ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox decision coming soon

Yeah, for sure, Bradshaw would be very good as well. Sounds like Somto can't stretch the floor like Z and Bradshaw. Give me one of them back for year 2 (while still happy to have Somto in the fold).
Somto is gonna bring a rebounding and physical nature we are missing but he won’t do much his first year here outside getting us boards and defense hopefully. Definitely need Z and Bradshaw back. Quaintance will be great.

Reactions: true blue1
This is best case scenario. Let him grow and see if he can develop anymore. Next years not gonna be a year to coddle guys who aren’t ready. Let him come in with Dybsanta the next year when he won’t be a focal point.
Why have an announcement?

This is best case scenario. Let him grow and see if he can develop anymore. Next years not gonna be a year to coddle guys who aren’t ready. Let him come in with Dybsanta the next year when he won’t be a focal point.
You realize if he stays another year with OTE he’s doing so to enter the draft the next year?

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Everyone does but we have had plenty that fit his mold that weren’t the greatest. He reminds me of Whitney level from what I’ve seen.
I'll withhold judgement until after the McDonald's game.
Before anyone says you can't tell anything about a player from a meaningless all star game, name a player who struggled here as a freshman but wasn't lackluster in the McDonald's game.
AB had a decent game last year but his struggles are nowhere near Whitney or EJ.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Top 20 draft pick on next years mock draft. Sure we they don’t want him lol. Would be a good pickup.

He’s no good man, and he won’t end up that high mark the post and come back next year. It’s easily seen go watch him play. He’s just, nah. Do not want.

I heard from someone tonight that UL was announcing this upcoming week that Payne will be let go. Let’s see if he has good info.
Makes sense because UL will probably get bounced in the 1st round of the ACCT and the season will be over.

What changed?I don't know why people are so down on this kid.Not a star but a nice piece to have.
His recruitment just feels so similar to his brothers. Where nobody on the weeks leading up his commitment, or even on the day thinks it’s Kentucky, and then in Kevin’s case he picked Kentucky. I get similar vibes from this recruitment as well.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I still want top 20 recruits to commit to Kentucky basketball.
We have all been conditioned to want the top ranked recruits going all the way back to when recruiting rankings became a thing (the 70s?). Those guys usually developed into good/great players before they left college (occasionally after a Soph. or Jr. year, but often after their Sr. year).

The reason I think it’s different now, especially at UK, is twofold. The top ranked recruits leave after one year before developing into a good/great college player. The other is Calipari’s roster construction model has basically been to rely on OADs to the exclusion of experience and maturity for the core of and to carry his teams. Trading perceived high ceiling freshmen for currently better upperclassmen.

If you’re going to take a sure-fire OAD, then I think it would make more sense to take the ones with more highly developed skills (particularly shooting if a 2G or SF). With Knox, I believe many here think he’s an OAD that’s going to play SF and is not yet a good dependable 3 pt. shooter; plus his commitment probably means UK won’t try to bring in a currently better SF from the transfer portal.

Many people reported last night it’s looking UK. Guess Cal needs another body for practice

I know some people are down on him, but with all the players set to walk out the door after this season we need everyone we can get. Ill take him.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
Knox is a 34% three point shooter. Not bad. He started in the gutter but got on a hot streak at the end of his season.

I like his game as a tweener wing, but I'm not sure what he adds that we won't already have in Richmond, Burks, and Thiero next season.

I'd rather have Peterson or an elite portal guy, or even Edwards miraculously come back.

Knox is not the impact player his big brother was, but he is still one of the best uncommitted players left in the class. It would be better to sign him than not. Cal is going to need more players because 3/4 of our current team will be gone. Knox won't pick UL because he knows KP may be fired. I think it's UK versus USF, and my gut says he picks USF (which is where his other brother plays). He had a great visit to USF. But if he picks UK, that would not be shocking.

I'd rather have Peterson or an elite portal guy, or even Edwards miraculously come back.

This isn't an either/or situation. We are going to need more players, and Knox for better or worse is one of the best uncommitted players left in the class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT