Any friendship Milt has with Kenny could NEVER match that.
According to the excellent special on 30 by 30 on Cal after the end of his one season Cal called him in his office and tore up his scholarship, then he got paid his $6,MILLION AND NEVER PLAYED A PLAY IAS A PRO.

So yeah, he and his Dad owe Cal something.

Reactions: Fox2monk and catben
Calipri has always thrown games. He threw the Tennessee game in the tournament. Didn’t want to win it. He thew the Memphis / Missouri game when he was taking the UK job. Everyone that knows how memphis played at that time knows it.

Sometimes it’s not even throwing the game. He feels losses equate to something and allows it to be lost. Not calling timeouts when your team is down 14 on a 10-0 run is also a good example of this. No coach trying everything to win a game would ever do that. He’s routine.

So he will throw games and he will allow games to go to the L column. The CC says “it doesn’t matter meaningless game” and that’s essentially admitting the game was basically thrown.
LOL

According to the excellent special on 30 by 30 on Cal after the end of his one season Cal called him in his office and tore up his scholarship, then he got paid his $6,MILLION AND NEVER PLAYED A PLAY IAS A PRO.

So yeah, he and his Dad owe Cal something.
Perhaps I misread this, but Dajuan Wagner played in 103 career NBA games over the course of 5 Seasons, so he did "play" in the NBA.
Cal pushing him out the door to make as much money as he could before his health issues ended his career was still the best decision for his career/livelihood though.

Reactions: Fox2monk and jauk11
Cal doesn't throw them per se, but he will let the team flounder on it's own with no input, ala Vandy 2012. I think he did the same with Tenn. He knew we were getting a 1 regardless in 2012, and he knew our 1/2 was gonna be baylors bracket so who cares who's 1 and who's 2? He does not try to win every game many times, but the idea is that it catches the team's attention and motivates them for later.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT