ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards

Huh? When has he done that? He’s arguably our worst finisher at the rim lol
He may be the worst finisher at the rim I’ve ever seen. I think he’s capable of being good at it, I think he’s just in his own head trying to not screw up instead of trying to make a play.
Not sure he really good at any one thing. What might be best for him and the team is for him to focus on becoming our defensive stopper. Sit him in a room with tapes of Liggins playing.

I am not sure what you have seen from Edwards that meets the definition of solid. With all of the talent on this team, it makes no sense to use up valuable minutes on someone who isn't producing at the level of so many others. Cal is doing him no favors by starting him which causes him to play against the opponents' best players. He would be far better off coming off the bench because he would be playing against lesser competition which might give him a chance to gain some confidence and become productive.

He’s a starter on a top 10 team who gives you 9/4 on 22 minutes a night. I call that solid. If you have a different definition, more power to you.

Reactions: smac99
There are a disappointing amount of people on this site that are like a flock of chickens. They see the weak chick/bird and can't help themselves but to peck it to death. Lay off Edwards, he's a good kid on our team.
i don't think anyone is questioning his character, everyone on this forum would be ecstatic if it finally started clicking for him but again and again its the same thing -settling for threes, missed layups, getting beat on defense, i just think he's someone who definitely needs more time to develop i don't see forcing him to start benefits him any but time will tell.

He is fine. The thing that he can do most to help this team out is be the guy who does it all. Be the hustle guy, the defensive stopper, the guy with the motor that never stops.

I will say that when he drives and is aggressive like he wants to rip the rim off the backboard, there isn’t much that will stop him, he just needs to do that more often.
Huh? He can barely even reach the rim. Are we talking about the same guy?

He’s a starter on a top 10 team who gives you 9/4 on 22 minutes a night. I call that solid. If you have a different definition, more power to you.
We have plugged multiple guys in mid year and they have had that output instantly. Those numbers are inflated because of how dominant we are offensively and our guard play. He is in no way shape or form the reason we are a top 10 team.

Reactions: rob_47
We have plugged multiple guys in mid year and they have had that output instantly. Those numbers are inflated because of how dominant we are offensively and our guard play. He is in no way shape or form the reason we are a top 10 team.
I said he is solid but not spectacular. Y’all are trippin’.

I agree….edwards is not as good as he was supposed to be, but he is also not as bad as some make him out to be. I don’t really think we need more threads and comments doggin the kid out. He takes the floor for us and does good things at times. His minutes have gone down, as they should have. I say let’s leave the kid alone
Follow the scouting reports.

He’s not good. Hasn’t shown he can do any single thing above average (or just average for that matter). Soft hands. Gets stripped more than the girls at Spearmint Rhino.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Disagree the start of the game matters too.
Right, you get the same amount of points for baskets no matter when they occur; we add them up for the whole game to get a final total. Saying the first 4 minutes of a half don't matter much is as dumb as saying the last 4 don't matter much. In a close game every minute matters.

Momentum and rhythm to start games matters especially for inferior talented teams. USC would be good time to get a better lineup to start to deal with that environment.

He’s currently too much in his own head. Stick with him, don’t change it up.
Need him to rip off a 25 point game in SECT, and head into the dance ready to roll

He has to start showing something and soon.

Cal has too many talented players to give minutes to. He can’t keep giving this guy minutes, if he doesn’t produce.

Edwards hasn’t been terrible, but he hasn’t been great. On last year’s team, he might have been in the top 5, but on this team, he is not.

You can’t play guys who turn in C work over guys that our turning in A’s and B’s. Not in March, anyway.

I still think he can put it together, but his window of opportunity is closing.

If he is still playing like this in the NCAA’s and Cal is playing him 15-16 minutes, we probably go home early.

To me it seems his lack of intensity 100% of the time. Obvious he can shoot. Kind of like Collins the time he was here. When he is on the floor it's like he disappears most of the time. Needs to focus on crashing the boards much harder and become a lock down defender.

To me it seems his lack of intensity 100% of the time. Obvious he can shoot. Kind of like Collins the time he was here. When he is on the floor it's like he disappears most of the time. Needs to focus on crashing the boards much harder and become a lock down defender.
This.

If Edwards wants minutes, he should be focusing on being a “dawg” defensively and living on the boards. That’s what this team needs from him. We’ve got plenty of everything else.

Right, you get the same amount of points for baskets no matter when they occur; we add them up for the whole game to get a final total. Saying the first 4 minutes of a half don't matter much is as dumb as saying the last 4 don't matter much. In a close game every minute matters.
The practice matters too and all lives.

It's not just intensity to me. He's just not all that skilled right now in certain areas. Too many careless dribbling/passing turnovers. Keeps missing layups at the rim (where he can probably just dunk most of the time).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT