ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Arkansas Exhibition Friday

Holy fũck
You are as crazy as your head coach if you think beating this version of KU made a statement tonight. After cutting the lead to 12 with a chance to get it to 10, the same egghead player handed the ball to Boggie and DJ like a quarterback giving the ball to his running back. If KU could have just hit a few of their 3 pointers the game would have been much different.

I think it’s cute the Arkansas fans are over here begging for acceptance though. Do you all even have a board?
happy on my way GIF by Tirol

His friends are outside until dark.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
You are as crazy as your head coach if you think beating this version of KU made a statement tonight. After cutting the lead to 12 with a chance to get it to 10, the same egghead player handed the ball to Boggie and DJ like a quarterback giving the ball to his running back. If KU could have just hit a few of their 3 pointers the game would have been much different.
Listen, this isn’t KU of 24-25. No argument there. But they had three returning starters out there including an AA PG. Saying that a D3 school, or whatever the sisters of the poor you played division is in, is better is without doubt the worst basketball take I’ve ever seen.

Congrats.

Y’all have a good one.

Arky looked good tonight. Fland seems dynamic on both ends. Wagner looked good. Z looked improved.

It’s just hard to get a read on Cal’s teams, because UK looked damn good in the early season last year too. Are they built for the long haul is the question. But, looked damn good tonight.

KU may be down some players, but they looked lost.

Listen, this isn’t KU of 24-25. No argument there. But they had three returning starters out there including an AA PG. Saying that a D3 school, or whatever the sisters of the poor you played division is in, is better is without doubt the worst basketball take I’ve ever seen.

Congrats.

Y’all have a good one.
The KU team of last year couldn't shoot either. Having 3 returning starters from last year who couldn't shoot proves what? They still can't shoot, Lol. We scored 38 more points than you did and all of the excuses in the world won't change that.

Hogs looked good against KU and we know who was out for Jayhawks but thought they looked good and Hogs were without Aidoo.

I'm more concerned about UK basketball and all I learned tonight were things I knew:

1. Cal needed a change of scenery just as bad as Kentucky
2. Boogie Fland is awesome
3. DJ Wagner was smart to stay in CBB
4. Kentucky has moved on and can enjoy what they have as a program again too

I appreciate what Cal did at UK and it was just time to for both parties to split. Just think belittling or looking for reasons to dig at each other is odd. I mean UK played a style that was fun to watch and what fans have wanted to see and hopefully nobody ran over to Arkansas's board to brag about it. No need to. Coming here to talk about this win tonight is same for Arkansas or Cal fans. What's the point? Sometimes a move was needed for everyone involved.

Hogs looked good against KU and we know who was out for Jayhawks but thought they looked good and Hogs were without Aidoo.

I'm more concerned about UK basketball and all I learned tonight were things I knew:

I appreciate what Cal did at UK and it was just time to for both parties to split. Just think belittling or looking for reasons to dig at each other is odd. I mean UK played a style that was fun to watch and what fans have wanted to see and hopefully nobody ran over to Arkansas's board to brag about it. No need to. Coming here to talk about this win tonight is same for Arkansas or Cal fans. What's the point? Sometimes a move was needed for everyone involved.
Why do you sound like an apologist?

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Z inproved but it’s fool’s gold. He is not going to be backing down any skilled bigs with size around the basket or ripping any boards away from them. So why not let him practice what he actually does really well and what the league almost certainly wants him for and what you’ll need from him yourself to actually go deep in the tournament? Another blown opportunity.

Other than that I’ll admit they actually looked really good notwithstanding KU was obviously without 2ish of their best players. But it still comes with all Cal’s baggage.

I was surprised how easy it was to watch him coach and not resent him. Not have to fight down the urge to loathe him. It was good to see him happy. In fact, truth be told, it was a lot easier to wish him well coaching another team than try to keep doing it with him here blocking our path to a better coach.

So instead of just tipping your cap and acknowledge that we are really good, you double down that Arkansas sucks and raise it that Kansas sucks. Man it’s gonna be a long season if you dig in to this position.

So you’re taking the field over Arkansas, thats a bold position.

oh you poor dumb summer child. Last year we looked worlds better than you did tonight and we lost to Oakland. Cal will find a way to eff it up, put it into your mantra and thank me for the wisdom later.

I think after tonight’s performance I would expect Arkansas to move into the Top-5, especially if Kansas is the #1 team in the nation. Does that make you feel any better?
I’ll play the odds you aren’t the cocky at the end of the season. Arkansas looked pretty good tonight but sadly this is as good as it gets. As the season goes on your team will hit a wall and everyone else will progress. No one had scouted Cal at Arkansas. He is a 1 trick pony. Once the team is scouted and the weakness is revealed that is folks.

One day you guys will learn shooting 3s isn't the end all be all of an offense. They scored 1.15 points per possession tonight, which is very close to where we started the season last year with all our 3 point shooting.
It is when the CBB teams shoot 3's now. Just wait and watch when they go up against a team that can hit 13+ 3s

It is when the CBB teams shoot 3's now. Just wait and watch when they go up against a team that can hit 13+ 3s
Shooting 3s is irrelevant if your points per possession isn't where it needs to be. It can help you get a higher points per possession, but shooting more 3s isn't automatically better.

A team that makes 15 3s a game and scores 1.15 points per possession is objectively worse than a team that hits 7 and scores 1.20 points per possession.

Reactions: flash123
I wish we got Fland and Big Z.. those 2 would have killed it here with Pope's offense but they will be hard to guard at Arky.

Arkansas looked good , but I wouldnt be able to say how good like I cant say how good we looked on Wed. KU is better than Ky Wes. even without their 2 best players but when a team cant shoot to save their life and turning the ball over so many times and all of that leading to the more athletic team having run out layups and dunks...... well its hard to know how Arky will do against a team that is defending seriously with a game plan and can shoot the ball well enough that Arky cant just play a transition game.

Arkansas looked athletic and I will possibly miss that this year. Z got burnt several times on defense in the short time I watched the game tonight. It will be interesting to see how they handle it on a bad shooting night and or foul trouble in SEC play. The league is brutal and gonna be some big boy basketball.

Reactions: chroix
Well this will be a fun year. Arkansas fans have lucked into some relevancy after taking up our sloppy seconds. So naturally they will be here to rub whatever success they have in our face, literally for no reason.

Then we have our big blue brethren suddenly riddled with bitterness and paranoia toward an Arkansas program that they previously couldn’t care less about. We out here rooting for Kansas now? Is this Cal derangement syndrome? Hey I’m guilty myself. I don’t want to see the shitshow that comes with Cal winning away from Kentucky.

In 5 years this will all be a passing memory. Cal will be retired and he will come “home” like Rick just did. Arky will fall back off the map like always. We will still be Kentucky.

I feel great, it’s a long season, where we’re ranked now really doesn’t matter.
The biggest takeaway that I had from last nights game, was something that we have not seen from a Cal coached Kentucky team in 4 years. For some reason, Arkansas actually played defense.....and in Cal's last 4 seasons UK has coached and played arguably the worst defense in D1 basketball. IF Cal has rededicated himself to attempting to play defense, Arkansas will be very good.

Reactions: nptb and chroix
For some reason, Arkansas actually played defense.....and in Cal's last 4 seasons UK has coached and played arguably the worst defense in D1 basketball. IF Cal has rededicated himself to attempting to play defense, Arkansas will be very good.

Some on here are gonna hate because they don’t want to admit it, but Arkansas is good. This is a good cal team, and they will be good all year. Now they may fizzle out early in the tourney, but Arkansas has all the pieces of good cal teams. Kentucky will be good also, and we have a style that is set up for future success. With all that being said, fland sure would have been nice to have here in Lexington, he is a baller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT