ADVERTISEMENT

Can we have a real talk moment (that not many of you will like)

What most here aren’t considering is the change in college basketball overall.

Even if cal leaves, we’re not going to get players to stay five years. The portal has ruined that. Kids are looking for guarantees and assurances starting spots. They aren’t grinding as a roll player for three years to get their shot as a junior/senior. As much as I’d love to see players come in and grow and become the best possible college player they can be- that’s just simply not college basketball in 2024

When the right coach is available maybe look at making the move. I don’t see that right coach out there currently.
Nobody that I'm aware of has suggested kids staying five years. But a coach encouraging kids to leave after ONE YEAR is a coach we don't need. The college basketball landscape hasn't really changed in that regard. Always funny the different angles people will come up with to defend this mediocrity.

God, I really hate dealing with the lowest common denominator on here. The fans on here make it A LOT less enjoyable to be a UK fan than Cal does. And I know exactly what your response will be, “then stop getting on here.” I mostly don’t, because you all are such a miserable lot. Every now and then I convince myself a civilized discussion can be had here and then get upset at myself when I get baited into coming down to your level.
You don’t seem inclined to have a civilized discussion with anyone on here. You have basically chided just about every single poster on here who has attempted to engage you in disagreement.

I love the talent cal brings in, but hate how he coaches them or in a lot of cases doesn’t coach them. It’s just time for a change as cal is not best for the KY brand.

Bill Self has never allowed Kansas to be lower than a 4 seed, that’s pretty good sustained success.

Please allow me for a rebuttal, friend.

I've been here for almost 50 years. Paid my dues as a fan, supported UK thru thick and thin, there's my story. So I am no newcomer...... and I think you have completely missed the point.

You make a valid point, from a certain point of view. Using your own logic, why NOT have an Alabama level of success, or UConn women's success? Hell, UK cheerleading too ! That's CHEERLEADING at Kentucky for God sake ! If those other programs can do it, why should it NOT be the consistently NUMBER ONE program of ALL TIME ? If the cheerleaders here at UK can do it, why not should we demand and expect the best of the basketball program ? But that is a total digression from what the point should be.....

The point is having a team that can consistently WIN the SEC lock stock and barrel, as we always have. BUT NOT with Cal.

The point is having a team that consistently goes deep in the NCAA tournament year in year out ? But not with Cal.

But even that does not go into it enough ...

Here's the real "oversimplification" for those keeping track :

The primary point is this ... we need to have a coach that values Titles and Final Fours and puts TEAM KENTUCKY first. Not the other way around. Cal has always put the cart before the horse. The NBA draft will come to those players that prove themselves as a champion at Kentucky.

Furthermore, I would say that Kentucky should have a program that ALWAYS, every.single.year. has a great shot at winning it all. The very bottom line is : With Cal as coach, we do not have that ... and haven't for a half decade, and still in decline.

I don't really care how you cut it, but to defend the state of the program and/or the coach at this point is beyond ludicrous. The national media sees it. Most importantly, it's a solid 3 out of every 4 Kentucky FANS that see it now as well.

It's not even close. Not even close to the superfriends vs. Legion of Doom days with Tubby around here.

Time to move on from Cal, inject the program with a different attitude from Cal, different philosophy from Cal. Look at how Dan Hurley's philosophy is at UConn. THAT'S what Kentucky needs.

I came to this conclusion almost ten years ago. Watching the 15' team fail ( again, a lot due to Cal's coaching blunders in the now infamous Wisky game.....) and realizing then that kentucky would never make a Final Four with this guy as our coach again.

I've been right for almost ten years now about that, and it is just going downhill from here.

Look at it how you like, but the fact of the matter is : Kentucky's players win IN SPITE of Cal, not because of him, and the program is stagnant and not innovative. Cal is a cancer at this point. It's drifting into obscurity and ignominy as long as we stay with Cal.
I wanted to finally get around to saying something in response to this. I don’t agree with everything you said. An example, after his first year, I never once felt like Tubby had a team that would win the championship. I always entirely expected a flameout in the tournament; his style was just downright boring too. I still watched nearly every single game, and as you know, at a time when you had to set your schedule around watching the game as it happened, but I rarely felt excited during his tenure. I remember going to a game where I sat right behind the bench, not because I had those tickets, but because even the lower arena was 1/3rd empty with the lack of enthusiasm for the program. There’s other things I’d disagree with too, but that’s not what I came to say.

I don’t really pay attention to/keep up with specific poster names here. I have noticed your username several times though and I do appreciate that you are well spoken and thorough. People blasted me for being condescending; that’s not really my nature, but I do get caught up in it when others set the tone. You have strong opinions; most people do. I do. But at least yours have substance and aren’t full of vitriol. I didn’t want to immediately object to you when this post was fresh, because you expressed yourself well and people should see both sides of the argument before reaching their own conclusions.

Nobody that I'm aware of has suggested kids staying five years. But a coach encouraging kids to leave after ONE YEAR is a coach we don't need. The college basketball landscape hasn't really changed in that regard. Always funny the different angles people will come up with to defend this mediocrity.

Exactly. All of the teams winning the NCATT every year disagree.

I’m going to oversimplify a little here, but it’ll still communicate the point. Let’s go back over the last 50 years and look at UK during that time; look at the years when we were the best of the best or very nearly that. During that time there were maybe 3 years in the 70s that qualified, 5 years in the mid to late 90s, 5 years basically beginning with at the 10s, and throw in a couple years in the mid aughts to get a nice round number of 15. (The number comes out to about 15 however you want to evaluate particular decades)

That’s 15 years out of 50 that UK was the top dog or one of the top dogs. That’s a pretty impressive number. And yet, that’s less than 1/3rd of 50 years. What you guys are asking is an Alabama football, UK cheerleading, UConn women’s basketball level of success. If you look across the thousands of Division I sports programs, how many teams do you think achieve that level of success? It’s a nearly impossible feat.

What we have been is a top 25 level program for most of 100 years. That’s rarified air. Enjoy it. And enjoy that this year’s product is way more entertaining to watch than last year’s. Despite the near misses and some of the coaching buffoonery, it’s still a pretty exciting thing.

PS, even with all of the top level NBA talent we’ve churned out, they were still only 18-20 year old kids when they were here. How many of you - even if you were really good at what you did - got things perfect every single time at 18 or 19 years old? How many of you put in a stellar performance every single day?

I think you are over-inflating what most UK fans want

Almost UK fans are actually more reasonable than the ones who take up most of the conversation here.

We want to win SEC championships, regular season and conference tournament, want to be a good seed in the tournament, want to make at least the sweet 16 in our down years and hope for a final four/title in the great years.

Since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985 there have been 38 tournaments. If you take out the probation years where Uk was not eligible you have 35.

In those Kentucky has been the following seeds: times then (% rounded up)

1 seed - 10 (29%)
2 seed - 8 (23%)
3 seed - 2 (6%)
4 seed - 3 (8%)
5 seed - 2 (6%)
6 seed - 1 (3%)
8 seed - 4 (11%)
11 seed - 1 (3%)
12 seed - 1 (3% )

That shows Kentucky is expected to finish in the final 4 almost 30% of the tournaments since it has been expanded and we were eligible, elite 8 over 50% of the time!

That is pretty elite over that time period. We all know tournaments like this are a crapshoot and that’s why most fans just want to be in a position to be a contender every year making the final 8 or being projected to in over half of the tournaments is pretty impressive and fans want that.

The problem was with the end of the tubby years, both Billy G’s years and the end of the Cal years is it feels like we are not truly contenders. Even though they secured a 2 seed a few years ago they proceeded to get the worst tournament loss in school history. Without that loss then that year looks much better and who knows how it goes.

You are trying to point out that the fans shouldn’t expect too much when the numbers show they are expecting about normal for the last 35 years. Do you also want to acknowledge Cal being the only coach not on probation to miss the tournament 2 times while managing to have the worse season in school history in one of those years?

Another point about fan expectations and desires also has to do with roster building and sustainability. Growing up it was all about the players and team and watching them develop for four years and improving. Basketball has changed I get that but the constant roster turnover changes things logically. You don’t have your players coming back most of the time so each year it is great team/run or bust with that model and there have been a lot of busts lately.

If you want to be reasonable and have a conversation you have to also acknowledge the program history and the way the program has changed over the last several years. Record number of draft picks, nba all stars, 5 star recruits and one championship. You can at least acknowledge that the overall body of work is disappointing for the talent that has crossed through Lexington right? They don’t have to be perfect every game at 18 and 19 but need to be coached and game planned for when things don’t go according to plan. Also Kentucky is in the midst of one of its worst runs in program history since Covid. Is that ok for you as well?

Almost UK fans are actually more reasonable than the ones who take up most of the conversation here.

We want to win SEC championships, regular season and conference tournament, want to be a good seed in the tournament, want to make at least the sweet 16 in our down years and hope for a final four/title in the great years.

Since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985 there have been 38 tournaments. If you take out the probation years where Uk was not eligible you have 35.

1 seed - 10 (29%)
2 seed - 8 (23%)
3 seed - 2 (6%)
4 seed - 3 (8%)
5 seed - 2 (6%)
6 seed - 1 (3%)
8 seed - 4 (11%)
11 seed - 1 (3%)
12 seed - 1 (3% )

That shows Kentucky is expected to finish in the final 4 almost 30% of the tournaments since it has been expanded and we were eligible, elite 8 over 50% of the time!

That is pretty elite over that time period. We all know tournaments like this are a crapshoot and that’s why most fans just want to be in a position to be a contender every year making the final 8 or being projected to in over half of the tournaments is pretty impressive and fans want that.

The problem was with the end of the tubby years, both Billy G’s years and the end of the Cal years is it feels like we are not truly contenders. Even though they secured a 2 seed a few years ago they proceeded to get the worst tournament loss in school history. Without that loss then that year looks much better and who knows how it goes.

You are trying to point out that the fans shouldn’t expect too much when the numbers show they are expecting about normal for the last 35 years. Do you also want to acknowledge Cal being the only coach not on probation to miss the tournament 2 times while managing to have the worse season in school history in one of those years?

Another point about fan expectations and desires also has to do with roster building and sustainability. Growing up it was all about the players and team and watching them develop for four years and improving. Basketball has changed I get that but the constant roster turnover changes things logically. You don’t have your players coming back most of the time so each year it is great team/run or bust with that model and there have been a lot of busts lately.

If you want to be reasonable and have a conversation you have to also acknowledge the program history and the way the program has changed over the last several years. Record number of draft picks, nba all stars, 5 star recruits and one championship. You can at least acknowledge that the overall body of work is disappointing for the talent that has crossed through Lexington right? They don’t have to be perfect every game at 18 and 19 but need to be coached and game planned for when things don’t go according to plan. Also Kentucky is in the midst of one of its worst runs in program history since Covid. Is that ok for you as well?
Excellent post!!!! Thank you for all of the research time and the time it took for calculations, etc., plus just writing it. I don't know that most posters may not realize just how much time it takes. And I personally am grateful for posts like your's because as I've said before on here, I love Kentucky basketball, but I don't know a lot of the stats like you calculated and listed above. I love to learn and posts like your's are valuable in that regard. So, thank you very much from a grateful UK/BIG BLUE fan!!

And to other posters who have spent the time to do similar posts, thank you all as well. I try to mention it at the time I read everyone's posts, but sometimes the time gets away from me. And there are some on this site that are too busy looking for an argument, to notice the work involved.

So thanks to everyone for my ongoing education about my favorite school and team!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

I've been here for almost 50 years. Paid my dues as a fan, supported UK thru thick and thin, there's my story. So I am no newcomer...... and I think you have completely missed the point.

You make a valid point, from a certain point of view. Using your own logic, why NOT have an Alabama level of success, or UConn women's success? Hell, UK cheerleading too ! That's CHEERLEADING at Kentucky for God sake ! If those other programs can do it, why should it NOT be the consistently NUMBER ONE program of ALL TIME ? If the cheerleaders here at UK can do it, why not should we demand and expect the best of the basketball program ? But that is a total digression from what the point should be.....

The point is having a team that can consistently WIN the SEC lock stock and barrel, as we always have. BUT NOT with Cal.

The point is having a team that consistently goes deep in the NCAA tournament year in year out ? But not with Cal.

The primary point is this ... we need to have a coach that values Titles and Final Fours and puts TEAM KENTUCKY first. Not the other way around. Cal has always put the cart before the horse. The NBA draft will come to those players that prove themselves as a champion at Kentucky.

Furthermore, I would say that Kentucky should have a program that ALWAYS, every.single.year. has a great shot at winning it all. The very bottom line is : With Cal as coach, we do not have that ... and haven't for a half decade, and still in decline.

I don't really care how you cut it, but to defend the state of the program and/or the coach at this point is beyond ludicrous. The national media sees it. Most importantly, it's a solid 3 out of every 4 Kentucky FANS that see it now as well.

It's not even close. Not even close to the superfriends vs. Legion of Doom days with Tubby around here.

Time to move on from Cal, inject the program with a different attitude from Cal, different philosophy from Cal. Look at how Dan Hurley's philosophy is at UConn. THAT'S what Kentucky needs.

I came to this conclusion almost ten years ago. Watching the 15' team fail ( again, a lot due to Cal's coaching blunders in the now infamous Wisky game.....) and realizing then that kentucky would never make a Final Four with this guy as our coach again.

I've been right for almost ten years now about that, and it is just going downhill from here.

Look at it how you like, but the fact of the matter is : Kentucky's players win IN SPITE of Cal, not because of him, and the program is stagnant and not innovative. Cal is a cancer at this point. It's drifting into obscurity and ignominy as long as we stay with Cal.
I have been around for 60 years. I'm not trying to defend Cal because I think he has been underperforming the last several years. He absolutely needs to do better or leave. I agree with the point that the coach should put the team first and the draft will take care of itself. I will say, in spite of some of the stupid things Cal says, I can't say with certainty that isn't focused on winning. What fans think is more speculation than anything because we don't really see how coaches are behind the scenes.

That being said, Kentucky has never had a program that "always, every single year, has a great shot at winning it all". So it's a little unfair to expect that from Cal, or any other coach. That was not true under Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Smith, Gillispie, or Cal. Pitino probably came the closest to what you want.

I think many on here exagerate on how many players Cal has "encouraged" to leave after 1 year. I think that list is probably limited to Cousins, MKG, possibly Goodwin (if Cal didn't want him back), possibly Booker, possibly SGA, possibly Boston (if Cal didn't want him back). So 2 guys, and possibly 4 others, so probably just 3-4 guys. And MKG was the right decision for him, he was never going to learn how to shoot, so go while the NBA thinks you are a top 3 pick before they realize "he can't shoot". And he also did 1 2nd year player (Ulis), who was also the right decision, unless Cal/UK was going to invent someway to make him grow 3-6".

Reactions: Seakat311
I have been around for 60 years. I'm not trying to defend Cal because I think he has been underperforming the last several years. He absolutely needs to do better or leave. I agree with the point that the coach should put the team first and the draft will take care of itself. I will say, in spite of some of the stupid things Cal says, I can't say with certainty that isn't focused on winning. What fans think is more speculation than anything because we don't really see how coaches are behind the scenes.

That being said, Kentucky has never had a program that "always, every single year, has a great shot at winning it all". So it's a little unfair to expect that from Cal, or any other coach. That was not true under Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Smith, Gillispie, or Cal. Pitino probably came the closest to what you want.
Than you for an extremely well written response, that iswhat should be at the heart of a true message board right there !

GREAT DISCUSSION !

And I think you are absolutely fair in your assessment. While I can agree that my "every.single.year." comment may fall short of an absolute truth (it does) I would say this :

1 - The pitino years probably do constitute the closest we have ever come to that as a truth and

2 - I guess what I am trying to convey is that there has always been a SENSE that Kentucky has a legit shot every single year. - even if, in reality, we might not.

That gets maybe more to the whole point of everything continuing with Cal as coach here.

Beating Kentucky still means something important to everybody. They rush the court when they beat us ! Good enough of a point for me ! But when we field teams where we, the fans, do not feel confident we will win every single time we step onto the floor, where each year, we dont feel like we have a legit shot at winning a title with our team....

then something is incredibly wrong with the state of affairs at Kentucky.

Be it fair or not. Cal took the job as coach here. Nothing about being coach at Kentucky is a fair thing. It's a relentlessly fickle beast. Succeed, everyone wants more. Win by 30, it shoulda been 40. Win by 40, it shoulda been 50.

However, the glass for us is no longer half full. It's half empty. AN empty feeling YEAR IN YEAR OUT, GAME IN, GAME OUT. People are losing interest. Losing, or lost, any confidence in the direction of the program. The buzzards are circling us like they did for Indiana.

It seems to me, however it is dissected, the time has come to move on from John Calipari. However hesitant at the unknown future such a change holds, the results bear out that the time has come for a change. And if one does not agree that the results do that, then the feeling that it has, for many of us, absolutely do.

I'll always support Kentucky. Until I die. I wish it only the best results possible. And the results with another coach can most certainly be better.

At least, it SHOULD BE.

That would be a bad thing if it were true. But it’s not. Cal has never once encouraged a player to leave.

You can’t find one ounce of evidence to support that fiction that is bandied about here by the usual suspects.

That would be a bad thing if it were true. But it’s not. Cal has never once encouraged a player to leave.

You can’t find one ounce of evidence to support that fiction that is bandied about here by the usual suspects.
200w.gif

@WildcatsAndBourbon , you lose this round.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I like the "half a decade" line, trying to make 5 years sound longer than they are, especially with one tournament cancelled. I get the frustration from fans, I'm frustrated too, but you all act like we've been to the final four every years except the last 8. We've had plenty of stretches, with good coaches, where we didn't make a final four. A shot here or there against North Carolina or Auburn in the Elite Eight, are you happy then? Review the history. We have had droughts, when we were close, but didn't make it. Social media just makes certain fans louder. To say 3 of 4 UK fans are against Cal is absolutely false. Maybe 3 out of 4 here, but most people on here don't go to games, don't listen to press conferences, etc. They rely on a few to feed them a distorted view of the crowd at Rupp or what Cal said in his pressers. The last three games people have come on here and complained about something Cal "said" in his post game press conference that he never actually said. So to treat this site as an indication of the normal UK fan is misguided. As someone else said earlier, some of you people act like you have nothing else in your life other than UK basketball. Go spend some time with your kids or grandkids. Try to be a little happier in your life. This isn't life or death.
"Try to be a little happier in your life. This isn't life or death."

This is one of the last things fans of bleeding programs say when they can't defend the downward trend anymore.

If none of it truly matters that much, why comment at all? You "bigger life perspective" chaps are absolutely hilarious coming on a sports message board and condescendingly telling fans to take a step back.

Wrong medium, sir. Maybe save such speeches for Sunday school class or the next local memorial service.

1 seed - 10 (29%)
2 seed - 8 (23%)
3 seed - 2 (6%)
4 seed - 3 (8%)
5 seed - 2 (6%)
6 seed - 1 (3%)
8 seed - 4 (11%)
11 seed - 1 (3%)
12 seed - 1 (3% )

AWESOME , knock out punch delivered to the troll.
@WildcatsAndBourbon , you lose this round.
brutal knockout .

I can't understand why everyone on this board either loves or hates Calipari. I support him because he is the coach of the team I love and have followed for over 60 years. I have supported every coach since Rupp and if Cal is replaced, I will support whoever the new coach is. If we get a new coach, he might be better or he might be worse but i'll be rooting for him because I want my team to do well.
And there’s nothing wrong with you being this way. I was for over 25 years but it just sickens me to watch our program suffer for draft picks when we only celebrate championships. We’ve taken our eye off the prize here. Individual awards come from team accomplishments. That will never change. The program needs recalibrating. Can this guy do it at his age? I personally do not think so but I’d sure love to be proven wrong. Used to be, when we came into the building, people stopped what they were doing and paid us respect. Hell man, that gets in their head before the game even starts, we are halfway to winning already. That’s what I want back. I want a team that never quits, never gives up. That’s Kentucky Basketball.

God, I really hate dealing with the lowest common denominator on here. The fans on here make it A LOT less enjoyable to be a UK fan than Cal does. And I know exactly what your response will be, “then stop getting on here.” I mostly don’t, because you all are such a miserable lot. Every now and then I convince myself a civilized discussion can be had here and then get upset at myself when I get baited into coming down to your level.
then leave no one is forcing you to post. Brother 95% completely disagree with you.

AWESOME , knock out punch delivered to the troll.

brutal knockout .
One thing I do enjoy about coming on here is knowing that anybody else here with even half a brain can clearly see those who aren’t working with even that much. I’d probably have a foul temper too if I had to play life with such a disadvantage in the intellect department. But look, I get it, bad luck is a very real thing and in some cases, like your own, that situation even applies to the thought process.

One thing I do enjoy about coming on here is knowing that anybody else here with even half a brain can clearly see those who aren’t working with even that much. I’d probably have a foul temper too if I had to play life with such a disadvantage in the intellect department. But look, I get it, bad luck is a very real thing and in some cases, like your own, that situation even applies to the thought process.
Just take the L, chump. You earned it.

Reactions: Jont0805
I can't understand why everyone on this board either loves or hates Calipari. I support him because he is the coach of the team I love and have followed for over 60 years. I have supported every coach since Rupp and if Cal is replaced, I will support whoever the new coach is. If we get a new coach, he might be better or he might be worse but i'll be rooting for him because I want my team to do well.
Holy ish, there is someone on this board that gets it!

Awesome awesome post! Never been said any better on this site. I feel exactly the same way but you nailed it better than I could have put in words.

Just take the L, chump. You earned it.
I guess I can take the L. I looked up your how to videos on taking the D, so at least I have proof of concept. Quick critique though, there was no need for you to post a couple hundred of those videos. A handful would have gotten the point across; then again it’s clear that you’re never satisfied with just one handful.

To most everyone else, thank you for the completeness of the discussion. There’s definitely some good points on the other side. The guy who broke down the past since the tournament expansion, in particular, did a really good job. I’m not going to write anymore after repeating these three things: I really love this year’s team. Cal absolutely has done things this year that many people have been asking for. I AM afraid of ending up with an even worse product if Cal gets ousted.

I guess I can take the L. I looked up your how to videos on taking the D, so at least I have proof of concept. Quick critique though, there was no need for you to post a couple hundred of those videos. A handful would have gotten the point across; then again it’s clear that you’re never satisfied with just one handful.

To most everyone else, thank you for the completeness of the discussion. There’s definitely some good points on the other side. The guy who broke down the past since the tournament expansion, in particular, did a really good job. I’m not going to write anymore after repeating these three things: I really love this year’s team. Cal absolutely has done things this year that many people have been asking for. I AM afraid of ending up with an even worse product if Cal gets ousted.
Thanks Ellen.

And you obviously have general anger management issues. This is a perfect example of why I wouldn’t listen to you people if I were the coach either.

And let me add…to win it all you need the dudes, the dudes who are going to punk the other team and will your team to win basically each and every time. We’ve had Mashburn, and Prince, and Ulis, and Wall and Cousins and still lost games, lost championships. Even with the dudes of dudes, there’s no guarantee, especially when there are three wild cards out there doing their best to make sure certain games go certain ways. Sheppard may be that guy (in two more years) or Dillingham or maybe Booker was or Monk was after another year or two, but you’re looking for perfection in kids that just don’t have that much experience yet. Or you’re looking for someone who wasn’t that good to start with to somehow become that good. This fanbase entitlement and expectations are just WOW. And yes, I go to bed in a bad mood after a loss, sometimes a really bad mood, but life goes on. Apparently, for some of you, this is all you have.

You guys asked for a lot from Cal this year, and guess what, he’s given us most of that. He didn’t come all the way back like we hoped, but it’s not this utter dogshit team that people act like it is. He has tried. And succeeded, some. I will admit, he let things get too bad, before making these changes.
So basically since most on here don't think like you we are less than you. Your opinion is all that matters. Everyone else is wrong and you are right. A thousand people telling you one thing but you are smarter than all of them so they are wrong. Do you not see how you are coming across to people on here with your tone and your remarks? All we need to do is look at the first 2 sentences and see it. If you want to have a civil conversation stop telling everyone they are wrong and you are right. maybe just maybe open your mind to their viewpoints and they might open theirs to your viewpoints. Don't just get on here and blast someone because they have a different opinion than yours. But hey you be you if that is what you want to do then by all means that is your right.

I like the "half a decade" line, trying to make 5 years sound longer than they are, especially with one tournament cancelled. I get the frustration from fans, I'm frustrated too, but you all act like we've been to the final four every years except the last 8. We've had plenty of stretches, with good coaches, where we didn't make a final four. A shot here or there against North Carolina or Auburn in the Elite Eight, are you happy then? Review the history. We have had droughts, when we were close, but didn't make it. Social media just makes certain fans louder. To say 3 of 4 UK fans are against Cal is absolutely false. Maybe 3 out of 4 here, but most people on here don't go to games, don't listen to press conferences, etc. They rely on a few to feed them a distorted view of the crowd at Rupp or what Cal said in his pressers. The last three games people have come on here and complained about something Cal "said" in his post game press conference that he never actually said. So to treat this site as an indication of the normal UK fan is misguided. As someone else said earlier, some of you people act like you have nothing else in your life other than UK basketball. Go spend some time with your kids or grandkids. Try to be a little happier in your life. This isn't life or death.
I want Cal gone. But I despise the constant haters on here. The slurpers are just as bad. There just isnt as many of them now Half I'm convinced aren't UK fans.
Like you said there is a large group that lives on here. I have sleeping issues. I check in 3-4 times a week on average and maybe once or twice total during the entire offseason.
Some on here I don't think ever spend time out doors.

And there’s nothing wrong with you being this way. I was for over 25 years but it just sickens me to watch our program suffer for draft picks when we only celebrate championships. We’ve taken our eye off the prize here. Individual awards come from team accomplishments. That will never change. The program needs recalibrating. Can this guy do it at his age? I personally do not think so but I’d sure love to be proven wrong. Used to be, when we came into the building, people stopped what they were doing and paid us respect. Hell man, that gets in their head before the game even starts, we are halfway to winning already. That’s what I want back. I want a team that never quits, never gives up. That’s Kentucky Basketball.
It sounds like we agree on most of the things you are saying. The biggest difference is that it sounds like you have given up on the team because you don't believe Cal can get the job done any longer. You may be right but I'll be rooting for him to succeed as long as he is our coach.

I'm not reading all the responses but I've said this a couple hundred times.

Coach Cal was suppose to be the perfect marriage and it was for a little while... you can throw history or whatever against the wall and I'll get it. End of day though this marriage was supposed to be different.

The expectations when he was hired was through the roof. No one would of expected this 14 years later.

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT