ADVERTISEMENT

Kahlil Whitney declares for the NBA draft

He shouldn’t be wearing his UK uniform in that photo because everyone knows he didn’t do a damn thing at Kentucky before quitting in the middle of the season. Didn’t prove anything here and he thinks that he can make it in the NBA? Guess we’ll see how it works out for him but not confident that he will actually make it in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
a couple of things

first , for those saying the kid can't play ball - he was a highly anticipated recruit for Kentucky. He can play ball - that or our talent evaluation staff needs to be replaced, so lets just go with he can play ball./QUOTE]

Cal has more than once taken players that are supreme athletes with not much basketball skill in the hopes he can develop them. WCS, Lee, Goodwin, Poythress, Hami, etc.

first , for those saying the kid can't play ball - he was a highly anticipated recruit for Kentucky. He can play ball - that or our talent evaluation staff needs to be replaced, so lets just go with he can play ball.

Did you not watch him here? He couldn't dribble, shoot or pass, looked lost on defense, didn't rebound either. He did not demonstrate a single basketball skill that he did well.

If he "can play ball", he kept it a tight secret during his time at UK.

Last edited:
Did you not watch him here? He couldn't dribble, shoot or pass, looked lost on defense, didn't rebound either. He did not demonstrate a single basketball skill that he did well.

If he "can play ball", he kept it a tight secret during his time at UK.

take it up with who offered him a UK scholarship then

take it up with who offered him a UK scholarship then

Why would I need to take it up with anyone? I'm not trying to place blame, just pointing out the truth.

The notion that he must be good because UK recruited him is pure fallacy. We've recruited a lot of guys who couldn't play over the years. Happens to every program.

Why would I need to take it up with anyone? I'm not trying to place blame, just pointing out the truth.

The notion that he must be good because UK recruited him is pure fallacy. We've recruited a lot of guys who couldn't play over the years. Happens to every program.

not play within our system., OK. There are people saying the guy can't shoot, can't dribble, can't make free throws

Kid was what ? top 15, 5 star?

c'mon

not play within our system., OK. There are people saying the guy can't shoot, can't dribble, can't make free throws

c'mon

What the hell are you arguing? He wasn’t good the first half of his freshman season, at all. Nick Richards was a five star Mcds all American and was terrible his first year. Quickley was the top ranked point guard. Nazr Muhammad was 300 lbs and played on the JV squad. Not everyone is John Wall, he absolutely, as a freshman, was not good and he’s not ready for the NBA. Feel free to keep arguing whatever the hell youre arguing with a wall.

c'mon

Honest question: do you actually watch games or just look at star rankings?

The reason people are saying he "can't dribble" is because he really couldn't dribble here, he lost control of the ball most of the times when he tried to put it on the floor. And the reason people are saying he "can't make free throws" is because he couldn't, that 43 percent free throw percentage ain't something we're making up.

Your sole reasoning seems to be "well, he had 5 stars by his name and was recruited by UK, therefore he must be good." Meanwhile, the rest of us are basing our opinion on how he actually played.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I think what he’s arguing is to the folks who said he is trash at basketball which he was pretty bad at Kentucky .

Unfortunately he made a decision not to try to get better while at Kentucky so we don’t know if he would have ever showed why he was ranked so high . If I had to guess he won’t show why he was ranked so high at the next level either since he made an iffy decision .

kid averaged 20 points per game in high school, and was MVP of the Iverson classic that included Cole Anthony, Brooks and Anthony Edwards.

I don't really care what people *think* about how he played at UK, no one is arguing that he didn't stink it up here. But the kid *could* play ball.

JFC, some of you guys are dense.

c'mon

He can’t though... his HS ranking is meaningless at this point. For real man? Did you watch him? He literally had problems with basic basketball skills this year against normal competition (not 1v1 AAU ball). He had issues dribbling, passing, shot like 22% from the field and was atrocious on defense.

He can’t though... his HS ranking is meaningless at this point. For real man? Did you watch him? He literally had problems with basic basketball skills this year against normal competition (not 1v1 AAU ball). He had issues dribbling, passing, shot like 25% from the field and was atrocious on defense.
ok fine I give up

he sucked, horrible, no idea what the UK staff saw in him. Should have been hit upside the head with a baseball bat the moment he stepped on campus.

He was so horrible that everyone had a fit when he quit mid season because god forbid a player that bad *quit* playing basketball

and yea, unfortunately I watch a lot of crap basketball in November/December. I'm a UK fan
Bad is relative.

ok fine I give up

he sucked, horrible, no idea what the UK staff saw in him. Should have been hit upside the head with a baseball bat the moment he stepped on campus.

He was so horrible that everyone had a fit when he quit mid season because god forbid a player that bad *quit* going on the court to hurt the team

Dur Dur you guys despise Whitney dur

ok fine I give up

He was so horrible that everyone had a fit when he quit mid season because god forbid a player that bad *quit* playing basketball

and yea, unfortunately I watch a lot of crap basketball in November/December. I'm a UK fan
Bad is relative.

He did suck. That doesn’t mean it’s the fault of the UK staff or anything. $hit happens and he just didn’t pan out. He has a lot of potential for sure and he’s an incredible athlete but he is just not very good at basketball (right now) at all.

Recruiting misses happen at every program all the time.

Don’t take it personally man, just having a discussion.

Dur Dur you guys despise Whitney dur

read my original post. I'm no Whitney fan. My whole point was, the kid had to be able to play ball in order to play at Kentucky. Its not like his choices were UK or Mississippi Valley. The counter point apparently is he had to be next Magic Johnson or he sucked.

kid averaged 20 points per game in high school, and was MVP of the Iverson classic that included Cole Anthony, Brooks and Anthony Edwards.

I don't really care what people *think* about how he played at UK, no one is arguing that he didn't stink it up here. But the kid *could* play ball.

JFC, some of you guys are dense.

Recruits like Stacey Poole, Jared Carter and Jon Hood all put up impressive high school numbers too, but they still couldn't play worth a lick in college. And those all star games are just meaningless no-defense fun runs.

You took issue with people saying he can't play, those folks were obviously talking about his ability to play at this level, not high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
man, do I wish I could. In the past Ive posted connections but only to be hammered because I would not give up details, (Addidas scandal, Kansas, players, etc) Just trust me. This one is simple. Khalil was forced to choose, stay with mom, who loves him to death but lives in the murder capital of the world. OR go live with dad on the east coast who is a convict, restarting his life and trying, yes, but on purpose took Khalil from his mom with the promise that he'd take his last year or two and make him an NBA star. Just google Kelley Whitney's story.
If there was ever ONE uk player that we could all kind of say, ....ok, is what it is, I wish him the best. That story of Khalil. Thats why Cal cried when he talked to him about leaving. Just please fellas, end it, stop the messages and lets move on. Khalil Whitney move on. Picture your son in this situation....go home with mome where you walk out the door and your friends have been killed and there might not be something to eat, or go with dad in another city who has basketball background but also a criminal, and is now making decisions for you.
Just, please, just ignore any of the Dragon, Khalil posts. Or, mods, just delete them. And let's all move on. This kid LOVED and does LOVE Kentucky with all his heart. But he is in a different world than you, me or any of us. So lets at least be men enough to let him walk. He is the only one ever that deserves it. He would tatoo UK on himself today, but he isn't making the decisions. I'm just asking you guys, one time, let it go with him.
I've thought about your request but I struggle to accept it. If he wanted a way out, he had one. Cal gave him the golden ticket. He was rid of his father, if that's what he wanted, when he stepped foot on campus. Then, he deserted his platoon during active battle. That is unacceptable, period. The violence of where he grew up doesn't change that. A crap father doesn't change that. Treating him like he's a child instead of a 19 year old young man who is fully capable of making his own decisions doesn't change that either. He chose to walk out mid fight, he walked out on his teammates, he walked out on his coaches, he walked out on UK and he walked out on the fans. While I'm usually ambivalent toward kids who transfer out, meaning I don't really care one way or the other what happens in their career, I really hope KW falls on his face. He has earned it. The paradox is, he may never succeed in anything until he does fall on his face. Sorry but that's just how I feel.

man, do I wish I could. In the past Ive posted connections but only to be hammered because I would not give up details, (Addidas scandal, Kansas, players, etc) Just trust me. This one is simple. Khalil was forced to choose, stay with mom, who loves him to death but lives in the murder capital of the world. OR go live with dad on the east coast who is a convict, restarting his life and trying, yes, but on purpose took Khalil from his mom with the promise that he'd take his last year or two and make him an NBA star. Just google Kelley Whitney's story.
If there was ever ONE uk player that we could all kind of say, ....ok, is what it is, I wish him the best. That story of Khalil. Thats why Cal cried when he talked to him about leaving. Just please fellas, end it, stop the messages and lets move on. Khalil Whitney move on. Picture your son in this situation....go home with mome where you walk out the door and your friends have been killed and there might not be something to eat, or go with dad in another city who has basketball background but also a criminal, and is now making decisions for you.
Just, please, just ignore any of the Dragon, Khalil posts. Or, mods, just delete them. And let's all move on. This kid LOVED and does LOVE Kentucky with all his heart. But he is in a different world than you, me or any of us. So lets at least be men enough to let him walk. He is the only one ever that deserves it. He would tatoo UK on himself today, but he isn't making the decisions. I'm just asking you guys, one time, let it go with him.

Must be his dad posting "for him" on Twitter. Hope he gets control of his own life then, if so.

Shitty coaches, shtty family situations, a lot of us know what that's like. I won't comment further out of respect for this possible situation, but he needs to put an end to the fkery on Twitter and disparaging UK, if he wants people to see him in a better/more forgiving light

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT