ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox decision coming soon

So what to all that?

If Knox is hell bent on one and done…it’s a waste of time. Cal would force him into some rotation and forgoe a better forward in portal

If he is about multi year…then it’s a different conversation.
I somehow don't envision having a discussion about playing multiple years, with a 5* player.

I still wish we could find a way to get Big Z's twin brother cleared and bring both of them back for next years team. Big Z could return either way but having his brother as well would be great for future international recruits.
Okay I'm for sure out of the loop. Does Big Z really have a brother that plays?

Think there's a disagreement in what each side sees as the plan to get him where he wants to get and think UK is waiting to see what happens with their own '24 roster and can't answer their questions before he's to decide.
Makes sense. I was wondering about the 24 class in terms of the guys who may come back from the team this year . I don’t expect most back but it wouldn’t shock me if some guys this board expect will leave will actually come back and I’m not talking about Reed lol .

Makes sense. I was wondering about the 24 class in terms of the guys who may come back from the team this year . I don’t expect most back but it wouldn’t shock me if some guys this board expect will leave will actually come back and I’m not talking about Reed lol .
There's at least discussions but the issue isn't that anything will change as much as the program can't tell a guy who is about to decide a definitive answer and for some reason Knox Sr changed tune from Summer/Fall. He originally mentioned that he understood how UK operates, etc...but then it was "we're looking at roster..." and that's fine. Not a criticism but just how things changed.

I’m all in on Darryn Peterson, he is the type of scorer next years team needs

Sorry I don’t want Knox. Traditional fringe wanna be OAD athlete who can’t shoot and really doesn’t want to here here anyway. That’s the vibe I get. Too many other better options out there I’m sure. Another case of “I’m tall and kinda athletic” so I play but not that well” sort of deal. Never have wanted him. I won’t be mad if he comes but it’s just more of the same with Calipari recruiting and in my mind this ain’t bringing championships. Would rather dodge the bullet and see him at UL.

Should have Boogie, Perry, and either Reed or DJ. At G. Will have Thiero at SF or PF and likely Ugo at Center and maybe Bradshaw.

Only Mitchell, Reeves, and RD0 are definitely leaving.

Reed if top 5-10 I cant see staying but if Tim Duncan passed on 1st pick twice who knows.

Z - he could really rise into lottery with a few more good gsmes. He's a NBA dream as he basically a younger Jokic . Trwms will regret passing on him in today's gsme.

Edwards - if he had another few games like Bama then he would go . Right now noone want him he has chance at returning or transfer.

I don't see us needing any recruits more thsn what we got.

Boogie, Reed, Edwards, Thiero, Ugo /Bradshaw. At best

Boogie, DJ/Perry, Quintance ,Thiero , UGO at worst .

We're not bad at all next year as it stands . Cal just cant push kids out.
He never has pushed anyone out.

Five star 6-7 small forward recruit Liam McNeely just decommitted from IU. Ranked the 15 best player and said to be a sharp shooter. Why don't we go after him? A small forward sharp shooter is always hard to find. If Edwards goes will be a position of need unless we get out of the portal.
He’s got the Adidas hooks in him. Kansas was his 2nd place school when he chose IU. Everyone saying Kansas.

Maybe he’ll surprise us.

Five star 6-7 small forward recruit Liam McNeely just decommitted from IU. Ranked the 15 best player and said to be a sharp shooter. Why don't we go after him? A small forward sharp shooter is always hard to find. If Edwards goes will be a position of need unless we get out of the portal.
I said the same but he’s Adidas thru and thru and word is it’s Kansas that’s why he decommited.

Knox will be announcing his college choice tomorrow.
I don't expect him to choose UK, but if anyone wants to get a glimpse of what he looks like (Somto is also playing) their OTE team plays in the finals tonight and the next few days. it's a best of 5.

I believe tonight is streamed on Prime video at 7est and tomorrow's game will be live on YouTube

Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I don't expect him to choose UK, but if anyone wants to get a glimpse of what he looks like (Somto is also playing) their OTE team plays in the finals tonight and the next few days. it's a best of 5.

I believe tonight is streamed on Prime video at 7est and tomorrow's game will be live on YouTube
Nice! I tried to find the NFL games on prime on my TV and never could. Maybe because it’s a really old 1080p smart TV or something but it never worked all season.

Yeah I saw that also, he supposed to announce at halftime during that game.

I always want talented players, but him committing to a dead coach walking at UL tomorrow would be by far the funniest result possible.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Bradshaw may be more likely, I would like either one.
Yeah, for sure, Bradshaw would be very good as well. Sounds like Somto can't stretch the floor like Z and Bradshaw. Give me one of them back for year 2 (while still happy to have Somto in the fold).

Top 20 draft pick on next years mock draft. Sure we they don’t want him lol. Would be a good pickup.

Top 20 draft pick on next years mock draft. Sure we they don’t want him lol. Would be a good pickup.
I mean his game isn't going to translate to winning basketball at the college level IMO. He's the type of player that I think will have a lot of 7-20 games next year, and I think that's what he wants. A place where he can basically be the focal point or Team that needs someone to take shots whether they are great or not.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I still want top 20 recruits to commit to Kentucky basketball.

Hope we get Big Z back.
Terrance Oglesby(?) field of 68 said he was having dinner with an agent last night. Dauster mentioned about BigZ future. Oglesby said I know what BigZs future is, but before he could give us a scoop, Dauster moved onto something else.

Just speculating if Oglesby talking to an agent, BigZ may be moving on after season... but I don't know

I heard from someone tonight that UL was announcing this upcoming week that Payne will be let go. Let’s see if he has good info.

I'm 90% it will be OTE again.
This is best case scenario. Let him grow and see if he can develop anymore. Next years not gonna be a year to coddle guys who aren’t ready. Let him come in with Dybsanta the next year when he won’t be a focal point.

This is best case scenario. Let him grow and see if he can develop anymore. Next years not gonna be a year to coddle guys who aren’t ready. Let him come in with Dybsanta the next year when he won’t be a focal point.
A month ago I was told he was coming here, but last week it's been said he is staying with OTE. The south Florida buzz is all smoke IMO. We shall see I guess but I'd be surprised if he chooses anything but OTE.

I want shooters too but dear 8 pound 10 oz baby Jesus let them be able to guard someone. We have wasted one of the best offensive teams in UK history by having guys that can't guard. Imagine the season we could've had if they could just quit ball watching and stay in front of their man.
Or if the coach would make adjustments and play zone sometimes. No not one play every 4 games.

Reactions: seccats04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT