ADVERTISEMENT

How did Cal go from calling T. Jones…

I’ve said it here before, but the Cal that came to UK would absolutely laugh and take the lunch money of this current version of Cal. At some point, he became more of a guidance counselor vs basketball coach; and it isn’t helping anyone. It’s not helping the players, it’s not helping the program, it’s not doing anything for Cal, and it’s just pissing the fan base off.

I really don’t think Cal connects with the kids these days, but in his mind he thinks he’s doing right by them. It’s been weird to see him go from a hungry, take no prisoners coach to a lets have a sleepover at my house coach.

Cal let the mission of getting his guys drafted dilute him of his real goal of winning titles. He’s turned into a social worker. I say it happened after 2019. The covid team. That’s when Cal started preaching “mental health” and other stuff that was really weird for Cal to even say or bring up at that time.

… a selfish MF’r (which worked, by the way) to telling Justin Edwards he can come sleep over at his house and bring his footie pajamas and Ellen will make him brownies?

Like, what the actual F happened to the guy we hired to do this job?
The lifetime contract means NO ACCOUNTABILITY...no need to listen to the boss just count your $$$$.

Reactions: bIhawk
Lifetime contract, no accountability.

I'm listening to KSR. Someone called in, and I could have swore they called Mitch, 'Mitch Bumhart.'

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
… a selfish MF’r (which worked, by the way) to telling Justin Edwards he can come sleep over at his house and bring his footie pajamas and Ellen will make him brownies?

It’s just the way times are now man, I was playing high school ball a couple of years ago and our coach was still one that lit us up and would call us every curse word in the book. You just can’t do that anymore, the players won’t respond at all and you will lose them completely.

Lifetime contract, no accountability.

I'm listening to KSR. Someone called in, and I could have swore they called Mitch, 'Mitch Bumhart.'
He doesn't have a lifetime coaching contract. He's got a 10 year coaching contract that expires in 2029. The "lifetime" thing is some stupid program ambassador role he can choose to take after the 2024 season if he wants it.

Reactions: Mike-D
Worst of all is that stupid, confused, sweaty, mouth-breathing look he always has when the game has gotten away from him. Cue camera 3 to show Cal with that vacant, lost look on the sideline.

It drives me crazy. Time for the fat loser to go.

He doesn't have a lifetime coaching contract. He's got a 10 year coaching contract that expires in 2029. The "lifetime" thing is some stupid program ambassador role he can choose to take after the 2024 season if he wants it.

Yeah, true. They did call it a lifetime contract. Either way, it was a stupid contract.

That was before he won his National Championship. Once he had that, it was on to ending generational poverty while destroying UK basketball, which is a vision of delusional grandeur that he's convinced himself only he could pull off and getting paid to do it. Cal's sees himself as college basketball's version of Ray Kinsella in Field of Dreams but unfortunately, the corn field is being plowed under.

Reactions: Cawood86
Cal got the job of jobs. Won a title. Got the lifetime contract. No more hills to conquer for him. Coast along now until he wants walk away.

The fire is about out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT