ADVERTISEMENT

Kahlil Whitney declares for the NBA draft

I don’t get how a top 3 recruit announcement is irrelevant. I get maybe how it’s irrelevant for Kentucky fans . But then it’s still not because him choosing or not choosing Auburn is sort of a big deal .

I suppose it's relevant to those people who haven't been paying attention for the last six months regarding the fact that this kid is going overseas.

But if he actually ends up at Auburn, by all means feel free to come back and show me the error of my ways by highlighting my misuse of the word, "irrelevant."

Reactions: RunninRichie
I suppose it's relevant to those people who haven't been paying attention for the last six months regarding the fact that this kid is going overseas.

But if he actually ends up at Auburn, by all means feel free to come back and show me the error of my ways by highlighting my misuse of the word, "irrelevant."
Umm could probably say that about most recruits but okay .

We got better without him. He is like skal in terms of overrated recruits. In the end didn't matter as we had no tournament.

tenor.gif

Hahahha love that scene!

“Hope he ends up on a farm shoveling horse shit”- no way, while I haven’t done it, I have shoveled lots of cow shit. If he couldn’t cut the grind of cbb and waiting his turn, he sure couldn’t handle the shovel. I’m thinking he won’t make it at anything he has to work for.

Well, well, well..this kid is lacking in the fundamentals of the game BB. He quit on his team mid season. He does not have a college degree and I bet everyone $1 he did not graduate HS. Now he says he wants to be a role model for young kids. I hope he ends up working on a horse farm shoveling horse shit for a living.
He'd sure quit that, how about a nail salon or massage place?

Well, well, well..this kid is lacking in the fundamentals of the game BB. He quit on his team mid season. He does not have a college degree and I bet everyone $1 he did not graduate HS. Now he says he wants to be a role model for young kids. I hope he ends up working on a horse farm shoveling horse shit for a living.
too far

Man, somebody is really guiding this kid poorly. He may make it one day, but from what I saw at UK, it will be a very long journey.

This. I'm not sure he's even good enough for the G-League.

The players in the G-League were all at least good college players, but Whitney showed nothing in college ..is he even good enough to make a G-League roster? Not based on what little I saw of him this year.
A NBA team will definitely put him on their G League roster IMO. Too talented in HS a year ago not to take a flyer on him.

He can probably make a team in China or the Philippines or something. He's not good enough for G-league, or Europe.

He can probably make a team in China or the Philippines or something. He's not good enough for G-league, or Europe.

China is better than G-League ...or at least its salaries are a helluva lot higher. The guys who play in China nowadays are the ones whose NBA careers just ended or who are borderline near NBA level. Whitney has a better shot at the G-League than China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I’m adding my name too. I’ll see who gets picked first. I can hit a three ball in case anyone is interested. I also rebound okay for a 5 foot 7 guard. Handle is shaky and I can’t make many layups though. I have a 7 inch vertical as well.

He has to be the worse 5 star player of all time.

Everyone on this board can guard him

Cal wow dude

I feel awful for this kid, he got bad advice and might pay a big price with no career as a pro ball player

Well he won't quit now, no matter how unhappy or how much he hates whatever league he ends up in. The next stop is getting a real job and quitters struggle at that too.

Best of luck to the young man in the pursuit of his dreams, but I believe he becomes a cautionary tale of when you have excellent measurables and elite athleticism, but little else.

Reactions: RunninRichie
This confirms he quit. He was never transferring. He quit
yep
i do not think anyone ever thought he was transferring

too many people around him telling him he was the great dragon, instead of telling him he needs to listen to the coach that has players that have combined NBA contracts worth over a billion dollars

I never saw even a glimpse of anything that looked like KW could play professional basketball. His only hope is that he makes a G-league team on his measurables and they are willing to take the time to teach him to play basketball.

Is there a chance that he will not be drafted ?

Is this a joke?

Because it's hard to believe one would ask this seriously. Yeah, it's EXTREMELY likely he won't be drafted. No mock drafts even have him on the list of possible picks right now.

Last edited:
Is there a chance that he will not be drafted ?

There is a very very good chance he will not be drafted. In fact, I would be very surprised if he did get drafted.

He’s an athletic freak with possible major potential but he literally is not good at basketball and I know the term “literally “ is overused these days but in this case it’s true. He’s just not a good basketball player. He has trouble dribbling, passing, shooting, dunking, reading screens, defense...

All that being said I think a few of the comments in here are going a bit overboard “I hope he shovels shit on a horse farm for the rest of his life” lol... kinda funny but a bit dramatic. He is a quitter though and kind of a bitch for just bouncing mid season. His comments about being an iNspirAtiON to kids was ironically funny. I don’t wish any ill will on him but in the same breath it’s not “hating” on him to spit the truth about him.
I guess I don’t really care enough about this random kid who was barely noticeable for the few months he was here to care what happens to him from this point forward.

Is this a joke?

Because it's hard to believe one would ask this seriously. Yeah, it's EXTREMELY likely he won't be drafted. No mock drafts even have him on the list of possible picks right now.

Not a joke just wanted to see people's reaction. Of course i don't see him getting drafted. Any one that knows anything about basketball know this kid is making a big mistake.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Notice he doesn’t say shit about UK but he sure doesn’t mind putting his picture up with the jersey. I am typically open to what these kids decide to do and enjoy seeing the progress in the nba. He however will be long forgotten very soon. Who does he think is reading that tweet besides people on this board?

If Whitney can't figure out college ball with the best players around him.. hes not going to play in China, or the G-league. Will he get a look? Maybe, for a bit. But people dont realize the type of established talent that's in the G-league. As for China, id have to look.. have to imagine an 19 year old primadonna isnt gonna find his way on a roster.

Bye Whitney. You'll never be heard from again.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
One of the NBA draft boards has him as number 80th best prospect the last I checked there is only 60 picks so what draft is he going in ?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Ball handling is probably the most important skill in basketball (only defense is arguably more important) and also the most undervalued.

And Whitney has no handle.

Reactions: TM2013 and Fox2monk
Slow motion train wreck. We see this story unfold time and time again. You know damn well this kid knows what the phrase draft bust refers to. So its just like why be so reckless?

Maybe he will latch on and make it in the league but right now? I'd be more embarrassed than anything.

Edit: I'm surprised at the civility of the Twitter response from Cat fans. Great job yall.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM2013 and jgraf_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT