ADVERTISEMENT

Just realized our conference foes are a combined 2-5..

Wildcats4ever2007

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2007
with their next game following their victory against us this year with only Tennessee (after 1st win) and Mizzou the only teams to win their next game.

Florida, SC, A&M, & Auburn all lost their next game after their victory against us.

Does this speak more to the depth of the conference this season or is it still the Kentucky effect where every SEC team still uses all their energy and effort to knock us off as their "Super Bowl" despite us having a down year by our standards?

Cant be dismissed - I keep hearing about how deep and great the SEC is however I fully expect them to crap the bed in the NCAA tourney per usual. We shall see.

Cant be dismissed - I keep hearing about how deep and great the SEC is however I fully expect them to crap the bed in the NCAA tourney per usual. We shall see.
"Crap the bed per usual?" Did you forget that there were 3 SEC teams in the Elite Eight last year?! And only 1 each from 5 other conferences!

Last years tournament the SEC had an incredible showing. I expect the same this year. Kentucky won't face a team tougher than the top teams they have faced in conference and I expect them to roll into the second weekend, and beyond. I really do

We always seem to do pretty well in the SECT. Our team has progressed a lot by then, we've gone through the regular season conference play, and we know the teams.

2-5 is absurd, too. That's a horrible statement on just how much these SEC schools care about every other opponent..

Again, it's why I love our chances in the tournament:

1. No officiating help.
2. SEC teams don't bow to us like Big10 or other conferences.
3. Our trajectory is great as we continue to get better at a rapid pace.

It's the proverbial "shot their wad syndrome" when it comes to these other teams.
They have nothing left in the tank after playing the Cats !!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
They absolutely go limp.

Reactions: awf
with their next game following their victory against us this year with only Tennessee (after 1st win) and Mizzou the only teams to win their next game.

Florida, SC, A&M, & Auburn all lost their next game after their victory against us.

Does this speak more to the depth of the conference this season or is it still the Kentucky effect where every SEC team still uses all their energy and effort to knock us off as their "Super Bowl" despite us having a down year by our standards?
In my opinion, it's not that simple. Without looking up schedules, more often than not, a victory over Kentucky usually happens at home, and now that team may have to go on the road where it is very difficult to win this season.

They blow their load on us then go in to the next game feeing overly confident because they just beat the almighty UK. Happens every year it feels like.

The Kentucky affect is real.

Auburn doesn't lose at USC like they did if their previous opponent was someone other than UK.

Arkansas will lose on Saturday.

So you're expecting Arkansas to sin tomorrow nite? Thread us about chat hapkens after teams beat UK.

So you're expecting Arkansas to sin tomorrow nite? Thread us about chat hapkens after teams beat UK.
Holy spellcheck batman.
No, I'm expecting Arkansas to put everything they have into tomorrow night's game. Win or lose (doesn't matter), they will most likely lose their next game.
In the SEC, especially with Arkansas, it's T-shirt night whenever UK comes to town and they put everything they have into that one game. The next game… ..they draw a far smaller crowd, there's no energy in the arena and the players aren't as motivated.
So what I'm saying is, win or lose, these teams don't have the focus and energy in their next game after they've played UK.

Your point notwithstanding, the SEC did have 3 teams in the Elite 8 last year and we were a buzzer beater away from having 2 in the Final Four as in 2014.

Reactions: EliteBlue
In my opinion, it's not that simple. Without looking up schedules, more often than not, a victory over Kentucky usually happens at home, and now that team may have to go on the road where it is very difficult to win this season.

I agree typically, but SC & Florida both lost their next game even though it was at home. Also, Tenn came into Rupp and beat us then followed it up with a 28 point blow out loss @ Bama.

The Kentucky affect is real.

Auburn doesn't lose at USC like they did if their previous opponent was someone other than UK.

Arkansas will lose on Saturday.
You are correct, every team only has so much emotion, it is hard to get a team back up emotionally after the high from beating any Kentucky team.

It is the only time either home or away that most of these teams play in front of a sellout crowd that is fired up.

The sec is much better this year. There's no doubt. But the Kentucky effect is real.

It's not just teams losing their next game on the road. Florida beat us in Rupp and then lost to SC at home.

Tennessee beat us in Rupp and then got blown out by almost 30 points at Alabama.

Auburn was down nearly 30 to SC at one point.

Teams get way get way up for Kentucky even when we're not very good. And then have a hangover the next game. It's a joke.

Somehow the sec manages to be our bitch even when we're a middle of the pack team in the conference. It's impressive for all the wrong reasons. The coaches in this league are a bunch of cucks.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Yeah, they really crapped the bed last year. smh.
Ok - 1 year - you got me. My point is the teams play way upbove their head when they play us - then they get to the tournamament and under perform. Not a new scenario I'm painting. I hope we make it 2 years in a in a row - just can't say I have a lot of faith in Auburn and Tenn to get past the first weekend. Could be cause I hate the coaches though.

See y’all in St Louis. Would love to win the trifecta against Kentucky (home, away, neutral court).

Ok - 1 year - you got me. My point is the teams play way upbove their head when they play us - then they get to the tournamament and under perform. Not a new scenario I'm painting. I hope we make it 2 years in a in a row - just can't say I have a lot of faith in Auburn and Tenn to get past the first weekend. Could be cause I hate the coaches though.
Yes but you have to give Auburn the benefit of the doubt this year, one of their best players foot fell off.
Regardless, if you can’t see that the conference has stepped up its game in most areas, better coaches, better recruiting, more competitive than it’s been in years, then i don’t know what to tell you.

It is a funky year in college bball for a LOT of reasons, but as someone else said, no one is just scary good....not even UVA. If we can pull our heads out of our backsides we could rattle off 10 in a row and win this whole thing, which would be mind-blowing. If that happens, I'll call them the "Unbelievables 2.0"

That being said, I'm taking this one game at a time. We are still young and tourney pressure is a whole different beast.

Look at that 2012 team. Which should've gone undefeated; the pressure got to them in the SEC Final, that, and Vandy was fighting for its life.

So, I like our chances. Just hope our guys don't have a major brain fart come tourney time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT