ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelieveable

The media hates UK, we are the only blue blood job who ever opens and it’s always our fault for some reason. Not the shitty results, or even 2 coaches quitting changes the narrative they wanna push.
Lol this is so true and I harp on this as much as you do. The media hated us when we ran off Tubby and hired BCG. Then they hated us when we fired BCG and hired Calipari. They thought BCG deserved more time and they thought Cal was going to bring NCAA illegal shame on our program.

And some of them are hating on us for being public with our dissatisfaction of Cal, and whether we ran him off or not, they say we did in a negative way. No matter what UK does some media members just always paint in a negative light, sometimes contradicting themselves (like bashing us for hiring Cal and then bashing us for letting him leave) and it’s the same people.

As to whether Cal was ran off or not… idk. Most of the fans definitely wanted a new coach but we didn’t run him off like we did Tubby. Tubby was given the choice to leave or be fired. Cal was given the choice to leave or make changes (because UK didn’t want to pay the buyout). He left. Those two scenarios are very different to me, but to some the optics of the big picture look the same and I can see their perspective. But I don’t agree with it. He was certainly in a position where he was forced to either step up, or step away and chose to step away. Tubby, and other coaches across all programs in his and similar scenarios, were just told to leave or be fired.

Coaches for every program at the level of UK get a hot seat when things get rough. Between his 4th and 5th title I knew Duke fans who were ready for K to retire and some wanted him canned because they thought the game passed him by. Then he adapted and won a 5h title (he also got a biased whistle). Hubert got the title game year one and after his second year tar heal fans were calling for his job. Where was the media coverage on these fanbases and why weren’t they equally scrutinized? Well, just take a peak at the Alma mater for a majority of ESPN and CBS personalities and you might get a clue…

Last edited:
Last time beating this dead horse:
JOHN CALIPARI WAS NOT FIRED, HE LEFT

I have seen far too many posts about running him off or firing him. He had already been announced as the coach for next season AND had a joint video with the AD.

You can have any history you want to believe but for heavens sake don't make it up as we go.
He left
But he was ran off too dude. 90% of the people on here wanted him gone and we're glad it happened. Don't act like that's not the case

Lol this is so true and I harp on this as much as you do. The media hated us when we ran off Tubby and hired BCG. Then they hated us when we fired BCG and hired Calipari. They thought BCG deserved more time and they thought Cal was going to bring NCAA illegal shame on our program.

And some of them are hating on us for being public with our dissatisfaction of Cal, and whether we ran him off or not, they say we did in a negative way. No matter what UK does some media members just always paint in a negative light, sometimes contradicting themselves (like bashing us for hiring Cal and then bashing us for letting him leave) and it’s the same people.

As to whether Cal was ran off or not… idk. Most of the fans definitely wanted a new coach but we didn’t run him off like we did Tubby. Tubby was given the choice to leave or be fired. Cal was given the choice to leave or make changes (because UK didn’t want to pay the buyout). He left. Those two scenarios are very different to me, but to some the optics of the big picture look the same and I can see their perspective. But I don’t agree with it. He was certainly in a position where he was forced to either step up, or step away and chose to step away. Tubby, and other coaches across all programs in his and similar scenarios, were just told to leave or be fired.

Coaches for every program at the level of UK get a hot seat when things get rough. Between his 4th and 5th title I knew Duke fans who were ready for K to retire and some wanted him canned because they thought the game passed him by. Then he adapted and won a 5h title (he also got a biased whistle). Hubert got the title game year one and after his second year tar heal fans were calling for his job. Where was the media coverage on these fanbases and why weren’t they equally scrutinized? Well, just take a peak at the Alma mater for a majority of ESPN and CBS personalities and you might get a clue…
They will never criticize those fanbases. It’s only us that is allowed to be called stupid hicks and racists.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you say that. I wanted Cal gone years ago ... and I think in the end he was run off. Either way, I'm glad he's left the building.
Cal left on his own, Mitch sat there on TV with Cal and gave him his support, and Cal flies over to the final four pregame stuff meets his Arky buddies and he is gone. We are happy, I assume Cal his happy, but nobody ran him off.

Reactions: KFuqua
Cleans, Sanitizes. Rinses right away.

100d26Q.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT