ADVERTISEMENT

Keldon Johnson: a poor man's Paul Pierce.

I've told it on here befoe, but I love this kid. My son spent a couple of years living in the lodge when he was in school, and KJ was the most "real" person on the team in his time there. My son used to run with him a bit: went to football/volleyball games, etc. I believe he still has (one of) his phone # and texts w/ him occassionally.

I've told it on here befoe, but I love this kid. My son spent a couple of years living in the lodge when he was in school, and KJ was the most "real" person on the team in his time there. My son used to run with him a bit: went to football/volleyball games, etc. I believe he still has (one of) his phone # and texts w/ him occassionally.
He’s got two phones, one for the ditches and one for the dough.

He would’ve been a spectacular upperclassmen. He had flashes as a freshman, but he was inconsistent and immature. I remember him blowing kisses to some girl when he was on the FT line 😂. He would’ve been one we loved as a junior.

Last edited:
I'm a little more bearish on Keldon. He's pretty streaky, and he hasn't had a great start to this season. Shooting 45/34/70 isn't going to get it done for a slightly undersized SF.

Now the Wemby addition will take time to adjust to.. but I see Keldon bouncing around the NBA a bit before ultimately becoming a bench player. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: KentuckyGentleman
I'm a little more bearish on Keldon. He's pretty streaky, and he hasn't had a great start to this season. Shooting 45/34/70 isn't going to get it done for a slightly undersized SF.

Now the Wemby addition will take time to adjust to.. but I see Keldon bouncing around the NBA a bit before ultimately becoming a bench player. Hope I'm wrong.
As bearish as you might be, did you, or any of us, see him turning into a 20+ scorer in the NBA?

Keldon has vastly surpassed what any of us thought he would be. He was a fringe all-star last year, and although he may never return to being a 20 ppg guy, he did it at least once, which is a feat that most guys in the NBA never even dream of sniffing.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

He’s been putting up huge stats in San Antonio so I don’t think that is gonna happen.

Reactions: BlueSince92
As bearish as you might be, did you, or any of us, see him turning into a 20+ scorer in the NBA?

Keldon has vastly surpassed what any of us thought he would be. He was a fringe all-star last year, and although he may never return to being a 20 ppg guy, he did it at least once, which is a feat that most guys in the NBA never even dream of sniffing.

That is true, I didn't see him making it this far. I personally was never really impressed with him at UK, and also felt he really could have used another year here. Instead, he choose to take a chance on even being a 1st round pick, which is fine, I guess. I'm not sure about the fringe all-star part though. He wasn't even in consideration for west coast front court players for all-star.

But he's done pretty well to beat expectations.

He’s been putting up huge stats in San Antonio so I don’t think that is gonna happen.

If SA is in the position to draft a lottery pick, which seems likely, and there's a chance to get a SF (Castle or if Edwards/Holland slip), they are going to take them and likely deal Keldon at some point. Keldons position is in no way safe in SAS. He's kind of a tweener, and let's be real, he put up numbers on one of NBAs worst teams last year.

Hey, I hope he explodes and has a great career. But I just don't see it happening.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT