ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne Altercation

It’s probably a pretty tense locker room at this moment. Doesn’t sound like KP, but stuff can happen. But ul fans are probably looking for any reason to get him canned, so I’ll take it with a grain a salt until a legit source breaks it.

The UL circus never steps, they are a total mess of a program, and I love to see it. That being said, I doubt this altercation happened. If so, KP would have already been fired. When you owe a coach a lot of money, but don't want to pay his buyout you float stuff like this. IF he did hit a player, KP wouldn't get a dime of his buyout money. It happened last year at Auburn with Bryan Harsin. My guess is that the boosters will cut a check and settle with Kenny this season like they did with Chris Mack.

I have serious doubts Payne did anything or said anything that instigated a fight. If anything went wrong here Payne is the last guy who would be the one at fault. Hey, anyone could make a mistake but I've known him for nearly 15 years and it doesn't fit him.

This. Fired with cause. I hope we beat them in football this year. Good God, that would be amazing. They are already talking about our losses.
They should, it’s better when they chirp and get cocky, it’s makes the rivalry better. I still don’t think they are that good in football, they play really hard and have a good rb but they should honestly have 3 losses like uk does

ddddddddddd

Probably that former player throwing up 2 fingers. Coach thought it was a gun. Player just wanted to remind everyone of Katina.
Way I heard it was KP was trying to restrain a player who just found out a current hooker failed the health check. Screams from the latrine could heard in New Albany.

• Haha
Reactions: TyCatPrice14
I'm sure at this point he is thinking he might have made a mistake taking the Louisville job. You have to win, former player or not and he's not only losing, but he's also losing big, and it doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon.

The hometown of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5?????
angry michael jackson GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk and catben
I don't see Payne being employed by Louisville by May. Maybe January.
There just aren't any metrics showing the program is growing in the right direction
and earlier in the week he admits that UL will play many teams where they aren't the most talented.

Why a coach would say that at a press conference I have no idea

I also don't see him back at UK when he moves on from UL. That would just be a total admission of failure on his part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT